todays events

L

L'Estrange

Being an Irish catholic, i have had sympathies with certain terrorist acts in the past. I've used the excuse of legitimate targets, adequate warnings as cornerstones to my arguments in the past. The gerrimandering of political boundaries led to fustration at the ballot box- no political voice meant that the bombs were justified.
I couldn't understand the "warnings" given by the IRA , so that areas could be evacuated. Why?- surely you are at war?(and yes there have been mistakes and exceptions)
But there was a cause, a battle for something.
But todays events- why?(dislike of the West?) No warning? (maximum human cost)
I feel disgusted of the fact that i have supported terrorist acts (no - i've never cheered at lives lost). The site of those palestinians cheering, as though lives were goals scored in a football match.... (Yes there were IRA supporters who did this).
I have seen the results of these attrocities- my cousin was shot dead by Protestant paramilitaries(i wanted to avenge that , i didn't) But not to kill a policeman, a soldier,or a protestant just them men responsible.
I am horrified at todays events, and have watched again and again the footage(as we all have)- what was being avenged here?
Nothing
To those responsible, taking Western and especially American lives is a goal and i defy anyone to condone it.
My sympathies are with anyone touched by this. I am also concerned about another cousin of mine who works for the New York fire service, and my friend John an off

Back
Top Bottom