Uncut magazine, May 2008 edition. Morrissey/Bowie content.

Some scans from the steam-powered antique...
2441426782_928245e43d_o.jpg

2441426948_952ce1d1a9_o.jpg

2440596621_fcfc546084_b.jpg

Peter

Ha, it's so surreal to see him refer to himself as, "Steve Morrissey". It sounds like the name of a Superhero. "Here comes Steve Morrissey to save the day!" :D

These letters are great! thanks for posting.

""Now go away you nasty little brat LOL - they had no idea... :D

"I'm not Jermaine. I'm David Bowie from the Ahes to Ashes video..."

Conchords_106_Bowie.png

Name what the hell I'm talking about and win a prize :guitar:

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!:D God, I love them.....not to mention that they are sexy!!!:o

Thank you very much. I loved reading the old Moz letters, from back when he was plain old Steve :) That really wouldn't suit him anymore would it?

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!:D God, I love them.....not to mention that they are sexy!!!:o

Thanks for getting it. Will you be seeing them on their upcoming tour? I'll be at their show in philly in May!! I'm so excited!

"Sorry about the table Bret...":D

Thanks for getting it. Will you be seeing them on their upcoming tour? I'll be at their show in philly in May!! I'm so excited!

"Sorry about the table Bret...":D

kebaabs.

Great scans, thank you so much for posting them!

I probably will never see this Uncut in stores because the places around here are lame and don't carry any music magazines besides Rolling Stone and Blender. When they do put an Uncut or Q out, it's months old for some reason.

It's not the May edition. I bought it yesterday cos I had the title of the thread in mind - and not the cover. Is it June then?

Moz Interviews & Articles

First of all, I am searching for a review Morrissey did when he was just, "Steve Morrissey" - he did a review for "Kimono My House" by Sparks, and some other bands. I think he sent these to NME, I'm not sure, but I'd be so grateful to have them again. 2. About a year or two years ago, Moz did an interview with a woman, and it was called, "Moz The Cat". Would anyone help me in finding these pieces? Thank you. :D

Re: Moz Interviews & Articles

First of all, I am searching for a review Morrissey did when he was just, "Steve Morrissey" - he did a review for "Kimono My House" by Sparks, and some other bands. I think he sent these to NME, I'm not sure, but I'd be so grateful to have them again. 2. About a year or two years ago, Moz did an interview with a woman, and it was called, "Moz The Cat". Would anyone help me in finding these pieces? Thank you. :D

It wasn't a review, it was a letter to the NME in June, 1974:
"Today I bought the album of the year. I feel I can say this without expecting several letters saying I'm talking rubbish. The album is Kimono My House by Sparks. I bought it on the strength of the single. Every track is brilliant-- although I must name 'Equator', 'Complaints', 'Amateur Hour' and 'Here In Heaven' as the best tracks, and in that order. Steve Morrissey".​

And: Moz The Cat

Re: Moz Interviews & Articles

It wasn't a review, it was a letter to the NME in June, 1974:
"Today I bought the album of the year. I feel I can say this without expecting several letters saying I'm talking rubbish. The album is Kimono My House by Sparks. I bought it on the strength of the single. Every track is brilliant-- although I must name 'Equator', 'Complaints', 'Amateur Hour' and 'Here In Heaven' as the best tracks, and in that order. Steve Morrissey".​

And: Moz The Cat

Worm, I lurve you! Thanks, sweets! :D

Tags
article interview
Back
Top Bottom