Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

just come up as top breaking news on sky vista gadget with a photo, "Singer morrissey in hospital after"...

Thank god we know he's "stable" and i didn't see that first, i would have had a coronary. Get well soon my love.

The breathing difficulties made me go hmmm... I've called in sick this week for general malaise, body aches, headaches, cough, and GI upsets. I might've had a mild flu, possibly H1N1, though I got the flu shot three weeks ago. Could've been H1N1 as I may have been exposed to cases of it at work despite precautions including negative airflow rooms. So flu has been on my mind.

Of course, it's all speculation and I'm wary that people are too quick to seize upon whatever the media has been hyping (and trying to keep us constantly scared so we'll eventually accept erosion of our rights), but H1N1 or just good ole non-H1N1 flu came to mind with the report of Morrissey's breathing difficulties. Whatever, I wish him speedy recovery and blissful rest.

I must say, though, I faint in the exact same way as Moz did tonight. I usually go to my knees, grabbing something for support, before I black out. I'm telling myself it's just a faint.

Yes I guess there are different ways of fainting. I was thinking of an occasion at work when a girl literally went sideways and didn't stop till she hit the floor. Tonight was defintely more of a staggered (that's the word I couldn't think of before) descent to the ground, I thought at first he had tripped on a lead or was even doing some sort of strange "move".

Wasn't trying to moan, just trying to help you present a professional report. Were you also called out on "paramedic" spelling? Sorry, was an ex-copy editor in another life.

Just looked at the YOR vinyl credits and can confirm that Charlie's surname IS Browne.

Thank you for the off-the-record report of his well-being! :guitar: :thumb:

O no, it wasn't you, just some pedant. Thanks for the info, I'll update again!

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage

Morrissey get well soon, you are my hero and I love you to bits, sending you the bestest of wishes and hope you recover from this. XxxxX

Charlie Browne, tour manager and the baby on YOR sleeve Sebastian's father.

*punches the sky*
Yay, I beat mcbratson!!

At a time like this I can't believe you of all the freaks on this site would get excited about beating my friend to a post. Pathetic and sad.

The breathing difficulties made me go hmmm... I've called in sick this week for general malaise, body aches, headaches, cough, and GI upsets. I might've had a mild flu, possibly H1N1, though I got the flu shot three weeks ago. Could've been H1N1 as I may have been exposed to cases of it at work despite precautions including negative airflow rooms. So flu has been on my mind.

Of course, it's all speculation and I'm wary that people are too quick to seize upon whatever the media has been hyping (and trying to keep us constantly scared so we'll eventually accept erosion of our rights), but H1N1 or just good ole non-H1N1 flu came to mind with the report of Morrissey's breathing difficulties. Whatever, I wish him speedy recovery and blissful rest.

i saw a headline in a tabloid paper, last week: it said stephen gately had Sudden Death Syndrome. morrissey might have caught that!

Get well soon Morrissey you're in my thoughts I truly hope you recover in time for Salisbury, take it easy I just wish those so called "fans" in Swindon would have been more understanding rather than continue to only think of themselves!

Hi all.

Just read all of the comments, having arrived from the gig. Most people are spot on with what happened. It seemed in the final third of the song that something was wrong, as Morrissey was clutching his microphone stand. He finished 'This Charming Man' and fell to the ground, and was taken off. It was quite upsetting to hear some of the abuse from the audience when we were told the news that "Morrissey has left the building...he is seriously ill".

This was the first ever Morrissey gig that I have been to, and I don't care if it is my last. I just want him to be okay and happy. I know mine, and many others thoughts are with him.

It is haunting thinking back on what he said when he came on: "Good evening...possibly."

Prayers for you, Moz:thumb:

Matt

I'm sorry for swearing but HIM, shut the f*** up, what you say is not funny at all.

will johnny marr visit morrissey in hospital?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

I was at the Brum gig last night and posted a fairly unpopular review. It was not out of malice, i have been following him since the Smiths were formed.
But it was factually correct.

I was sat just a few feet from him at the very front on the raised terrace at the side of the stage. He looked overweight, unfit and ill and was certainly more restrained than I have seen him before, and way off form.

He specifically said "We nearly didnt make it tonight", but when shouts of "why?" came, he did not answer. He also quipped towards the end that "the morphine was kicking in". His voice noticeably detriorated at the one hour marker and he stumbled through to the end of "Pigsty".

Embarking on a gruelling series of dates when unfit is unwise. Doing so supported by morphine is madness.

Like all other fans, i wish him love, rest and recuperation to full health. In future a more realsitic tour schedule would also be wise.

Last edited:

I always knew how much Moz means to me, but this incident and my reaction to it made me realise how extremely important he actually is to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Very unsettling news. Get well soon Morrissey

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom