Oslo - The Nobel Peace Prize Concert at the Oslo Spektrum (Dec. 11, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by an anonymous person and bikubesong.

Link with photos (2) posted by an anonymous person:

«Mangler bare at Morrissey setter seg ned i en saccosekk» - Kjendis. Photos by Stella Pictures. English translation via Google Translate.

978x.jpg

480x.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 12:

Video on YouTube posted by docinwestchester:

Last edited:
Morrissey wears a ring on both ring fingers all the time. :squiffy: That bracelet looks intriguing...

Indeed, Sweetie, I do miss your point. You seem to hate this site that much and still come by and drop comments. What a splendid SM-behavior. Can we meet? I have fallen in love with you and Morrissey's pants. It's me, the fat-assed, unmarried teacher.

If the value of our lives is determined by whether or not we post on Morrissey-Solo, then doesn't that leave us both holding an empty sack?

And I never said I hate this site; I've been a regular visitor since 2003 and an irregular poster.

Lucas

If the value of our lives is determined by whether or not we post on Morrissey-Solo, then doesn't that leave us both holding an empty sack?

And I never said I hate this site; I've been a regular visitor since 2003 and an irregular poster.

Lucas

So other bloggers' life revolves around Morrissey, and only around Morrissey. Man, what a genius. Your intellectual abilities arouse me in a sexual way. So, please, Lucas, let's meet. Anywhere, anyplace. Anna

why did morrissey do this? seems a lot of effort just to play 3 songs.

I cropped out the letterbox and now some of the AXS logo is gone:

Thank you for that. It's better.

Is there any way that you can rectify the 'squashed' effect any further? It still looks incorrect. Those trousers are wide enough without the help of the original, technically-challenged YouTube poster! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Matt came back. This is fantastic news. Matt and Solomon, in my opinion, are the greatest rhythm section that Moz has ever had. That Punch factor in Years of Refusal made that record great. I am so F*cking happy

I watched the three songs last night on DVR. Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth. (Not much.)

1. Probably the best version of "People Are The Same Everywhere" I've ever heard or witnessed in person. But it's still not a particularly good song. I was wondering if maybe a slightly quieter arrangement would help? I don't hate the song. But it's doesn't move me in the slightest. Perhaps the song was chosen for this occasion because of the meaning behind the title.... people are the same everywhere, so let's have peace?

2. "Satellite Of Love" Standard airing. Voice sounded good. I like the song but it's not particularly exciting. Obviously I understand why he played it.

3. "Irish Blood, English Heart" was the best of the three, I suppose.

Band sounded good for having not played together in 9 months. Nice to have Matt back on the drums. He had a few nice, subtle fancy fills here and there. Moz looked and sounded really good I thought, with the exception of those pants which I think are the worst item of clothing I have ever seen him wear. I think he added a bit of color to his hair. Fine by me, just an observation. He has looked much more gray in photos from earlier this year.

Also pleased that Moz didn't make any bizarre frog noises or unworldly yelps which so often take away from a song in recent years. It *may* work when you're in the venue watching him live, but anytime I hear that crap on a recorded version I cringe because it sounds like an escaped mental patient.

Last edited:
Don't usually reply inline but your post was a good overview. First of all, it's always great to see new Moz performances in HD and I enjoyed this one, boosted by Claire Danes' enthusiasm.

I watched the three songs last night on DVR. Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth. (Not much.)

1. Probably the best version of "People Are The Same Everywhere" I've ever heard or witnessed in person. But it's still not a particularly good song. I was wondering if maybe a slightly quieter arrangement would help? I don't hate the song. But it's doesn't move me in the slightest. Perhaps the song was chosen for this occasion because of the meaning behind the title.... people are the same everywhere, so let's have peace?

Agreed - a very good rendition. For sheer exuberance I liked the Conan appearance. Also think you're right about the thematic choice. Can you imagine if he played I'm Not Sorry??

2. "Satellite Of Love" Standard airing. Voice sounded good. I like the song but it's not particularly exciting. Obviously I understand why he played it.

Band sounded good for having not played together in 9 months. Nice to have Matt back on the drums. He had a few nice, subtle fancy fills here and there. Moz looked and sounded really good I thought, with the exception of those pants which I think are the worst item of clothing I have ever seen him wear. I think he added a bit of color to his hair. Fine by me, just an observation. He has looked much more gray in photos from earlier this year.

