Morrissey Central "CANCEL CULTURE BEGINS AT HOME" (January 11, 2024)

full

"There is also an obvious media shift to delete me from being the central essence of The Smiths, but this cannot work because I invented the group name, the song-titles, the album titles, the artwork, the vocal melodies, and all of the lyrical sentiments came from my heart … and so it's a bit like saying Mick Jagger had nothing to do with the Stones. Several news sites now claim that the initial meeting at Rough Trade Records was with "Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke," even though Andy wasn't even a committed band member at that point. The meeting, of course, was Morrissey and Marr. Even Geoff Travis has now suddenly decided that he "can't remember who was with Johnny," even though Geoff looked me squarely in the eye on that very day and said "we'd like to release Hand In Glove immediately," and he then more importantly said to me that his name was Geoff with a G, not Jeff with a J. The hounds are snapping!

Hand in glove, I stake my claim! I'll fight to the last breath! "

-Morrissey, in conversation, 2023.

full

Morrissey in Tokyo, 2023, by Ryan Lowry.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a realist, and I'm perfectly aware that his setlists aren't varied. You shouldn't go expecting to hear certain songs because it's based on how he feels. That said, I still go to as many gigs as I can.
He has pretty much said this in an interview. He does what songs he wants to. Plus, on the same topic, the man once sang a song and said simply, "I don't owe you anything," you guys do remember who you're talking about, right? 😂 Yes, Morrissey, that's righhht. He is a man of his ways and I'm completely fine and dandy with that. I admire him.

Some very good comments from someone to whom The Smiths meant a great deal and who is not afraid to point out that Morrissey is increasingly destroying his own reputation. In German.
I always thought he never really had a good reputation anyway. From what I've seen/read/heard, at least. He's always been "disagreeable" which I understand in my own way, I have many similar views to him before I even knew who he was or that he existed.

I just wish him the best and hope he keeps on making lovely music for us.. us who do not deserve him.

Side note: Why do I read so much hate/criticism about him on this forum? Isn't this a fan page? I must be in the wrong threads, but I barely see anyone say anything nice about him. 🥴

I always thought he never really had a good reputation anyway. From what I've seen/read/heard, at least. He's always been "disagreeable" which I understand in my own way, I have many similar views to him before I even knew who he was or that he existed.

I just wish him the best and hope he keeps on making lovely music for us.. us who do not deserve him.

Side note: Why do I read so much hate/criticism about him on this forum? Isn't this a fan page? I must be in the wrong threads, but I barely see anyone say anything nice about him. 🥴
He's an old artist with an old fanbase(and younger fans of course), over the years he's meant the world to a lot of people and upset them or let them down, and a lot of people don't care what he says or does and will support him whatever happens, it makes the forum interesting.

He's an old artist with an old fanbase(and younger fans of course), over the years he's meant the world to a lot of people and upset them or let them down, and a lot of people don't care what he says or does and will support him whatever happens, it makes the forum interesting.
It definitely does make it interesting.

Fans have the right to criticize as well. He cancelled so many gigs last year, some on the day without any real explanation, that pisses people off. We are lucky that the site owner keeps the site running seeing as Morrissey has banned the owner of this site from any of his gigs and had his band wear f*** Morrissey Solo t shirts on stage.

Last edited:
Morrissey has banned the owner of this site from any of his gigs and had his band wear f*** Morrissey Solo t shirts on stage.
Seriously?? 😂 Too funny. Also, pics or it didn't happen.

Fans have the right to criticize as well. He's cancelled so many gigs last year, some on the day without any real explanation, that pisses people off.
Very true! We all have a right to opinions and feelings as a result of things with in or out of our individual power. I get it, to an extent. I was just curious. I suppose I just joined this forum when the tensions are high.

Very true! We all have a right to opinions and feelings as a result of things with in or out of our individual power. I get it, to an extent. I was just curious. I suppose I just joined this forum when the tensions are high.
f***morrisseysolo.com.jpg

He's not destroying his reputation on his own - there's a little group of fans with terrible opinions constantly tagging hacks into their tweets about 'some controversial issue' - making anything Morrissey has said sound far worse - & making things up that he's never said at all.

There's also a little group of fans who are 'shocked' & 'horrified' by views they claim he has - who, in fact, turn out to have those views.

They just want to keep the hype going.

I'm sure the pics will follow, but this is an interesting read. Its pre 2017, so the Guardian haven't completely lost it with him. And yet despite being 12+ years ago, all that's missing is a bit about 'For Britain' and it could have been written last year.

Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?

Very true! We all have a right to opinions and feelings as a result of things with in or out of our individual power. I get it, to an extent. I was just curious.

I suppose I just joined this forum when the tensions are high.

tensions are always high here. But you seem strong enough to handle any solo storm.

He's not destroying his reputation on his own - there's a little group of fans with terrible opinions constantly tagging hacks into their tweets about 'some controversial issue' - making anything Morrissey has said sound far worse - & making things up that he's never said at all.

There's also a little group of fans who are 'shocked' & 'horrified' by views they claim he has - who, in fact, turn out to have those views.

They just want to keep the hype going.
Bitch, don't forget the homophobic journalists and The Evil Tour Manager!

I'm sure the pics will follow, but this is an interesting read. Its pre 2017, so the Guardian haven't completely lost it with him. And yet despite being 12+ years ago, all that's missing is a bit about 'For Britain' and it could have been written last year.

Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?
Eh I don't believe the news (especially the Fartydian) when it comes to Morrissey. (I don't believe much much of the news for that matter, I'm a big skeptic. I don't believe a lot period.) But what a rivveting read!
IMG_20231205_170208.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom