Morrissey Central "SHAKE THE HAND THAT SHOOK THE HAND" (January 5, 2024)

Meetings most prized, when the
pleasure and privilege was mine:
pressing palms, exuding charms;
times gone …
by Morrissey

full

Joan Collins and Anthony Newley.

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Joel Fabiani and Peter Wyngarde in Department S

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pretty sure there was speculation Townshend was wanted, by Morrissey, to produce Maladjusted. Perhaps negotiations extended to a meeting?
I think it was Alain, who provided the story on Twitter. Strummer and Townshend were indeed candidates for Southpaw follow-up production duties.

There is a video on you tube of explorers walking round the abandoned Hook End Manor...
Saw that one too a while back. It's a bit of a sad video as they didn't have a clue about the places relevance or how it became so neglected. Remember the blue wallpaper from the Ouija Board vid. Such a great backdrop for the song.
Excellent Cathy Burke featuring, pre the usual disconnect.
I hope he adds to this list, we all know there's more to come surely.
Coincidentally I was just reading last night on Mozpedia about Candy Darling. She was another list maker, and was on Moz's own list of Handsome Devils in the NME in '89.

Last edited:
what mad man ranks people they've met?
The sort of man who at the time of her death, wanted it known that Jane Birkin's Wikipedia page didn't mention her appearance at his Meltdown event.

To be fair, maybe he is self aware enough to know that with all his recent concert cancellations, he can hardly rank his recent gigs from number 1.

I've met them all, then not now. Look what you've done to me. I should still be up there with the most adorable celebrities (at least in my eyes).

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been said but in a 1984 interview he described himself as "a doomed fan", he did value people being famous if he liked their talent. So has probably never changed. It seems to be his idea of success. Let's face it, he doesn't seem to value working hard at your job or gaining qualifications.

Nobody has reverence for younger people.

That's true generally, but there's always exceptions. If Morrissey had met, say, Philip Seymour Hoffman, would he have been less impressed than he was with Mel Gibson?

Saw that one too a while back. It's a bit of a sad video as they didn't have a clue about the places relevance or how it became so neglected. Remember the blue wallpaper from the Ouija Board vid. Such a great backdrop for the song.
Excellent Cathy Burke featuring, pre the usual disconnect.
I hope he adds to this list, we all know there's many more to come surely.
Coincidentally I was just reading last night on Mozpedia about Candy Darling. She was another list maker, and was on Moz's own list of Handsome Devils in the NME in '89.
I would have definitely ripped a bit of the flowery wallpaper and tried to get that chair out. Imagine telling your friends they are sitting on Morrissey's ouija board sofa 😃

My own list:

1. Locking eyes with Moz in London
2. Cathy Newman running into me and having a mini tantrum
3. Walking past Daisy Ridley on a river walk
4. Meeting Alan Rickman at a low budget play he did in Hampshire circa 2010
5. Getting in the way of Harrison Ford at LAX, moving quickly out the way for him and having him scowl at me. For this last one I have photographic proof of the back of his head.

1615.jpeg

Ehhh what about Sinéad O'Connor and Brett Anderson. And Robert Smith & Mark E Smith whose hands he shook as he tried to line them up to get shot with the one bullet. That list is only half a list. What about Larry King. Jonathan Ross. Cornelius Carr (where we have PROOF of hand shaking on the Boxers video). Awww come on!
don't think its just a list of everyone he has ever met,it seems to be ones he has looked up to or enjoyed their work.
good to see joan sims and Kenny lynch,i was watching Kenny lynch in the classic horror dr terrors house of horrors during the week.

don't think its just a list of everyone he has ever met,it seems to be ones he has looked up to or enjoyed their work.
good to see joan sims and Kenny lynch,i was watching Kenny lynch in the classic horror dr terrors house of horrors during the week.
Great film Gordy, there was a slew of those short story horrors in the early 70s

Great film Gordy, there was a slew of those short story horrors in the early 70s
the mistake most people make dan is they assume they were hammer,the production company was amicus,everydays a shool day.

I talked briefly to Lloyd Cole after one of his concerts and got me "Lost weekend" 10" signed. He said, he hated the cover and laregely ignored my thin explanations on why I loved the song. Because it reminded me of The Smiths.

He’s reflecting on time and meeting the People who touched his heart in one way or another. I don’t think the numbers mean anything. I’m not shocked by anyone on this list or those not mentioned. I am thinking about where his mind may be at the moment. The post is a bit obscure in a way. Pair this with the last “You know I cannot last” post…

This is the Morrissey I love, but “times gone” leaves me feeling sad. It’s a bit “My Way” ish.

Am I thinking about this too deeply??

Back
Top Bottom