Also pleased that Moz didn't make any bizarre frog noises or unworldly yelps which so often take away from a song in recent years. It *may* work when you're in the venue watching him live, but anytime I hear that crap on a recorded version I cringe because it sounds like an escaped mental patient.

Mostly agree, especially about Matt being back. Anthony was fine but I think Moz missed Matt's drumming. The Walker battery is solid. Noticed Gustavo's backing vocals.

The yelps and barks are almost Tourettic at times.

Thank God I'm not the only one... when I play Moz in the car with the uninitiated that's what they always notice and I'm with you- I HATE those noises.

Don't usually reply inline but your post was a good overview. First of all, it's always great to see new Moz performances in HD and I enjoyed this one, boosted by Claire Danes' enthusiasm.

Agreed - a very good rendition. For sheer exuberance I liked the Conan appearance. Also think you're right about the thematic choice. Can you imagine if he played I'm Not Sorry??

Mostly agree, especially about Matt being back. Anthony was fine but I think Moz missed Matt's drumming. The Walker battery is solid. Noticed Gustavo's backing vocals.

The yelps and barks are almost Tourettic at times.

My college roomie had Tourettes and you're 100% correct. Being an autistic with tourettes would explain about 75% of Morrissey's behavior. :) Odd sidenote... my college roommate would whisper/chant one-liners to himself at night to get to sleep. Every. Single. Night.

Can you imagine if he played I'm Not Sorry??

:lbf: I'm surprised he restrained himself.

Putting the three song setlist together must have been an interesting challenge: People Are The Same Everywhere seems highly appropriate given the theme of the evening, but the song is about the general loathsomeness of humanity, our inability to rise to our political potential ("the land of the free and the home of the brave exists nowhere"), and the perishable nature of love - one of his dark, late-period nihilist rants. Satellite Of Love was appropriate and very well done (a loving gesture on the world stage from one misanthrope to another), and Irish Blood, English Heart is a stomping indictment of politics as usual (or politics at all). Overall, well-curated and somewhat disturbing as (no doubt) Morrissey always wishes to be.

The trousers weren't bad...at least he wasn't sagging or the band wearing SWAG t-shirts. I'm so done to death of that look!
WHAT?? No stage crashers? No Moz huggers? Ugh! Is the whole audience all on Prozac? I hope God strikes me dead before I get THAT old!

Last edited:
Finally; he's really aged a lot recently. It must be very distressing for him.

What? I think he looked very sick and tired for a couple of years, but for some reason or another, lately he's started to look a lot better again. When I saw him in Gothenburg, I was surprised at how fit and healthy he looked. He doesn't have that pale zombie look that he had for some time anymore.

Btw, I f***ing love the pants.

Thank you for that. It's better.

Is there any way that you can rectify the 'squashed' effect any further? It still looks incorrect. Those trousers are wide enough without the help of the original, technically-challenged YouTube poster! :thumb:

Damn! You're right. I kept the original video aspect ratio unchanged when I cropped out the letterbox. I'll adjust it until it matches the Norwegian TV YouTube upload (the one with audio sync issues). Gotta make those pants look better. I'll get it right eventually...

Damn! You're right. I kept the original video aspect ratio unchanged when I cropped out the letterbox. I'll adjust it until it matches the Norwegian TV YouTube upload (the one with audio sync issues). Gotta make those pants look better. I'll get it right eventually...

docinwestchester
(I forgot to log in prior to writing the above reply)

:lbf: I'm surprised he restrained himself.

Putting the three song setlist together must have been an interesting challenge: People Are The Same Everywhere seems highly appropriate given the theme of the evening, but the song is about the general loathsomeness of humanity, our inability to rise to our political potential ("the land of the free and the home of the brave exists nowhere"), and the perishable nature of love - one of his dark, late-period nihilist rants. Satellite Of Love was appropriate and very well done (a loving gesture on the world stage from one misanthrope to another), and Irish Blood, English Heart is a stomping indictment of politics as usual (or politics at all). Overall, well-curated and somewhat disturbing as (no doubt) Morrissey always wishes to be.

And royals in particular, which I'm sure Their Excellencies the King and Queen of Norway, in the royal box, must have appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom