Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but legacies can get tarnished. And it seems that he is hell bent on doing the tarnishing himself.

No, you weren’t literally chuckling, but some of you more, shall we say, lenient fans are taking all of this very lightly. I get the feeling that the people around him do the same and I think that’s bad. We’re witnessing what could very well be the very ugly and undignified end of a great artist.

I was responding to someone who was saying "you guys who defend him and say he touched your hearts make me cringe, you're mentally ill losers." I'm just offering: maybe we understand him a little better on a personal level, maybe that's why we're more forgiving. Consider the possibility that all these factors contributing to what you see as "a very ugly and undignified end" were the same the same factors that made the art so great in the first place. It's Van Gogh's ear.

no matter what happens we still have hundreds of songs to enjoy,whose to say he wont pull his career back,hes the great pretender.vivamozz.

Yes, but legacies can get tarnished. And it seems that he is hell bent on doing the tarnishing himself.
Maybe, but not by cancelling 1 or 2 shows.

I think he's not doing himself any favours by not doing any press anymore, this is why it was a promising sign he was willing to do this American morning show late last year.

Really, if he can bring himself to be more accessible again for interviews and promotional performances he will be fine and he can have some good years left.

But if he wouldn't and if he would resign he would still have had a massive career and a great legacy.

We’re witnessing what could very well be the very ugly and undignified end of a great artist.

You're arguing with someone who has a picture of Nietzsche as their ident. I think we can take it they don't care about undignified endings for cranky old men.

I'm wondering if poor sales, the death of Melanie, and Trump using his music put him in a rather negative and depressed state...

Bernard Manning went out and did a gig he was booked for on the day his mum died. If you're real Northern professional club act you turn up and do yer job like a proper working man.

I was responding to someone who was saying "you guys who defend him and say he touched your hearts make me cringe, you're mentally ill losers." I'm just offering: maybe we understand him a little better on a personal level, maybe that's why we're more forgiving. Consider the possibility that all these factors contributing to what you see as "a very ugly and undignified end" were the same the same factors that made the art so great in the first place. It's Van Gogh's ear.
Yes, but this doesn’t change the fact that he is tarnishing his career, reputation and legacy by canceling all of these shows, making stupid comments, sharing videos by alt-right yobs etc etc. Those factors we speak of have apparently spiraled out of control.

I’m one of those silly fools who’s heart he has touched and who’s life he made more bearable and this is why I’m concerned.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree with that. His erratic behavior seemed cool and dangerous when he was young, it hits different when someone in their 60's behaves this way. It feels way more serious and I fear that it is a sign he may not be with us much longer. I could see his depression just completely enveloping him when he doesn't have his youth to lean on.
Wow, your last sentence Johnnie, i think its a major factor with his problems.
Depression is horrible at any time but when you are young and full of it you can suppress it to a point, but you can no longer do that in your 50s and 60s because you don't have your youth anymore. You can't romanticise it any more, its laid bare and it's unflattering.

I know there’s a world of difference in terms of the reasons they received negative press in the past, but Morrissey could do a lot worse than look towards Liam Gallagher’s miraculous career rebuild.

Is he still enjoying Paris? Couldn't be bothered to move to the other side of the pond for two absurd gigs that came out of nowhere?

In a few days the Latin American leg will finally be cancelled, right? No point in coming down here. Will finally lose my air tickets and have to call for refunds around the place.

This is a joke.

Just another 21st century narcissist zzzzz

"We understand him a little better on a personal level"? You do not know this person. You know a public persona, and those can be constructed. How many of those "deeply personal" lyrics were actually taken from a Shelagh Delaney play or an Elizabeth Smart book? How many times were we led to believe that he was "too depressed" to take the stage only to be seen later laughing and drinking with Noel Gallagher and Russell Brand?
Remain a fan if you like, of course, no one is saying you can't -- but you do not "know" or "understand" him. To claim that because you've listened to songs he wrote is delusional.

I think you're right, I think any apology would be insincere.
The time I saw him when he walked offstage after just a few songs in Boston, I could not believe the callousness with which he did it. Not a word from him, just turned around and walked off. That is when I realized he doesn't care about anyone who shows up for him. He sent out some roadie, who looked to be about 14 to tell us he was not coming back out. People were kicking the seats, stomping. chanting, calling his name - he would not come back out and say anything. Finally someone else came out with a rescheduled date.
Yes, absolute disregard for fans.

Is age an issue? Is mental health an issue? Then he should go and seek help or rest for a while or even retire if all this is unbearable. To keep this charade going is absolutely revolting.

I didn't have tickets for these absurd dates. But I still have them for all South American gigs, as well as air tickets. Just waiting for the new round of cancellation now.

That’s harsh, isn’t it?

Not entirely. He knows the press get stories from here. He sits day after day posting things they won't be understanding about. Morrissey reads or gets told about the articles denouncing him. His mental state gets worse. His career gets worse.

I was going to delete it though.

Something seemed off about these shows almost from the announcement. No promotion, poor ticket sales. Even the unprecedented 2-for-1 sales couldn't save it. All of this just can't be a good sign for what's going on internally. 😥
Well, let's see what the excuse will be for Latin America. The gigs in Peru and Argentina have been sold out for months. The one in Chile is almost sold out. The one in Colombia was in a small theatre and was sold out. They asked for another date, but moved the gig to a larger venue. I think only the two in Brazil did not have such strong demand.

Not entirely. He knows the press get stories from here. He sits day after day posting things they won't be understanding about. Morrissey reads or gets told about the articles denouncing him. His mental state gets worse. His career gets worse.

I was going to delete it though.
Aubrey controls the media?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom