Morrissey Central "To Be Right But Not To Be Believed" (April 25, 2020)

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

Unfairly or not, his name/image has become totally toxic - a deeply unpleasant far-right extremist who prefers his own race.

LMFAO, so he's gone from being right wing, to being far right, to now a far-right extremist.
Chinese whispers anyone?

LMFAO, so he's gone from being right wing, to being far right, to now a far-right extremist.
Chinese whispers anyone?
Yes. We’re just days away from him being described as a terrorist.

Clearly Skinny - the anti-racist campaigner (lol) - is comfortable with the government taking on totalitarian powers of social control.

Well it all suits skinny though doesn't it? He never goes out in the world anyway, so he's happy to sit in doors, all week, on his keyboard, doing nothing useful. The fact we have covid-19 kicking about has made no change to skinny's life whatsoever.

People who think Moz is out there to make ‘profit’ really have not been paying any attention for the last 35 years. Jeez.
If there has been one who doesn’t ‘play the game’ it is Moz.

Of course he is out to make money to some degree, he's not a charity. Trying to do that by exploiting a tragedy, though, is pure opportunism. The endless problem with Morrissey is that despite his considerable success, he has never been satisfied with the recognition he gets - which is why he so often comes out with this ill-advised, self-absorbed crap.

He's not a far right extremist & he prefers cats.

My point was if he only cared about exploiting situations to make money then he wouldn't go against the grain & he would be invited on all of these things.
Yes, we know he's not a far-right racist extremist but unfortunately that is how he's now perceived amongst the wider world. Urging people to vote for a far-right political group, and stating that everyone prefers their own race has not helped.

As Morrissey has correctly highlighted, to have a mind of one’s own is starting to be perceived as a sign of infection. In fact, you’ve virtually equated the two things.

I doubt any parent, worthy of the responsibility, would want their children to live in such a hideous world.

You can have a mind of your own without wilfully putting other people at risk.

“Wilfully putting other people at risk” has recently included buying Easter eggs. In some shops, the accusers were the very same idiots who were selling them.

Big Brother conformism? f*** right off. Entitled arseholes pretending the state is oppressing them when people are dying in their thousands.

Just f*** off.
What rights are you willing to give up to feel safe? Why are you still here? I know @Eldritch is ready to get dumpster pumped on the daily , so bending over for the government is his pleasure

Last edited:
Of course he is out to make money to some degree, he's not a charity. Trying to do that by exploiting a tragedy, though, is pure opportunism. The endless problem with Morrissey is that despite his considerable success, he has never been satisfied with the recognition he gets - which is why he so often comes out with this ill-advised, self-absorbed crap.
Yes, he wants his songs to be heard by as many people as possible. Which is what any artist should aspire to. Why you want to equate this to ‘profit’ is beyond me.

He’s always been as non-conformist as possible and has always, since 1983, refused to play the game. Just ask all his former managers or records companies.

The lockdown puts millions of people at risk. In the UK alone the social, health, and economic consequences will dwarf the effects of the virus. And the evidence that the lockdown has been effective in reducing virus-related mortality is debatable. It may actually be increasing excess mortality due to people not attending A&E for life-threatening conditions.
No one is saying have a party in your back garden and then go and hug your elderly relatives.

Yes, he wants his songs to be heard by as many people as possible. Which is what any artist should aspire to. Why you want to equate this to ‘profit’ is beyond me.

He’s always been as non-conformist as possible and has always, since 1983, refused to play the game. Just ask all his former managers or records companies.

So why not say let’s get this re released and all profits can go to the NHS?

Because not seeing the positive side he is publishing a song of his interpreted by his fans,he is is recognizing his fans,he already has a lot of money , I see the positive side..
Stop attacking him!!!!.
Boz's wife got sick whit the chinese virus,Boz and Moz would be contacts,they has the show on March 6,the dates coincide,so they must already be inmunized!!!!!

You are wrong.
He has always been desperate to have number 1 albums, his face everywhere, all over radio.
Aspired to great artist status. However
he is too f***ing vile of mind,
ugly of deed.
He is a a despicable fiasco that hangs on,
on, on, and f***ing on.
When his albums bomb,
when he gets called out on awful things he says,
he falls back on the non conformist card.
The man's an opportunist clown.

Bad taste. Moz is really putting in a sterling effort to be a clueless selfish twat. He makes it hard to be a fan when he makes childish rants like this. I'm saying that as a long term serious fan.
A normal person would have contacted the record company privately and suggested a reissue with a Covid related cover, offering to give 50% or 25% of profits to the NHS or some organisation to help fight Covid. Not that it would sell much anyway: it's already been available forever for people to stream, it's included on a zillion Moz 'best of' CDs. A reissue would only serve his vanity.

535d0897a13fbe4cc0be4317f3973aec.jpg

But no, Moz is the center of the universe and we all serve him. How self obsessed can one person be? And so he drew the word "shallow" on my neck, and soon everyone knew.

Truly Disappointed.

Last edited:

He hasn't said anyone should defy the lockdown - he just said it's fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom