The Smiths in Marilyn Manson's book

M

MuteWitness616

In Marilyn Manson's autobiography, Long Hard Road Out Of Hell. Marilyn Manson makes lots of silly statements about Morrissey/The Smiths.

There is a section in the book, about Homosexuality.
It has lots of comments on The Smiths.

Ex) If you know the names of the rest of The Smiths, besides Marr and Morrissey

Ex) If you own any Smiths albums

Ex) If your first,last or middle name is Morrissey.

There's more, but basically, if any of these statements suits you, you are gay.

Do you perhaps think Marilyn Manson is a Smiths fan?

I remember reading this book ages ago when I was a fan and at the time, I had no idea who the Smiths or Moz were. But because I was such a stupid teenage a-hole, I figured it was better that way.

Years later in college when I realize the error in my ways, I remember those lines in the book and laughed for various reasons.

also another funny yet ridiculous line in the list was something like:

If you have ever worn a barette, this means you are gay.

hahaha!!! wtf is he talking about?!!

I just can't picture Manson being a Morrissey fan, but I always wondered...

I remember reading this book ages ago when I was a fan and at the time, I had no idea who the Smiths or Moz were. But because I was such a stupid teenage a-hole, I figured it was better that way.

Years later in college when I realize the error in my ways, I remember those lines in the book and laughed for various reasons.

also another funny yet ridiculous line in the list was something like:

If you have ever worn a barette, this means you are gay.

hahaha!!! wtf is he talking about?!!

Manson's list of girlfriends is pretty decent proof of his own non-gayness. Or, at the very least, his exquisite selection of beards.

Rose McGowan:
175059__rose_l.jpg

Dita von Teese. Hommina!
teese_5.jpg

Rachel Evan Wood:
manson-wood-4-20-07.jpg

Plus, I can't fault someone named Warner without getting in trouble.

Manson's list of girlfriends is pretty decent proof of his own non-gayness. Or, at the very least, his exquisite selection of beards.

Rachel Evan Wood:
manson-wood-4-20-07.jpg

That is not a good looking man...

Why exactly am I supposed to care what Marilyn Manson has to say anyway?:confused:

NRITH..."exquisite selection of beards."...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well put. I feel like you just quoted Perez but it was obviously an original statement. A very funny one i might add. :D

Rose McGowan:
175059__rose_l.jpg

Dita von Teese. Hommina!
teese_5.jpg

Rachel Evan Wood:
manson-wood-4-20-07.jpg

his name is brian

yeah I know basically everything there is to know about him

These are trophy girls. Obviously he's overcompensating for something.

I remember reading this book in 2000. I didn't even know who the Smiths were.:o
I was a BIG fan of Marilyn in 1999 - 2003, before The Golden Age Of Grotesque. I still love his early stuff.
Oh and I also think he is hot :)

I think it's quite possible that Manson is a Smiths fan, but I don't know about Morrissey's thoughts towards him. From what I can gather, Moz can't really be bothered slagging off other artists he doesn't like as he did back in the 80's. I could be wrong though.

yeah I know basically everything there is to know about him
So you know his drummer is suing him because he did not pay him enough, spending his money on curious things?:eek: (nazi stuff and some other horrible things...:mad:)

I remember reading this book in 2000. I didn't even know who the Smiths were.:o
I was a BIG fan of Marilyn in 1999 - 2003, before The Golden Age Of Grotesque. I still love his early stuff.
Oh and I also think he is hot :)

I know what you mean. I was a Manson fan from 97 till about 2001. It was great for the high school years, filled with displaced anger and confusion. At the time I too was really unfamiliar with the Smiths. Now that things have pretty much completely reversed in that sense I have to laugh.

I don’t think Manson is hot. Never really did. I was a Twiggy fan. I always loved him. Once he left the band I gave up on Manson because the writing went to shit and there was no longer a hot bass player.

Now that Jeordie (aka Twiggy) plays in A Perfect Circle, it’s all good.

Back
Top Bottom