would you like morrissey if he wasnt famous

If he wasn't famous then no I probably wouldn't talk to him if I saw him at bar. I'd see as him as just another guy at the bar. He's older than me so wouldn't approach him.

I didn't jump on anybody! I was just disagreeing with him! What is WRONG with you people?! Telling someone that they're contrary is "jumping on" them?! Really?! Really?!

Okay, you were just disagreeing, but he is 'contrary'. "Really?! Really?!" :mock: :drama:

Why is this still going on, and in General Discussion, where people might want to try a little harder to stay on topic?

Back on topic, I think it's very unlikely that anyone here 'likes' Morrissey now, since no one here probably knows him. Stalking doesn't count.

. Back on topic, I think it's very unlikely that anyone here 'likes' Morrissey now, since no one here probably knows him. Stalking doesn't count.

Hi Dave!

What I posted was based on my knowledge of Morrissey as I've come to know him through interviews and song lyrics over the past 21 years. I've never been one to "stalk" :blushing:. I'm certain we don't know Morrissey - I don't think even his close friends really "know" him. I guess it's just all based on what's in ones mind and how one relates to Morrissey, per se.

Hope you're well! :)

Hi Dave!

What I posted was based on my knowledge of Morrissey as I've come to know him through interviews and song lyrics over the past 21 years. I've never been one to "stalk" :blushing:. I'm certain we don't know Morrissey - I don't think even his close friends really "know" him. I guess it's just all based on what's in ones mind and how one relates to Morrissey, per se.

Hope you're well! :)

Oh Hai! :D

I know. I feel like I know what all the songs mean, too, and I was stunned to start visiting sites like this and find out how many people were wrong. ;) (I'm tired of the fighting about who knows Morrissey better. That's all.)

...but would HE like YOU ?

Famous or not, the poor guy would run a mile. From everyone.

can't think of any reason why I would be talking to a random 50 year old man at the pub. but if I would, don't think I would like him (I believe he's not an easy person to deal with, especially at the first meeting). on the other hand, and I'm sure of that, he wouldn't like me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd think, 'Christ, did this man learn to read in college?'

And then I'd tease him because...well, he's a Manc.

I would like to think I'd like him, Not sure I would approach him down the pub though, having said that, if he was across the bar from me and our eyes met, I would give him a saucy sexy seductive look, and hope I'd get one back in return :lbf:

Yeah he's gorgeous, and I'd definitely 'Do Him'.... 50 or not :horny:

I don't think I'd go and talk to him. Because I never talk to strangers.
But then again, I wouldn't dare to go up and talk to him now either. I'm too shy.
I think I could find him attractive. I like older men (I'm 36). He's not the only older man I find attractive. The geek thing is not a problem, I'm not the woman who lookas at the kind of men other women looks at anyway. Also, I'm a geek myself.
As it is now I spend a lot of time with older people. Even over 60 and up 70. Older people are more calm, more mature and likes the kind of things I like doing. Often I find I have more in common with older people than people in my age. Also, people in my age might have smaller children. Older people often teenagers that don't spend time with their parents, or they have moved out.

They are two people, I've met them both. Sometimes they are in separate rooms of the house and posting at the same time (surely, you've done that with snowy a few times?) What's the big deal, really. We all come here to escape...so what if a couple joins in together. Did anyone give Grim & GU a hard time?

I wasn't giving them a hard time, I was genuinely asking if they were for real or if it was a wind up:lbf:
Many people here have met Grim and GU and I know that me and Snowy are real (and we have never chatted in here when in the same house:o:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
I think if I'd met Morrissey in 1989 in a Pub instead of spinning Viva Hate on my turn table, we would have been great friends, instantly, and our friendship would still be going strong today. That's how it goes when you meet people you've got a lot in common with...

''He say's he wants to befriend me,
Which means he can't possibly know me''.

I admire you optimism and I really do believe you believe your quote above. But think about it - how many 'friends' has Morrissey 'kept' since the days of The Smiths?
His closest friends are those who he met pre Smiths - ironically, those he met before he was famous. What makes you so convinced that you would have the vital ingredient that would make Morrissey have you as an instant best friend that would continue for 20 years? I'm not saying you don't have that vital ingredient, I'm asking what it is that you think you have.
And Morrissey's very close circle of friends do not meet him everyday, even in that friendship, there is a great distance (and I don't mean miles!)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
''He say's he wants to befriend me,
Which means he can't possibly know me''.

I admire you optimism and I really do believe you believe your quote above. But think about it - how many 'friends' has Morrissey 'kept' since the days of The Smiths?
His closest friends are those who he met pre Smiths - ironically, those he met before he was famous. What makes you so convinced that you would have the vital ingredient that would make Morrissey have you as an instant best friend that would continue for 20 years? I'm not saying you don't have that vital ingredient, I'm asking what it is that you think you have.
And Morrissey's very close circle of friends do not meet him everyday, even in that friendship, there is a great distance (and I don't mean miles!)

Jukebox Jury

:eek: Don't listen to him, Hand in Glove! :thumb:

I wouldn't approach him in a bar/pub if he wasn't famous, but only because my shyness always gets the better of me and I usually let other people initiate interaction. But I'd definitely notice him- he has a very striking and handsome face, to say the least :D- and if we ended up talking I think we'd get on reasonably well and I'd probably find him likable and interesting. From what he's said about his personality outside of performance and so on he sounds quite similar to me, but I don't know whether that would be a help or a hindrance in becoming acquainted with him if he was just some random guy.

*shrug* It's all hypothetical anyway, but it's interesting to think about.

I cannot imagine him not being famous unless he was somehow untalented
and if he was that, would he really be Morrissey?
I think not :o

still, thx 4 askin, somebody's got to keep GD alive :thumb:

Okay, you were just disagreeing, but he is 'contrary'. "Really?! Really?!" :mock: :drama:

Why is this still going on, and in General Discussion, where people might want to try a little harder to stay on topic?

Back on topic, I think it's very unlikely that anyone here 'likes' Morrissey now, since no one here probably knows him. Stalking doesn't count.

Dave, if you truly want me to ignore you and not address you, as you say you want, then you really shouldn't jump into the middle of this and attack my wife. I'm supposed to ignore you while you do that? Would you do that if you were in my situation? Apparently not, since you wonder why this argument is still going on, and then you perpetuate it. (Actually, maybe I understand how you feel, because I too want this argument to die, but also feel I must explain why your erroneous attacks on my wife are wrong.)

I wouldn't be posting on here, I'd be standing back and letting this die, were it not for your post. I'll go back to ignoring you if you would please kindly step back and leave the both of us the f alone, just like you've "asked" me to do. Note that I asked you a whole lot more nicely than you "asked" me.

Scarlet stated her opinion. That's called disagreeing. JJ didn't just post his opinion, he said people with opposite opinions "cracks him up" and "If only people could be more honest." Saying that people's opinions are not honest and are comical... That's contrary and a personal attack, it's rude, and no one should be surprised that someone took offense at this needlessly condescending attitude.

So there's no love of drama from Scarlet or me. Dave, you created 19 of your last 25 threads (75%) in the Pigsty. Why is that, Dave? Do you enjoy the drama in the Pigsty, and the freedom to blow your top and toss expletives at people?

Jukebox Jury (the person you've chosen to defend here) is the one who attacked Kewpie for revealing your wherebouts, creating a new thread and multiple posts to do so. But you yelled at me instead, thinking wrongly I was involved. I guess you wanted to yell at JJ, but felt you couldn't for some reason, so instead you told *me* to fsck off. You said it was none of my business for me to defend you, but you seem to be jumping in the middle here defending him.

You think you know some of us here well enough to know that we're stalkers, that we're boring and stupid (juvenile kindergartgen names I've never called you), that we argue over who knows Morrissey best (I'd like to see you show where we do that). But you know us from our posts about as well as we know Morrissey from his interviews. You can't have it both ways. You can't claim to know and dislike us from our posts here, while also claiming it's ridiculous for anyone to make a guess as to whether or not Morrissey has some common interests with us from reading his interviews.

We're not saying we know him intimately (well, except maybe his soulmate CG says that, though you defend her claim to intimate Moz insight for some reason). We're saying we know him well enough to make the same character judgments you feel competent to make of us, with the same amount of information.

Even though you say I'm an idiot :lbf:, I think I did a pretty fair job of explaining our position. Now please, let me know if you plan to leave the two of us alone, or if you choose for the drama to continue between us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom