The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
Despite Johnny Marr's twitty response this is from a trusted source so it's definitely going to happen...some day - even if all the ex-Smiths deny it happening a trusted source would no longer be a trusted source if they were dumping a steaming pile of bullshit on the pavement.

If it were a lie than the statement needs to be updated to state that this comes from an 'untrusted source' or someone who has no idea and just made it up for a lark.

I wonder what the setlist will be?

What exactly does anyone need from the Smiths today? Is it a new record or a concert that will fill a hole in your life? What itch do the Smiths need to scratch for you? Would them all hugging it out quench your thirst?

Morrissey will never do it because it's the final, holy morsel of integrity that he can cling to until the day he dies. No matter what happens, no matter how many stupid things he says, no matter how many awful albums he puts out, at least he never sank so low as to get his old band back together. It's basically all he's got.

Morrissey will never do it because it's the final, holy morsel of integrity that he can cling to until the day he dies. No matter what happens, no matter how many stupid things he says, no matter how many awful albums he puts out, at least he never sank so low as to get his old band back together. It's basically all he's got.

I like all his solo albums! I like the melodrama. And the way he fused happy 60s pop with rockabilly/punk & made them both miserable and murky.

I don't really mean the kind of thing that is announced in advance, where everybody gets paid millions and there's a massive scrum to get tickets. I mean an ordinary show in an ordinary place, and Johnny says "I'd like to bring on an old friend..."

I don't know that Johnny views him as a friend anymore. Certainly doesn't seem like it.

What exactly does anyone need from the Smiths today? Is it a new record or a concert that will fill a hole in your life? What itch do the Smiths need to scratch for you? Would them all hugging it out quench your thirst?

I'm a bit too young to really care about them getting back together - but it would be worth it if they wrote some new material together.

the man who is always wrong. Always liked to think you’re “in the know” - couldn’t be further from the truth.
One day you maybe right, as a blind squirrel will eventually find an acorn, but not you.
Not a chance.
If you didn't quote this it would be hidden.

He would also love the glory and adulation of playing mammoth venues again.

But the thought of 'The Smiths' playing the London o2 makes me cringe.

Marr would bask in the publicity giving interviews left and right as if he were more than a hired sidekick.
He has a gigantic ego and cant deal with ageing. He has issues. Moz doesnt need to deal with
Toxic Johnny ever again.

Do you get that the humasexual Morrissey is mostly a homo?
(probably homosexual + special female guests in rare occasions)

I don't care what Morrissey does but since he's christian I'm assuming he's probably not having sodomy. And I don't care about guys having feelings for other guys , I'm calling out f*****ry. You know the difference. While we're on the topic, homophobia is not a thing. It's a made up term

Back
Top Bottom