How is everyone dealig with their anxiety?

no, but if you think of anything, feel free to let us know, as my current solution to the money problem is to live without furniture in my new apartment for a month or two...wow, that actually sounds sort of insane.

a bit. a have a few guitars i could sell. why would i need a guitar anyway? it's better to leave the music to moz.

furniture may work.

cooking appliances?

The thing I'm worried the most is when I'm going to take one for the team and record the Palladium shows from the balcony :confused:

no, but if you think of anything, feel free to let us know, as my current solution to the money problem is to live without furniture in my new apartment for a month or two...wow, that actually sounds sort of insane.

milkcrates, cardboard boxes, and plastic totes are all you need anyway. I'm not even joking!

In all seriousness, I have to say this, even if I get reamed for it, but those of you who are choosing not to pay your rent, buy furniture you need, buy food, clothes, etc and raking up a huge credit card bill to go to these shows really need to rexamine some things. I am a HUGE Moz fan as well but going without major neccessities to see the man 10 times in a row is going extremely overboard. It's seriously scary. I'm not picking on anyone in particular I swear but I have seen many posts in the last few days saying people are willing to go without the things I mentioned. I admit I can be obsessive but there comes a point where you just have to stop yourself and go, "Wait, what am I doing this for?" He is just a man after all. We may love him but when it comes down to it, he is a human being like you and me. By all means, go to a concert (I am flying to see one) but please don't throw yourself into major debt to do it. I honestly don't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I come off that way but obsession is a scary thing sometimes and can get you into trouble

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I have to say this, even if I get reamed for it, but those of you who are choosing not to pay your rent, buy furniture you need, buy food, clothes, etc and raking up a huge credit card bill to go to these shows really need to rexamine some things. I am a HUGE Moz fan as well but going without major neccessities to see the man 10 times in a row is going extremely overboard. It's seriously scary. I'm not picking on anyone in particular I swear but I have seen many posts in the last few days saying people are willing to go without the things I mentioned. I admit I can be obsessive but there comes a point where you just have to stop yourself and go, "Wait, what am I doing this for?" He is just a man after all. We may love him but when it comes down to it, he is a human being like you and me. By all means, go to a concert (I am flying to see one) but please don't throw yourself into major debt to do it. I honestly don't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I come off that way but obsession is a scary thing sometimes and can get you into trouble

Exactly

i think you're right, and at least in my case, i can say that despite the things i've said in this thread, i'm by no means putting myself into debt to go to the shows. there is a certain amount of exaggeration that goes on. the point is that i don't have heaps of money stacked around my flat and that it is a bit of a financial inconvenience to be able to see the man five times, but it won't kill me to do so. anyway, your post was a smart one and i suppose i can only speak for myself but i didn't find it offensive; you raise a good point.

oh darling, do try not to worry too much, we'll write him a letter when you get home

i'll try, but you know how difficult it is.

can we knit him a nice hat, too?

i think you're right, and at least in my case, i can say that despite the things i've said in this thread, i'm by no means putting myself into debt to go to the shows. there is a certain amount of exaggeration that goes on. the point is that i don't have heaps of money stacked around my flat and that it is a bit of a financial inconvenience to be able to see the man five times, but it won't kill me to do so. anyway, your post was a smart one and i suppose i can only speak for myself but i didn't find it offensive; you raise a good point.

Thank you, I really appreciate you saying that. :) I know there is some exaggeration when people say they are sacrificing certain things but I know that some people mean what they say and will do without almost anything to see Moz. God knows I've been tempted in the past to go without certain things for concerts but there comes a point when rational thought has to kick in.

When I first read the note on TTY, I didn't think much of it. Moz has said things like this many times. "We may never meet again because I fear we might all be blown up" from the Santiago 2004 boot comes to mind. He also talks about his own death being imminent in ROTT--"now, in the final hour of my life" in Life is a Pigsty; "for soon I will be dead" in I just want to see the boy happy. But after reading about other's thoughts and anxieties, I'm starting to worry myself! I'm not particularly knowledgable on the subject, but from what I can remember, this tour has been his longest ever. (I'm including all the shows since around the time ROTT was released.) Could that mean something, I am starting to wonder. In addition, isn't it unlike him to reschedule shows? Again, I've only been a serious fan since '94 or so and my memory sucks, but I don't remember him going to this kind of trouble to reschedule shows before. All this seems kinda ominous.

jeanesmith

I still stand by my earlier statement but I admit I am going nuts right now! I found out my venue is only for 1000 people and it is seated so I don't have to stand in line for GA (which is good since I am flying to another state) I only have to fork up about $100 since this a b-day present from my mom but that is totally doable.

Oh, that's right. I remember now from the other thread. I wish I could make that one- I have friends in town I could stay with, and even the offer of a car to borrow. It would only cost me a plane ticket.

But it's a midweek show, and ducking out of my responsibilities here too much is not good... looks like I'll just have my three Midwest shows, and the three in NY if I can manage it. And maybe Atlanta, that's a Sunday night and there are cheap flights. And that's a lot of shows.

Great point, thats exactly why Im only going to five gigs and not all ten. I sat infront of my computer with my credit card in hand, ready to hit "accept" on the purchase, then I hear a little voice in my head, "he lives in your same zipcode, he's just like you (sort of, we're both human lol) you've ran into him at gigs, grocery stores around town......" I could go on forever.... but, yeah....great post. KUDOS.

Great point, thats exactly why Im only going to five gigs and not all ten. I sat infront of my computer with my credit card in hand, ready to hit "accept" on the purchase, then I hear a little voice in my head, "he lives in your same zipcode, he's just like you (sort of, we're both human lol) you've ran into him at gigs, grocery stores around town......" I could go on forever.... but, yeah....great post. KUDOS.

Thanks! I just couldn't sit by and read about how people were sacrificing so much for these concerts. I don't think your landlord will be ok with not paying your rent for a month, especially if it's because your going to a concert. As it is, I lied about taking two days off for my concert in Salt Lake and said I was going for a family thing. It's not a big deal that I am taking these days off but I didn't want to say, "Oh, I will be missing work for a ROCK CONCERT". I think you were really wise in not going to all 10 shows if you can't afford it. So kudos to your post as well. :)

After reading all of these posts... I am going to laugh myself silly if people buy all five shows in NYC and all ten shows in CA and go to find every show is same exact setlist.

And no... one change per night or rearranging the order do not make different shows...

There are bands that play completely different setlists when staying multiple nights in the same city.

The Cure had done it and the Dave Matthews Band does it on a regular basis where if they are staying three or four days in the same city... ALL four nights are completely different.

Lets see if Morrissey kicks it up a notch.

Back
Top Bottom