Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall (July 25, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / Irish Blood, English Heart / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Without Music The World Dies / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Red_Snow

Last edited:
I've seen Morrissey plenty of times but I haven't seen him play for quite a while now, for a number of reasons. But I've always bought his albums and enjoyed them.
Tonight's gig was fantastic. He and the band sounded great. The set list was what I'd guess one would expect of an artist of his career length - plenty of hits (even from his old band) as well as new tracks and, what the young people call, deep cuts from his extensive back catalogue.
To my ears, all the new songs were very good and I'd love to get my hands on both unreleased albums, and soon.
I'm so pleased I went. I was in tears for most of it cos I'm such a soppy git these days. But it was so amazing to have him play in my new hometown, the venue where I met my wife, the venue where my kids do their dance school's end of year shows. Amazing.

Now my heart is full.

I'm here. Folkestone's never seen anything like it etc. Just had Je t'aime on the screen, and now some lads singing and dancing on an estate.

He has to play EDILS and dedicate it to tonight's venue's location....
Cecil - Hostage In A Frock

This tour has been the biggest letdown ever. The venues get smaller and smaller.

Next year I’ll hire him to play at my birthday party.

Abbatts:
abbatts-20230725-0001.jpg

S.Jade:
sophhh.jade-20230725-0001.jpg

Just got back to my B&B in Folkestone. This concert hall was quite unusual, just besides the sea and under the cliff. Someone told me that the place could also be rented for wedding parties. The stage was rather small and the backdrops were behind the drummer. But I loved it all the same.

I really enjoyed the gig. I might as well because God knows how much more touring he will do or how many gigs I will be able to attend In the next years. I was happy to hear the songs that have meant so much to me over all the years.

The flow of songs tonight was really good. The 8 first songs were a blast, and even the middle section was reasonably good this time. Not saying these are my favorite songs, but at least they kept the energy level up. Also very happy with the return of Without Music, Speedway and BoT (very strong performance with big applause in the middle and at the end.

The band seems to converge towards a heavier rock sound (Jesse’s influence presumably) and lots of energy. I am mixed about it because I like Alain’s softer touches. But it bothers me less when I am part of the crowd than when I am listening at home. That’s the power of live music and you just need to be a part of it. Carmen has a cool stage presence and she received a warm applause. I personally like Brendan & Juan a lot.

Saw Morrissey leave in his limousine with his guarding angels. Other people took pictures so surely something will surface on the internet.

Goodnight.

Great venue- reminded me so much of Great Yarmouth pier a few years ago, a real seaside feel

Attachments

• 1508EDA0-326D-428B-8CCC-1618C75CF94C.jpeg
    1508EDA0-326D-428B-8CCC-1618C75CF94C.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
5D942554-72B2-4C37-BE72-6BF940D38D16.jpeg

Great end to the tour. Morrissey introduced the band and thanked the crew for feeding them. He was chatty and looked like he enjoyed himself. Thought the crowd were a bit subdued compared to the other gigs I’ve attended on this tour, although it might just have been the drunk woman next to me affecting my enjoyment. There were a few family outings tonight with bemused looking kids. Lovely venue with Camden Pale Ale on tap. Great to see Morrissey in such good form on this tour and was nice to meet the Half Man Half Biscuit fan from Dover in the queue.

This tour has been the biggest letdown ever. The venues get smaller and smaller.

Next year I’ll hire him to play at my birthday party.
Good luck with that. I have it on good authority that he's already pencilled in for a six-month residency at Lewisham Lanes Bowling Alley.

Just got back to my B&B in Folkestone. This concert hall was quite unusual, just besides the sea and under the cliff. Someone told me that the place could also be rented for wedding parties. The stage was rather small and the backdrops were behind the drummer. But I loved it all the same.

I really enjoyed the gig. I might as well because God knows how much more touring he will do or how many gigs I will be able to attend In the next years. I was happy to hear the songs that have meant so much to me over all the years.

The flow of songs tonight was really good. The 8 first songs were a blast, and even the middle section was reasonably good this time. Not saying these are my favorite songs, but at least they kept the energy level up. Also very happy with the return of Without Music, Speedway and BoT (very strong performance with big applause in the middle and at the end.

The band seems to converge towards a heavier rock sound (Jesse’s influence presumably) and lots of energy. I am mixed about it because I like Alain’s softer touches. But it bothers me less when I am part of the crowd than when I am listening at home. That’s the power of live music and you just need to be a part of it. Carmen has a cool stage presence and she received a warm applause. I personally like Brendan & Juan a lot.

Saw Morrissey leave in his limousine with his guarding angels. Other people took pictures so surely something will surface on the internet.

Goodnight.
Lovely post 😁

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / Irish Blood, English Heart / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Without Music The World Dies / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Red_Snow

The setlist is a crashing bore...who's asking for Alma Matters back? Why not play something like More you ignore me..just something different already!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom