UK Rock'N'Roll Magazine issue 238: Boz Boorer interview (February 19, 2024)

Image-01.jpg
Image-15.jpg
Image-16.jpg
Image-17.jpg
Image-18.jpg

Morrissey mentions.
Regards,
FWD.

He provided Morrissey with backing tracks to capture Morrissey’s imagination. That’s a fun way to make songs.

Not only does he seem like a real nice chap but he composed some of the finest Morrissey tunes over the years.
What a talented man!
Thanks a lot Mister! 👋

Was once in Boz's vinyl shop in Camden and my daughter was looking through some band prints when, we heard a "can i help you" turned around and it was Boz himself.... wish i'd have had a chat about Moz, but my daughter has a thing when someone asks her if she needs help in a shop, she finds it uncomfortable so she (we) left.

I know Boz and his mrs are very good friend with the Weller's and go on holiday with them to Spain. There was a pic of them a while back on Boz's page of them all holding hands and jumping into a pool.

Can’t believe they didn’t ask him about his split with Morrissey!

I don't think there is a split - he's just doing his own thing now he's older.
I just meant he’s left the band. We know why Alain and Gus left, but there’s been no word on why Boz left.

I just meant he’s left the band. We know why Alain and Gus left, but there’s been no word on why Boz left.

Idk - it seems fairly obvious he just wants to spend more time at home in Portugal with his shop & studio. Plus visit his grandchild in Australia & he's doing his rockabilly stuff. It's hard to fit that around Morrissey’s last minute touring & recording schedules.

Should have gone to see him and Sonny George at the Dublin Castle last week...would have been a good gig. Funny he mentions Nigel Lewis from the Johnson Family and the Meteors.......found out the other week he's turned into a transvestite.

Should have gone to see him and Sonny George at the Dublin Castle last week...would have been a good gig. Funny he mentions Nigel Lewis from the Johnson Family and the Meteors.......found out the other week he's turned into a transvestite.
Seriously??? Nigel Lewis a transvestite???
He's about 7ft tall and looks like he'd eat you for breakfast. Still a legend tho.

I really miss Boz, he wrote some cracking tunes with Moz and i always felt a calming influence over everything, simply because he is such a decent chap.
I dont know all the ins and outs of band relations but i now look upon the Boz, Alain, Spencer and Gary line up as his best. Great tunes, great shows and it was good to watch them improve together with time.

Idk - it seems fairly obvious he just wants to spend more time at home in Portugal with his shop & studio. Plus visit his grandchild in Australia & he's doing his rockabilly stuff. It's hard to fit that around Morrissey’s last minute touring & recording schedules.
Still, I’d like an official statement of some sort. They worked together for 30 years.

Nice to read that Jack The Ripper is one of Boz’s favorites, it is a live favorite as well and Morrissey seemingly can’t get enough of it.

How about Morrissey recording one last album in Portugal with Boz as producer?

Still, I’d like an official statement of some sort. They worked together for 30 years.
Me too. I don’t necessarily think there was a fall-out between them Boz was still playing with Morrissey on the eve of the covid breakout, just couldn’t be arsed to resume touring after the lockdown. But why not say so then?

I find it so completely odd that there was no announcement on Moz Central when Boz stopped working with Morrissey, especially if it was amicable.

Even a "Boz is stepping back from the band to spend more time at home, Morrissey wishes to sincerely thank Boz for the last 30 years" sort of thing.

I'm sure Morrissey was very nice to him in private when they went their separate ways, but at the same time he knows he has a devoted fanbase who have watched him and Boz share a stage for three decades, and yet all of a sudden a Morrissey gig takes place with no Boz and no announcement regarding it. And that was that, no Boz anymore.

Has Boz gone on record (e.g. on social media) to give his reasons for not being with Morrissey anymore? I can't recall seeing anything from him regarding this. It just seems to be speculation from people on here that retirement was the reason.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom