Your Arsenal disc...typo?

Coiffeur_En_Flame

After retrieving my disc of Your Arsenal from the CD tray today, I noticed something I never had before. On the white section, right hand side of the disc near the bottom, just underneath the tracklisting it says "Trk [sic] 1 taken from the forthcoming album "Your Arsenal." " Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a joke or just a typo? This may well be old news, and I may well just be slow and/or blind, but could someone please clarify?

Also, who's the man with the child in the YA sleeve? It looks a bit like the picture of Morrissey's dad in the Johnny Rogan biography...

Coiff.

Don't know about the 'Trk 1' typo- looks to me lke there wasn't room to fit it all in but there's probably a deeper reason..!

As for Charles Richardson- and I don't like doing the Wikipedia thing- but here's a link that explains who he was- London Gangster of 50's, interesting read-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Richardsons

Âllo Coiffeur,

Seems you're holding one of the UK CD copies of "Your Arsenal" in your hands about which Morrissey complained bitterly in a letter posted on True-To-You dated 7 September 2006:

"....but it [the "Live At Earls Court" misprint] is not as bad as the original UK CD copies of Your Arsenal which have the immortal line "Track 1 taken from the album Your Arsenal" printed on the label!!..." ...It is not unreasonable to assume that all people who work in record companies have eyes that are too large for their sockets. If they don't make mistakes they will die."

I have that HMV pressing as well.:eek:

Thanks for clearing those things up guys. Trust the record companies to cock it up. And there was me hoping it was some ironic joke from the man himself! Surely that's nothing compared with the Earl's Court typos!? They were awful! "Big [space] Mouth Strikes Again," and "Crashing Boars!"

That Wikipedia article was very interesting Dougal. Reinforces Moz's apparent obsession with gang culture.

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom