Reforma: "Morrissey maintains privacy during stay at CDMX" (Spanish translation) (September 7, 2023)

Allegedly Morrissey is being managed by Peter Katsis again, according to this Reforma article published yesterday. Fans in Mexico have been trying to meet him and two have been lucky. Morrissey was happy to give autographs but when asked for selfies, Peter Katsis stepped in and said no. The article claims that the people currently working with Moz have received orders from Katsis that Morrissey must not have contact with fans.

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey maintains privacy during his stay in CDMX
03 MIN 00 SEG

Juan Carlos García

Mexico City ( 07 September 2023 ) .-18:48 hrs

During your week of stay in Mexico City, Morrissey he has become elusive with his fans, who are waiting fervently outside the hotel where he is staying.

A source close to Morrissey's production team confirmed that the British have been in the Country since Monday and that he has dedicated himself to resting and preparing the tour that starts here and will then take you to different cities of Latin America and United States.

"On Monday and Tuesday he met with Shirley Manson ( from Garbage ), as they both knew each other for a long time and talked for a very good time. She gave him some advice on local architecture and design and they talked about the Mexican audience.

"Since Tuesday he has talked to his team about what's coming for the rest of the months and they even showed him how Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns work and he learned a lot more than engagement; he was very interested in what his fans write, "the source told REFORM.

As a curious fact, various people who are on the work team of the former member of The Smiths they stated that they have orders from manager Peter Katsis not to have contact with admirers, so he is confined in the rear of an armored black truck.

"The mission is that they don't see it, because it is distracted, and only two of those who have entered the hotel have been lucky," added the source.

In fact, a follower of the performer of "This Charming Man" and "Everyday Is Like Sunday" rented a room to stay at the hotel and was seen on Tuesday morning, when he went down to the restaurant for breakfast.

"He approached him as he was leaving and said that if he could sign his vinyls, Morrissey said yes; and when he asked for a selfie, the manager said no, that there had been a lot he had.

"Another fan got into the parking lot, in his car, and when he saw him get out of the elevator and get in the truck, he came up to ask for an autograph. Morrissey lowered the glass and accessed the firm, but the manager did not want a photo".

The emblematic alternative rock star, reputed to be pampered, controversial, capricious and of unquestionable talent, comes to give a concert with pieces from her two most recent albums, I Am Not a Dog on a Chain ( 2020 ) and Without Music the World Dies ( 2023 ).

"Very careful of what he sings, his voice, what he does, he only drinks tea at the same time and at night he wears a scarf. He rented some studies in the Colonia Condesa to rehearse, and he is leaving there between 8 and 10 at night. At 12 at night he is almost back because he does not reveal himself. It comes with a jewelry designer, costume designer, and stylist. In addition to his manager, he travels with an assistant, "the person explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reader Meet Author

He'll take your money, and....well, that's it. He'll take your money. The very thought of having to mix with the proles. Ugh.
Skinny, I was at the first night of his Dublin concerts recently and it was one of the best Moz concerts I've been to. It was fantastic. I didn't mind the ticket price for the great night I had.

So it means that Donnie Knutson is out for this tour? Did Morrissey really have to lose Alain and Gustavo to realize that he could do with better management ? There’s something bittersweet about this.
I don't think so, they seem to be two different jobs (manager / tour manager)
Maybe it is just Sam’s latest passion, or another best friend on the payroll.
Haha could be something like that.

It's clear he is using Shirley Manson for publicity, there are way too many pics of him at the Garbage concert floating around.

So it means that Donnie Knutson is out for this tour? Did Morrissey really have to lose Alain and Gustavo to realize that he could do with better management ? There’s something bittersweet about this.

Maybe it is just Sam’s latest passion, or another best friend on the payroll.
Way more bitter than sweet.

Reader Meet Author

He'll take your money, and....well, that's it. He'll take your money. The very thought of having to mix with the proles. Ugh.
Having met Morrissey a few times I like many others can tell you this is absolute horseshit.

In other words, your specialty.

He doesn't owe his fans anything more than what they have paid for: the performances and the records. Whether or not he wants to mingle with them, that's totally his own choice. Neil Tennant is well-known for being very courteous to any fan who approaches him anywhere and he'll gladly sign something but he won't say yes to selfies either, because he doesn't want poor quality photos of himself filling the internet. That is perfectly understandable.

google traslate is usually gobbledegook and when a story starts with a source said its never going to be reliable.shirley manson was telling M about local architecture,you would think he has never been to south america before.
the article cant even get what sex he is right,,,from her two most recent albums.

Last edited:
Hope it's true about Peter Katsis.

Some of the stuff there seems odd, traveling with a jewelry designer??
I'm not sure what benefit Peter Katsis ever did Morrissey?
If he can help get a deal to release Without Music, great. But with Notre Dame being one of the songs I think that is a remote possibility to be honest, at least with any big label. If he can do the obvious, and support Moz to self release Without Music, even better. And then hopefully persuade Capitol to give up Bonfire so that too can be self released. If he can do that, brilliant. I'll be his biggest fan. But not sure what he did for Morrissey in the past that was so great?

Daft question but have they confused Donnie with Peter?

Maybe he is back - Morrissey is overdue some dedicated management. There may be a dedicated party trying to get the music out now.

Reader Meet Author

Imagine thinking a man being entitled to a private life is somehow wrong. I don't think you actually have a job, although imagine if your clients hassled you every time you stepped out in public? It'd be fun up a certain point, but Christ it would get f***ing boring very quickly and you'd just want to be left alone while you try to live a normal life.

google traslate is usually gobbledegook and when a story starts with a source said its never going to be reliable.

This is such a boomer take on Google translate lol. It's just one of those things you've read or heard other people say, isn't it? You don't actually know if it's a bad translation, do you? It's just another thing you say that you think must be true because another person said it.

For what it's worth, when translating Spanish to English, Google Translate has an accuracy rate of 94% according to this study - https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s11606-021-06666-z.pdf.

Other sources say 90%.

In other words, it's ridiculously accurate.

Edit: just realised we could do with a Gordy Translate, to translate his semi-coherent comments.

Last edited:
I thought he only hated his fans in the past when he was secretly right wing and all his fans were lefties. I thought himself and his fans were both on the same hymn sheet these days.

I'm not sure what benefit Peter Katsis ever did Morrissey? - - But not sure what he did for Morrissey in the past that was so great?
Well, we don't really know. But an artist of Morrissey's calibre needs a manager and Katsis is at least a professional considering his CV. And that's miles better than having Johnny Marr, your Mum or Sam doing that stuff for you.

Well, we don't really know. But an artist of Morrissey's calibre needs a manager and Katsis is at least a professional considering his CV. And that's miles better than having Johnny Marr, your Mum or Sam doing that stuff for you.
Does an artist need a manager? John Lennon advised Bowie that management is bullshit and not needed by an artist. There are pros and cons to both. But I agree, better than having SER do it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom