New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 22, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Half A Person / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / Istanbul / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden & @FROSTY

Last edited:
there was that teenager(?) that was trying to get a drawing/letter to Morrissey near your side, she never got it to him, was hoping he would have seen and taken it. :(

Coma was a little off tonight, but everything else was simply delightful!!! Hope someone posts a pic of the handkerchief, would like to get a closer look.
Amazing how young some of the New Yorkers in the "different camera angle videos" look with their immaculate skin. Definitely not teenagers any longer though.

stop thinking.jpg

On the subject of residencies: I attended eight of the Viva Moz Vegas concerts, four from each year. Really enjoyed myself, but having been there and spent the money (twice!) it would have been better had there been some variation in the setlist.

I completely understand, especially in a place like Las Vegas, that most people are only going to see one show. What percentage of the audience are freaks like me? What percentage actually sees multiple nights? In terms of business, I am not your typical customer, and I'm probably not who you build your business model around. What surprises me, is that an artist like Morrissey would not want to spread his wings a bit, given the opportunity that a residency provides. Many here accuse him of being lazy, complacent, whatever. I've never found him lacking enthusiasm on stage, but I get your point. Hardcore want more, I wish he'd give it to us. One measly change to the set isn't enough.

Tonight was amazing 🤩 I'm still decompressing. I was so overly excited tonight, it's such a thrill just to be in the same room...

Moz was chatty. He spoke a few times about New York being a special place that many artists, etc., from. He later said how special it was to be on that stage that so many others have been such a Judy Garland, Tiny Tim,etc He said then comes"scruffy, smelly me"

Couple of people through cigarettes on the stage during Our Frank. Morrissey picked one up and had it in his hand for a little bit during the song. Later on he picks her off the floor again at one point had it behind his ear. Both cigarettes were thrown into the audience. He also threw his handkerchief. He went to sweat quite a few times. Somebody got lucky.🥰

I was lucky enough to be in the front. There's a big gap between the stage and the audience. Morrissey was stretching his hands as far as he could. M could barely reach the front row. I don't think a Stage invasions would be possible.

I thought the band sounded good. The only thing I noticed was the intro to Girlfriend In a Coma sounded different.

Morrissey did say something towards the end like 'I hope to see you again if I don't, I shall die' I didn't take it as boding poorly for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows. I didn't even think about that until somebody mentioned it on here. I thought it was just Morrissey being Morrissey. And let's hope that's true.😉
Moz is tragicomic !!!! El tragicomico de siempre está mejor que todos ,es parte de su personaje...!!!!!!

Pics by @xrushtodangerx

night 22.jpg

Last edited:
On the subject of residencies: I attended eight of the Viva Moz Vegas concerts, four from each year. Really enjoyed myself, but having been there and spent the money (twice!) it would have been better had there been some variation in the setlist.

I completely understand, especially in a place like Las Vegas, that most people are only going to see one show. What percentage of the audience are freaks like me? What percentage actually sees multiple nights? In terms of business, I am not your typical customer, and I'm probably not who you build your business model around. What surprises me, is that an artist like Morrissey would not want to spread his wings a bit, given the opportunity that a residency provides. Many here accuse him of being lazy, complacent, whatever. I've never found him lacking enthusiasm on stage, but I get your point. Hardcore want more, I wish he'd give it to us. One measly change to the set isn't enough.
Yeah, totally don't get why he lets the opportunity slip. Because if he would change the setlist now and then and incorporate crowd pleasers or at least a wider range of hits from his 40 years he really could become a hot ticket again. There are so many casual fans out there or people that just got into the Smiths and would want to see him. He certainly is in fine voice, he could totally pull it off. Why isn't his competiveness triggered with Johnny being out there etc? The spark and drive to do something great seems to also still be there. So why not go out there and knock people off their feet?

Weird or normal? Wearing a shirt with your own name and face on
First there is oneself and then comes the rest. If he doesn't think of himself first, who will? I like that he's wearing that t-shirt!! It's perfect for him to promote himself, good self-esteem, Moz

just a thought,concerts like everything else are not designed to be attended night after night.
would you go to a football match then attend the very same match the next night.
would you go and see a film in the cinema then go and see the same film the next night.
would you go to a museum then go back to the same museum the next day.
suppose its a different experience night after night but you get the general idea.
I would go to see Moz as long as he's singing like he is now. You can't compare a museum or a movie that doesn't change, in a show with an artist like him, one night is not the same as the next, the energy changes, he changes and everything changes

Pic by @kimberlylgoddard

redd.jpg

@checkerphil

nyc22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom