Mensi of the Angelic Upstarts has passed away

Sad news, expect a central eulogy soon

Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Mensi was more serious about politics than a shit-stirring creep like you.

Morrissey did not ask his fans to vote for the far right.

He did not believe they were far right.

He asked people to think about it.

And he has moved on.

It's not unforgivable.

You are promoting the far right here & now like a f***ing groyper. Which is despicable.

He said he was voting for them though.

That's not telling his fans to vote & he didn't vote for them.
Of course - he didn't sport a For Britain pinbadge either.....

Incidentally I saw Anne-Marie being interviewed on a programme on Channel 4 called Empire of the Mind, well worth a watch (it's on All4).
She came across as vile. Morrissey was vocal in his respect for her (live on the BBC no less) and her party.

It's an absolute mystery why no one buys his product any more with people like Nerak banging the cognitive dissonance drum, isn't it? An absolute mystery.

Nerak. Insult me all you want.I couldn’t give a toss. However, don’t insult people’s intelligence by suggesting that Morrissey didn’t try and use his fame to promote the far right party that is For Britain. He did, and not just once.

I don’t care where Morrissey placed For Britain on the political spectrum either. He was so moved to support them he changed his “don‘t vote” mantra to one of asking his fans to consider the rancid For Britain.

He had already shown his lack of political knowledge by suggesting that the Nazi’s were once “left wing”. Which is bollocks that is slung around on YouTube by imbeciles with a far right platform.

It was all about animal welfare. The rest is to be completely ignored. So please!
We've been here so, so many times before. If it was about animal welfare, he could have offered his support to the Greens, or Lib Dems, but for some reason he chose the party that doesn't like brown people. Wonder why?

Of course - he didn't sport a For Britain pinbadge either.....

Incidentally I saw Anne-Marie being interviewed on a programme on Channel 4 called Empire of the Mind, well worth a watch (it's on All4).
She came across as vile. Morrissey was vocal in his respect for her (live on the BBC no less) and her party.

He hasn't mentioned her since he wore the badge in May 2019.

It was all about animal welfare. The rest is to be completely ignored. So please!
Bollocks. They just used that to attack Muslins through halal butchery.

You clearly choose to ignore. As Nerak does with fingers in ears. Wake up. Morrissey has some pretty dodgy views, and when he spouts them, his fans should have enough self respect to open their ears, eyes, and mouths.

We've been here so, so many times before. If it was about animal welfare, he could have offered his support to the Greens, or Lib Dems, but for some reason he chose the party that doesn't like brown people. Wonder why?

When he supported the animal welfare party his ticket was entirely about banning abattoirs.

She was pushing feminism, animal rights & press reform in her social media.

It's an absolute mystery why no one buys his product any more with people like Nerak banging the cognitive dissonance drum, isn't it? An absolute mystery.

I don't have any cognitive dissonance - I started looking into it because I was interested in what pathway he'd gone down.

You have an obsessive hatred.

You clearly choose to ignore. As Nerak does with fingers in ears. Wake up. Morrissey has some pretty dodgy views, and when he spouts them, his fans should have enough self respect to open their ears, eyes, and mouths.

Ffs.

Phranc's being sarcastic.

Morrissey doesn't have dodgy views - he needs a fact checker - but at least he's concerned about animals & injustice.

If you had self-respect you wouldn't be doing this with your life.

I thought you could read the irony
and/or sarcsam. It's pathetic how his verbal gaffes and symbolism are washed clean by some here. However, they would do a better job for him than himself or his nephew. You have to be that fair.

and sarcsam. It's pathetic how his verbal gaffes and symbolism are washed clean by some here. However, they would do a better job for him than himself or his nephew. You have to be that fair.

What does anyone gain out of demonising Morrissey?

It's pathetic that society can't cope with someone being slightly strange & has to have a demented moral panic about it.

Just for balance, people appear quick to conflate notions of the radical far right (terms like NAZI) with parties right of center.
Any party, regardless of position, that gets scrutinised (ie decide if they're too 'radical') and approved by the Electoral Commission in the UK is considered a "legitimate" party and can be voted for - even if you hate what you think they stand for.
The fact that AMW got 0.26% of votes in her own constituency shows democracy is pretty much working - regardless of who lends them 'support' :)
How people wish to relate this fact to Morrissey - well, fill your boots.
Regards,
FWD.

and/or sarcsam. It's pathetic how his verbal gaffes and symbolism are washed clean by some here. However, they would do a better job for him than himself or his nephew. You have to be that fair.
Fair enough. Sorry, my irony filter has to switched off sometimes when on this website. I speak as someone who made excuses for him in the past, until that House of Cards came tumbling down.

It's pathetic that society can't cope with someone being slightly strange & has to have a demented moral panic about it.
Just as you accuse @Uncleskinny here of pure hatred, I can insinuate that you gloss over everything, really everything, and do so with almost obscene diligence. Why is he standing where he is? Because he himself is too stupid to check the facts in his great spare time and also needs a lackey for this?

I loved his for decades for being strange. That doesn’t mean that I have to sit on my hands when I hear him spouting support for racists. Which he did.

Just for balance, people appear quick to conflate notions of the radical far right (terms like NAZI) with parties right of center.
Any party, regardless of position, that gets scrutinised (ie decide if they're too 'radical') and approved by the Electoral Commission in the UK is considered a "legitimate" party and can be voted for - even if you hate what you think they stand for.
The fact that AMW got 0.26% of votes in her own constituency shows democracy is pretty much working - regardless of who lends them 'support' :)
How people wish to relate this fact to Morrissey - well, fill your boots.
Regards,
FWD.
Indeed, and just as the voting public are free to put their x in whatever box they like, the buying public are free to spend their money on whatever they like. And right now they ain't spending it on Morrissey. Who said all those things about supporting Waters and Farage? Was it someone else? Who is to blame for his pitiful public standing now but himself? It's almost as if the public don't want to give their money to someone who has professed the views he has. And that, ultimately, is where the buck stops. As I've said all along - this is all about the money, and it always has been. The phrase is not 'money is the root of all evil', or slight paraphrase, but 'the love of money is the root of all evil'. He has surrounded himself with yes men, and if you want to work with him then NDAs are the order of the day. With his wealth comes isolation, and no one to tell him he's messed up. Well, he's finding out the hard cash way that this route is his own downfall, and his own making.

Back
Top Bottom