How is everyone dealig with their anxiety?

I thought I was gonna self-combust when I read the TTY entry but after some rational thinking and reading some sensible posts on here I'm perfectly okay.

Well for one, I had to run out and get stoned soons I heard about it, then I started to think, "How many nights?" "Should I sell shit to go ALL 10 NITES?" "Start looking for a small device to sneak in and bootleg the gigs Im going to with", "What am I gonna wear?" "Should I write Moz a letter, again?";) "Is my wife really going to allow me to go to all 10gigs?" "Whats Moz gonna wear?" etc etc, Im trying to get some friends of mine that are borderline Smiths/Moz fans to go with me atleast for one night. Im telling everyone I know about this 10 night stint Moz is doing and the venue...... Is it Oct 1st already?

a cold sweat just hit me, "How much are the tickets....and how much is it going to be for the 10 nighter???!!!!!:confused:

Underdog,

It's all part of the formula. She(Morrissey) ENJOYS keeping the fanbase on the brink & on the edge. The tension helps her forget the fact she isn't aging gracefully. Still, I plan to attend all 5 NY shows.

Fortbethel STRIKES AGAIN! :)

No anxiety. Will see Mozzer at the Orpheum in Boston and I am confident that he will return and that a new album is in the works :D

heheh, that's great. yeah, i'm sure i'll invent an illness by then. i may only miss a class or two, so it shouldn't be a big deal. let's face it: morrissey is somewhat more important than a 90-minute philosophy lecture.

I can't be the first to say this, but... sweetie, a Morrissey show IS is a 90-minute philosophy lecture! This man is going to be broadly regarded as a genius eventually... part of the canon of 20th-21st century cultural studies. Go see him. It will impress your children and your children's children for generations to come. And it will be a hell of a lot of fun in the meantime.

Even though I realised that the tty announcement was just some PR drama, I've still be excited since last night. I just have generalized anxiety about my life in general. I go for a swim or a walk.

If I can't sleep, I start visualizing the perfect day, the perfect Moz concert, how it would go, etc. Oh, but that probably would make some people here anxious.

Well, one way to deal with it is to use your nervous energy to clean up those annoying little clutters around the house. Or do one of those little jobs you dislike doing. You know you have to anyway. All my cleaning suggestions make me wonder, Is Moz anxiety like being a meth abuser? :p

I can't bet money here, but since I but Fortbeth on my ignore list, I can't read her post. I bet 30:1 it's more bitching about Moz. ;)

I can't be the first to say this, but... sweetie, a Morrissey show IS is a 90-minute philosophy lecture! This man is going to be broadly regarded as a genius eventually... part of the canon of 20th-21st century cultural studies. Go see him. It will impress your children and your children's children for generations to come. And it will be a hell of a lot of fun in the meantime.

oh, trust me, i don't disagree, and i'm well aware! i think that was sort of my point, in fact. ;)

OK, I'm sold :D You clearly know of which you speak. Wise, indeed.

BTW, guys- PFTLT is doing most of the stressing for me. Ticket-wise. I'm trying to be patient -but the pit will be in my stomach until I hear I have the golden ticket.... I've got a golden ticket! I've got a golden ticket! Thank you for the gazillionth time, girl. Patience is often bitter, but it's fruit is sweet!!!

OK, I'm sold :D You clearly know of which you speak. Wise, indeed.

that was wise, wasn't it? i have to admit that i'm not used to being around people who validate my morrissey obsession so beautifully (i'm new around here). it's quite nice!

Relax people....

Wait until you actally have ticket receipts in your hands...

From some of the posts I'm reading here...

You would think you could shove a lump of coal up your asses...

And....Presto...A Diamond!

You are not the first. Even Morrissey began his 2002 show at the Berkeley Greek Theatre by greeting the audience with something like, "Welcome to my 90 minute lecture!" I especially appreciated it because I graduated from Cal at the same venue on May 22, 1992. His 90 minute lecture beat anything I've heard during all my years at the university with the greatest number of Nobel prize winners. I remember the most exciting part of the commencement ceremony was the fact that I was standing where Mozzer stood in 1991.

You are not the first. Even Morrissey began his 2002 show at the Berkeley Greek Theatre by greeting the audience with something like, "Welcome to my 90 minute lecture!" I especially appreciated it because I graduated from Cal at the same venue on May 22, 1992. His 90 minute lecture beat anything I've heard during all my years at the university with the greatest number of Nobel prize winners. I remember the most exciting part of the commencement ceremony was the fact that I was standing where Mozzer stood in 1991.

My sister received her HS diploma on the same stage on which I saw my very first Morrissey show, which was on my 18th birthday.

I cried throughout the ceremony; first, out of jealousy of her and her location "on the ground he walked on", then, because I was remembering it was such a beautiful show, and later because of the "if I knew then..." element. That first show was the beginning of the touring obsession for me.

Oh, yeah, and I cried because I was proud of her, too.

Needless to say, many shows later, I still treasure each show as a distinct and wonderful memory. And I take solace, and not anxiety, in the fact that we have more shows, and more memories, to come.

Be happy, people! :)

Even though I realised that the tty announcement was just some PR drama, I've still be excited since last night. I just have generalized anxiety about my life in general. I go for a swim or a walk.

If I can't sleep, I start visualizing the perfect day, the perfect Moz concert, how it would go, etc. Oh, but that probably would make some people here anxious.

Well, one way to deal with it is to use your nervous energy to clean up those annoying little clutters around the house. Or do one of those little jobs you dislike doing. You know you have to anyway. All my cleaning suggestions make me wonder, Is Moz anxiety like being a meth abuser? :p

haha sounds like me.

im just so overly excited that if i even just imagine seeing moz right now ill feel like ill...explode or something. like usually, i wont even feel thats its real or true until im there, the night of the show. ah and how amazing to be able to go to all 10 nights! man that sounds exhausting though...

I know I'm not the only one, obsessively checking for ticket updates, and nearly comming to tears thinking of morrissey calling it quits...how is everyone else making out?

No anxiety whatsoever...
1 - I honestly doubt this is the last you will see of him
2 - As far as tickets... if you want to go... you pay the price. If you cannot get them on ticketmaster or live nation... then there is always Stubhub or ebay.

People complain about the secondary market... but those are the people that forget that SOMEONE is paying those prices or they would not charge them.

I just paid $260 on eBay for two tickets to a Yankees game. The original combined retail of those tickets were $110. My dad wanted to see the Yankees V Red Sox one more time before they leave Yankee Stadium. Its hard for my dad to walk to the upper deck so I bought main box.

Point: You pay what you think is fair. Some people told me that they would never pay that price to see the Yankees Red Sox. Under the circumstances... (Going with Dad) I would..... There is always someone out there willing to pay that price.

a cold sweat just hit me, "How much are the tickets....and how much is it going to be for the 10 nighter???!!!!!:confused:

See now this I honestly do not understand... Why would you see all ten nights full well knowing that the setlist is not going to change.

I have said it before... when you are spending many days in the same venue... change it up a bit... he does not...

And... that is sad considering that he knows that there is a group of faithful that will see him at each show.

only thing thats really got me unnerved is my ability to actually get the NYC 5-day pass. I can afford it no problem(in fact, I already sat $200 aside for this purpose!), but I dont have a credit card, so I need to wait and see how theyre gonna be made available, and try to figure something out.

my tattooed fingers are crossed...

My main anxiety is, like Darth Vegan's, more about timing/availability. I am going to try to do the NYC residency (I have enough peeps in NYC that I think I can couch-surf that week, and the bus from Boston is only $40), and prolly splash out big bucks for a front row ticket here at home. . .

So, that period of time between now and when I have all my tickets squared away is going to be angst-ridden. Then there are more practical matters like arranging for someone to watch my kids while I'm away, travel/lodging/food/MONEY, figuring out which door of the Orpheum he is likely to use at sound check (oh, yes. . .).

On the bright side, the week between scoring (my first) front row ticket for the most recent show in Boston, and the actual show, was so full of excitement I was unable to eat and lost 8 lbs. in 6 days. . .so maybe by the time of the NYC gigs, I will be supermodel skinny. ;)

--jeniphir

:eek: I had 3 dreams last night that I was at a Moz concert....in the pit......:eek: wow....who would think I was anxious (and extremely excited!!)??? :D :D

Back
Top Bottom