Reforma: "Morrissey maintains privacy during stay at CDMX" (Spanish translation) (September 7, 2023)

Allegedly Morrissey is being managed by Peter Katsis again, according to this Reforma article published yesterday. Fans in Mexico have been trying to meet him and two have been lucky. Morrissey was happy to give autographs but when asked for selfies, Peter Katsis stepped in and said no. The article claims that the people currently working with Moz have received orders from Katsis that Morrissey must not have contact with fans.

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey maintains privacy during his stay in CDMX
03 MIN 00 SEG

Juan Carlos García

Mexico City ( 07 September 2023 ) .-18:48 hrs

During your week of stay in Mexico City, Morrissey he has become elusive with his fans, who are waiting fervently outside the hotel where he is staying.

A source close to Morrissey's production team confirmed that the British have been in the Country since Monday and that he has dedicated himself to resting and preparing the tour that starts here and will then take you to different cities of Latin America and United States.

"On Monday and Tuesday he met with Shirley Manson ( from Garbage ), as they both knew each other for a long time and talked for a very good time. She gave him some advice on local architecture and design and they talked about the Mexican audience.

"Since Tuesday he has talked to his team about what's coming for the rest of the months and they even showed him how Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns work and he learned a lot more than engagement; he was very interested in what his fans write, "the source told REFORM.

As a curious fact, various people who are on the work team of the former member of The Smiths they stated that they have orders from manager Peter Katsis not to have contact with admirers, so he is confined in the rear of an armored black truck.

"The mission is that they don't see it, because it is distracted, and only two of those who have entered the hotel have been lucky," added the source.

In fact, a follower of the performer of "This Charming Man" and "Everyday Is Like Sunday" rented a room to stay at the hotel and was seen on Tuesday morning, when he went down to the restaurant for breakfast.

"He approached him as he was leaving and said that if he could sign his vinyls, Morrissey said yes; and when he asked for a selfie, the manager said no, that there had been a lot he had.

"Another fan got into the parking lot, in his car, and when he saw him get out of the elevator and get in the truck, he came up to ask for an autograph. Morrissey lowered the glass and accessed the firm, but the manager did not want a photo".

The emblematic alternative rock star, reputed to be pampered, controversial, capricious and of unquestionable talent, comes to give a concert with pieces from her two most recent albums, I Am Not a Dog on a Chain ( 2020 ) and Without Music the World Dies ( 2023 ).

"Very careful of what he sings, his voice, what he does, he only drinks tea at the same time and at night he wears a scarf. He rented some studies in the Colonia Condesa to rehearse, and he is leaving there between 8 and 10 at night. At 12 at night he is almost back because he does not reveal himself. It comes with a jewelry designer, costume designer, and stylist. In addition to his manager, he travels with an assistant, "the person explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Espero que sea cierto lo de Peter Katsis.

Algunas de las cosas que hay allí parecen extrañas: ¿viajar con un diseñador de joyas?
que horror me parece re superficial ,si el no usa joyas a lo sumo plata ....es decepcionante ...a la vez contradictorio si es que como dicen aca, en Mexico lo quisieron secuesstrar, para que andar con joyas ? Te escribo en español porque se que sos de Chile debes estar ansiosa esperando el dia para ver a Moz!!! Igual que yo!!!saludos !!!!!

I'm seeing rumours on Twitter that the Mexico concert has been cancelled... hope it's not true. Anyone has heard anything? I find nothing official.

que horror me parece re superficial ,si el no usa joyas a lo sumo plata ....es decepcionante ...a la vez contradictorio si es que como dicen aca, en Mexico lo quisieron secuesstrar, para que andar con joyas ? Te escribo en español porque se que sos de Chile debes estar ansiosa esperando el dia para ver a Moz!!! Igual que yo!!!saludos !!!!!
Me hace pensar que el artículo inventa cosas. Porque, efectivamente, Morrissey no usa joyas (no de diseñador en todo caso, a no ser compradas en Etsy como escribió FWD)

Estoy ansiosa por verlo, pero ojalá que los rumores de cancelación en México no sean ciertos!!

I don't blame Moz if he is cutting back on meeting fans. He's doing a lot of tours and whenever he cancels he gets such flak, so why should he go out of his way to shake hands and get slobbered over?

One thing that surprises me is that Moz doesn't do those exorbitantly priced 'meet n'greets' before each concert, like Gary Numan and some other artists do. Moz charged for signed records by Bowie, so the idea of a meet & greet isn't crazy.

Moz having a manager - maybe that means something is happening with the old record deal/new deal?
Meat (is murder) and greets.

Me hace pensar que el artículo inventó cosas. Porque, efectivamente, Morrissey no usa joyas (no de diseñador en todo caso, a no ser compradas en Etsy como escribió FWD)

Estoy ansiosa por verlo, pero ojalá que los rumores de cancelación en México no sean ciertos!!
DIOS .Es cierto nunca lo vi c joyas a lo sumo la bijou que usamos todos por eso .a mi tambien me llamo la atencion...Espero que no haya cancelado y q no lo haga en ningun lado .!!!!!

All we can hope for are some live shows during the next few years - if he isn‘t (still) ill…
New studio music? Maybe in the next world :blushing:
It‘s very sad indeed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom