What's your biggest spending???

i paid 50 bucks for the UK certain people we know cd single about 15 years ago...

i recently sold it on ebay for 15... :|

]My copy of "James Dean Is Not Dead"- paid $5 for it in the 80's and it's worth much more now. (not sure how much but more than a paltry $5) :D

Re: What’s your most expensive piece of Moz/Smith memorabilia?

No, sorry I should have explained that a bit better, £799 was my maximum bid. The bid only went up to £80.

£80 for morrissey shot , i picked another copy up on ebay in december for £12 ....

its all relitive how much you spend , when i was 16 i bout a clear vinyl copy of ASK , from the netherlands (or some where ) it cost me about £30 but at the time i had no money so it was a big deal , i have spent more than that since then

My biggest Moz spending was the "Peepholism" hardback for which I paid 102 GBP....:o. It tends to be easier to spend LOADS of money on Smiths items than on Moz stuff :sick:.

Hmmm most Moz was £50 for James Dean 1st Edition in virtual mint condition, most Smiths was I think £60 on What Difference Australian CD Single.

Most was $36 for the Stop Me Japan CD. I don't buy vinyl. No place to put it and no place to play it.

However I have spend insane prices on other collectibles.

This may be bending the original rules a bit, but my most expensive purchases were all BPI Gold record awards. I bought each of the seven Smiths BPI awards in the range from $375 ("The Smiths", as presented to Rough Trade Records, price reduced since it was damaged in transit) to $1500 ("The World Won't Listen", as presented to one of the lawn mower parts).

I must've paid $200 for the "My Love Life" jigsaw puzzle, as well.

The most expensive CDs I bought have been the radio shows (all in the $100-$200 range) and that weird two disc publishing set, released in a hardcover booklet. The first disc is Smiths songs and the second is Smiths covers by other artists. I think that ran me $250. Has anyone else seen one of these for sale?

(Years ago, I had acquired multiple copies of the "That's Entertainment" CD for less than $20 and I gave them to a couple of band members who didn't have them. If I'd have held onto them, I'd be a millionaire!)

Last edited:
Honestly, i don't remember (it's also better to forget what you've paid) but i paid up to GBP 100 for promo discs - each, of cause.

The only thing i will always remember was buing a disc from an offer here at Morrissey-Solo. No-one has ever heard of the disc, and the discussion, whether is was a fake or not was hard.

In addition, in those days - 1o years ago, the pre PayPal days - sending money from Europe to the US was either a long, difficult and costy experience or you had to send cash-in-envelope.

The 25 $ asked were the best ever spent - for the That's Entertainment promo!

i dunno how i did it but back in high school i used to pay $29.99 for bootlegs and i had like 40 of them.

digital excitation and thank your lucky stars were the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom