Brisbane - Fortitude Music Hall (Dec. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of anonymous.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you, anonymous poster.
:)

He said something about “fortitude” (the venue was in Fortitude Valley).

He said he flew Qantas to Brisbane - I don’t think he enjoyed the experience. (I remember years ago when he was touring Australia - 2002? - he said that he’d been flying Qantas so much that he smelled like Qantas.)

He quoted Charlotte Brontë (“The tenacity of life”).

He mentioned Germaine Greer again and how tonight she was behind the bar.

He named a few Queensland towns/cities like Rockhampton and asked people what they thought of them. (He also named Darwin I think - which isn’t in Queensland!)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, he said something about journalists and corridors but people were talking too loudly so I missed what he actually said. He had tried to tell his anecdote earlier but accidentally said “breast” instead of “depressed” and gave up.

He was in a good mood tonight and happy to be there and he was really bellowing some of those notes. Band was very tight. He said that he hoped to return soon - fingers crossed!

There were too many people in that smallish venue and it was very hot. People were just stood there - not much dancing, perhaps because everyone was packed in like sardines. I think it’s the only Australian/NZ concert this tour with general admission. Tonight was a Friday night with lots of Xmas parties going on in town. It had a different vibe from the Melbourne dates which had a number of families in attendance and were on school nights. The crowd was really full on in Melbourne on the first night (maybe because it was actually going ahead!). You can assess the vibe based on the audience reaction to Sinead O’Connor in the pre-show videos: Melbourne 1 was 10/10, Melbourne 2 was 6/10 and Brisbane was 3/10.

I was standing next to the sound booth and I noticed that the sound engineer was really getting into the encore Sweet and Tender Hooligan and halfway through the song he cranked up the volume!

sad_glamour-08122023-0001~2.jpg

casa_jayj-08122023-0001.jpg

(CJ)

einrebell-08122023-0001~2.jpg

Tonight was good but melb night 1 topped it without a doubt. Crowd was a bit of a bummer, maybe that’s Brisbane for us… maybe it’s the heat… maybe both

ONLY AUDIO ! full show

I love Australia and Australians.

Never been to the country, but all Australians I've met are really nice people.
If I could afford business class airfare to Australia I'd be there this (US) winter.

isnt it strange that when a show goes ahead its like a morgue on here and when a show is cancelled there would be over a hundred comments by now,is it really so strange,well yes it is.
Not really. What is there to talk about if the show goes ahead successfully, and there is no particular drama that night? I'm glad for those locals who got to see him, but the setlist is so static at this point, that it's been basically the same show on repeat for several months.

isnt it strange that when a show goes ahead its like a morgue on here and when a show is cancelled there would be over a hundred comments by now,is it really so strange,well yes it is.

They dislike Morrissey, so it gives them their reason to give him a kick, they feed off negativity these individuals. But are nowhere to be seen when it’s positive news, they simply don’t know how to deal with that.

I keep refreshing youtube in searching for footage from the gig, and an advert for a suicide crisis line comes up every time I refresh. I clicked on a link to ask why I was seeing that, and google said that it’s because of the subject matter I’m searching for. So, if you’re a Morrissey fan, you’re considered depressed and suicidal I guess.

See, I told you - it's the subject matter (Moz sin camisa)!!!

I thought you might ;), but it ain't flattering. The day has to come soon, for me, when he remains covered up. I don't want to see a 70 year old Moz, resting on his zimmer frame, chucking his xxxl shirt into a sparse crowd. I just dont!
I will still want to see it when he’s 70+.

I will still want to see it when he’s 70+.
I think it’s great that he still does it and doesn’t care! Maybe we should all just wear what we like and fling our shirts off if we like without people body shaming. It’s bad for women, don’t start on men as well!

I think it’s great that he still does it and doesn’t care! Maybe we should all just wear what we like and fling our shirts off if we like without people body shaming. It’s bad for women, don’t start on men as well!
I agree. For one, he is in very good shape for someone his age. It's also consistent with his entire persona - he wants people to take him for who he is. There is no shame in getting old and being yourself. I think it's refreshing that he hasn't had any plastic surgery, doesn't wear a wig, or dye his hair like other so-called rock stars. Viva Morrissey!

I agree. For one, he is in very good shape for someone his age. It's also consistent with his entire persona - he wants people to take him for who he is. There is no shame in getting old and being yourself. I think it's refreshing that he hasn't had any plastic surgery, doesn't wear a wig, or dye his hair like other so-called rock stars. Viva Morrissey!

Agree. But there is a contradiction, he takes his shirt off as part of the show, doesn’t dye his hair, but he has not yet used recent pictures of himself for publicity. So we can’t, as fans, be too sure how Morrissey really feels about his appearance.

Agree. But there is a contradiction, he takes his shirt off as part of the show, doesn’t dye his hair, but he has not yet used recent pictures of himself for publicity. So we can’t, as fans, be too sure how Morrissey really feels about his appearance.
I can't remember the exact words, but didn't he mention it when he was "interviewed" by his nephew?.

Back
Top Bottom