Why wasn't Morrissey nominated for a BRIT?

Maverick

Maverick
Ok, i know he said last week he doesn't want one, but why wasn't he even nominated?

He's one of the most enduring British Male solo artists of all time, and to not even have his name in that category was a joke!

Pretty simple really. He didn't release an album in the qualifying time. He's been nominated before.

Because he doesn't produce shit music

Past Brit winners include The Beatles, McCartney,Prince,Peter Gabriel,Eurythmics,Blur,The Cure,Bjork,Oasis,The Manics,the Verve.

Are you saying their all "shit " too?

Paul Weller won this year.
He's had a career similar to Moz.

There's no reason Morrissey couldn't win a Brit next year, if YoR is mildly successful that is.

I don't pay any attention at all to any of the music/film/TV awards anymore. They don't really mean a whole heck of a lot.

I think its because Morrissey has made it very clear that he wants absolutely nothing to do with any cheesy ridiculous awards of any kind.
These institutions award those who kiss their ass, and who will attend and accept the awards. Leaving MOZZER Out, he'll never dare to show up to accept an award, even if he won one.

Ok, i know he said last week he doesn't want one, but why wasn't he even nominated?

He's one of the most enduring British Male solo artists of all time, and to not even have his name in that category was a joke!

I'm not sure how it works with the Brit awards, as in who nominates and voting (is it down to a public choice?) etc, but in a recent Moz interview, Moz stated that he has never even been offered an award from them. I believe he also stated that he is not interested in awards. Still it's a pity, I would like to see him be nominated and better still, accept one! :guitar:

Because he's anti-establishment and they are the establishment.

I don't think he'd turn up if he did win.

He'd probably do a link and make some sarcastic comment that none of the music plebs would understand.

do we want him rubbing shoulders with Coldplay and Kylie Minge?...I think not.:thumb:

I think its because Morrissey has made it very clear that he wants absolutely nothing to do with any cheesy ridiculous awards of any kind.
These institutions award those who kiss their ass, and who will attend and accept the awards. Leaving MOZZER Out, he'll never dare to show up to accept an award, even if he won one.

You've nailed it there, but it would still be interesting if he was nominated for one and turned it down - the publicity, etc.

I, too, don't know how it works but I recall that Benjamin Zephaniah was 'offered' an OBE (or similar) and turned it down - I wonder if he was approached first. It got a lot of publicity. I agree that the BRIT people don't have the guts to even consider Moz as they know what the response would be - so, as well as having no guts, they at least have the good judgement ni the first place.

Back
Top Bottom