"This isn't what I voted for."

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
I never said O'Reilly, Hannity and Limbaugh weren't assholes. Glenn Beck is more my pace. Something a lot of people on here can't seem to grasp is that bias is in the eye of the beholder. Watching Beck, Hannity, etc is likely to evoke thoughts of them being crazy sons of bitches when you do not agree with their politics, just as the negative thoughts are provoked by the average sycophantry exhibited by Olbermann and Matthews in me. They all have their flaws. Look up the emails Olbermann once sent out to reporters and such that didn't agree with him. Of course, he apologized, but so did every conservative instance you put forth. We're going to have to agree to disagree, I can't discuss politics online. Especially when I'm typing on my sidekick.

i know, but this thread was about Bill Maher and Obama. the Olbermann and Matthews comments were kinda outta nowhere. and I did say that i can see the asshole comments about someone like Olbermann, i just didnt see it in Matthews, b/c asshole to me implies something about their personality and how they treat people, not so much their political views. if you don't agree with Olbermann, the fact that he's loud and sarcastic can make him look like an asshole. sure. but Matthews liking Obama doesnt automatically make him an asshole. and i don't remember any instance in where Rush or Bill apologized for anything, at least nothing of significance. either way, this is veering way off topic.

and Glenn Beck's tears aren't real, btw.

don't take this as me fighting with you though. I think we're having a pretty civil discussion.

the thing to never forget about any nominee for president from either of the entrenched powers is that these people all i have a desperate thirst for power :o
obama is not president for me, you, or anybody but himself really :cool:
well, and those forces he must cooperate with in order to be allowed to be president :eek:
as for nader, ive said before, i worked for him off and on for a number of years :)
and i remember as far back as 92 him saying things like that they would never let perot become president let alone him(nader) :straightface:
we all just live in this country, we do not own it
and the wealthy few people & companies who do will never allow for any real change in the status quo to occur, its a complete fantasy to think otherwise :crazy:
so yeah, obama might even really mean all that nice shit he says
but in the end, what really matters most to him is having the power he now has, not one policy or another
he knows that if he really tried to use it for the greater good he would be dead by morning :flamethrow:

Who claimed they were real?

I listen to his radio program everyday and I heard him describe what they used to make him tear up.

then what's the point of him doing stuff like that.

he fake cries, and plays with barbie dolls and turtles to try to prove his points, and it's just really hard to take him seriously.

then what's the point of him doing stuff like that.

he fake cries, and plays with barbie dolls and turtles to try to prove his points, and it's just really hard to take him seriously.

He did the tears for the cover of a book.

I watch his show nearly every evening, but I've never seen the barbie doll/turtle thing.

He did the tears for the cover of a book.

I watch his show nearly every evening, but I've never seen the barbie doll/turtle thing.

nah, he's "cried" a bunch of times on his show, to show how much he fears for America and stuff. and he cried for a magazine shoot, i saw the video of it. where they gave him the stuff to cry.

here's him on his show though. skip to about 2:45

[youtube]rM4xqnukQrM&feature=related[/youtube]

here's him playing with his pet turtles, Barney and Frank. one peed on his desk

here's him on O'Reilly, still talking about Acorn, and playing with Barbies

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this will renew your confidence?

Its a bird! Its a plane! No, he's Barack Obama and hes come to save the day! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The campaign Obama is very different from President Obama. The libs still don't get it.

The campaign Obama is very different from President Obama. The libs still don't get it.

I've still yet to hear anyone who really believed he would be perfect. Better than the challenger and a league ahead of his bumbling predecessor, yes.

I've still yet to hear anyone who really believed he would be perfect. Better than the challenger and a league ahead of his bumbling predecessor, yes.

I disagree. I totally disagree. Have I mentioned I disagree?

Wait, you're certainly are not implying that that is something that is unique to Obama, are you? Because I can think of a few presidents whose names rhyme with George Bush who also fit that bill for starters. In other words, it's the general nature of the beast that is the politician.

What's more, I don't get the "libs" generalization. So all liberals are like that? So all non-liberals are not like that? Non-liberals are immune from that sort of stuff? That hardly seems accurate.

Back
Top Bottom