What song are you listening to right now?

Colonel Abrams - speculation

So i decided to go to YouTube and type in words with song after it and see if a song existed with that title. This was a funny one and yeah music was just as silly as frivolous as Justin Bieber in the eighties

I think it's just when I've read about the 'weirdo' punk acts that came out of California at that time, the Screamers always gets mentioned before or over Nervous Gender and I could never understand why, I suppose it has a lot to do with Tomata du Plenty's stage performance which always comes off as a little too cartoonish for what I look for in a front person, guess it just grates against my aesthetics. You did ask ! :D

Now what I did think was the interesting twist in all this is that Tomata du Plenty .....

'Few in L.A.’s original punk scene were aware that Du Plenty’s adroitness at theater came from an earlier time. At the zenith of San Francisco’s Flower Power movement he visited the Haight-Ashbury district of the city in 1968 as a twenty-year-old and became a member of the psychedelic drag queen troupe, The Cockettes. Founded by the transplanted New Yorker George Harris (1949-1982), the ensemble was extremely influential, helping to usher in not just the modern Gay Liberation movement, but Glam Rock as well. In 1969 Du Plenty moved to Seattle, Washington, where he founded a similar street performance group, Ze Whiz Kidz. A rare film clip from 1971 shows Du Plenty and his ensemble (including Melba Toast, who was to become Tommy Gear in the Screamers), performing at Seattle’s University District Street Fair. This direct connection to the underground countercultural movement of the late 1960s cannot be discounted.'

this info came from this blog.. http://art-for-a-change.com/blog/2014/05/who-was-tomata-du-plenty.html

You probably think that because of my amazing Turkey brain, I know a lot about the Screamers, but I really don't. Just like some of the songs. Now I'm learning some of the history and it's going to make me a better Turkey. You sure know what you like in a front person Ketamine, and I admire that. Also admire your quest to shine light on the story of weirdo punk. To few people are doing that now a days. It's refreshing to know someone who has their priorities straight!

You probably think that because of my amazing Turkey brain, I know a lot about the Screamers, but I really don't. Just like some of the songs. Now I'm learning some of the history and it's going to make me a better Turkey. You sure know what you like in a front person Ketamine, and I admire that. Also admire your quest to shine light on the story of weirdo punk. To few people are doing that now a days. It's refreshing to know someone who has their priorities straight!

:thumb:

one for The Wild Swurkey !

The Uncluded (Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson) performs "Jambi Cafe" in bed | MyMusicRx #Bedstock 2016

A charity thing by the children's cancer association with links to donate. Muscicians perform in bed for kids can't get out of bed in order to draw attention and donations to the program

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom