"World Peace..." #82 in second week US Billboard 200 album chart

Who cares? Morrissey needs to stop expecting, at age 55, to top charts that are filled with music bought by teenyboppers. The fact that he can more-or-less sell out a tour (prior to having a diva meltdown, of course) is more of an accomplishment to an artist of his age.

Do you think people like Billy Bragg, Nick Lowe, Robyn Hitchcock, etc. are expecting to soar to #1?

no but i do like to see how market trends and such play out. im a very curious person about a lot of subjects.

Who cares? Morrissey needs to stop expecting, at age 55, to top charts that are filled with music bought by teenyboppers. The fact that he can more-or-less sell out a tour (prior to having a diva meltdown, of course) is more of an accomplishment to an artist of his age.

Do you think people like Billy Bragg, Nick Lowe, Robyn Hitchcock, etc. are expecting to soar to #1?

I’m not saying he should or shouldn’t care, but the bottom line is that he DOES so it’s a huge blow to him when it doesn’t chart high, as evidenced multiple times in “Autobiography”.

Whats with the fascination with the billboards? For those haters out there, had it been in the number 1 spot would you then liked it?

Even during the peak of The Smiths in the mid 80s and the peak of Morrissey's solo career in the early part of the 90s he has never been billboard popular, so whats the point?

In the mid-80s The Smiths were "our" little secret and that's whats made it great. Even now, I can care less if he is popular or not.

Lastly, for all you haters out there. I don't understand this utter hatred for this album. If you don't like this album what material of his other than The Smiths have you liked?

Whats with the fascination with the billboards? For those haters out there, had it been in the number 1 spot would you then liked it?

Even during the peak of The Smiths in the mid 80s and the peak of Morrissey's solo career in the early part of the 90s he has never been billboard popular, so whats the point?

In the mid-80s The Smiths were "our" little secret and that's whats made it great. Even now, I can care less if he is popular or not.

Lastly, for all you haters out there. I don't understand this utter hatred for this album. If you don't like this album what material of his other than The Smiths have you liked?

It’s not necessarily that WE care where it charts, but that HE does.

i just would have been happy for him which would have made me a little vicariously happy for a figure i respect and admire. i also ask because im curious like i said above

Wow, since you can read peoples thoughts, I recommend you purchase some lotto tickets.

Well, I’m not sure which part of my statement you’re referring to. As far as the “HE” part, it’s well known that Moz cares where he charts. As far as the “WE” part of “us” (posters on here, fans, whatever) not caring, I’m assuming none of us care, which maybe I shouldn’t. So, apologies.

You lot who post just to spew rancid goo never cease to amuse.

I hope you continue to pollute your minds with Morrissey-centric news and continue to clog your ears with his "terrible" new music. Go ahead I urge you, dare you in fact. Keep listening and keep complaining when you could sooner be refraining and unveiling a better reality for yourselves.

It's not surprising that Morrissey hates this site. I would - If I were he

You lot who post just to spew rancid goo never cease to amuse.

I hope you continue to pollute your minds with Morrissey-centric news and continue to clog your ears with his "terrible" new music. Go ahead I urge you, dare you in fact. Keep listening and keep complaining when you could sooner be refraining and unveiling a better reality for yourselves.

I'll agree with you and seek a "better reality for yourselves." I will immediately stop listening to Morrissey if you give me some alternatives to listen to? Please be specific and give me at least 5 options.

I appreciate your wisdom and look forward to your suggestions of the music I should be listening to.

Thanks,

Waiting impatiently!

What point is David trying to prove here?
Yet another lead story seeking to stick the knife in.
Perhaps album sales might have been helped if David had pulled or discouraged the plethora of links to the leaked album prior to it being streamed. But oh no, we can't have that, for it would actually show an element of support for Morrissey. I try to keep my language measured but I am so f***ed off with what this site and David are willfully perpetuating. Tseng is now making capital from yet another hanger-on attempting to discredit and exploit Morrissey. This story is so blatanly untrue it is scarcely funny. Yet, even so Moz is presumed guilty of "something" on the basis that he cancelled tour dates because he was ill, that seems to be the crux of it for so many of you. Woe betide you, should you ever be signed-off work. This really is a hateful online creche with an agenda behind it to undermine anything Morrissey says or does...

And yet where were you when Moz repeatedly posted the splendid news of the Autobiography being a chart contender in it's 6th week of release on TTY? You're picking the stuff that supports your argument. I don't blame you for it.

And, I may be reading this incorrectly, but are you OK with Moz slagging people off, but not people slagging Moz off? That's what it looks like to me.

P.

And yet where were you when Moz repeatedly posted the splendid news of the Autobiography being a chart contender in it's 6th week of release on TTY? You're picking the stuff that supports your argument. I don't blame you for it.

And, I may be reading this incorrectly, but are you OK with Moz slagging people off, but not people slagging Moz off? That's what it looks like to me.

P.

Man, what happened? How come you no longer seem to be a Morrissey fan?

#82 is the new #1 :cool:

P.

If, for example, you review the comments linked to the Autobiography chart updates, it is evident that Morrissey cannot win. There are plenty of snipes to the effect of "yeah yeah, you care about chart positions" and "shame your new album will be sh*t".

If he does well at something, he's lambasted for it being reported on TTY. If the album falls in the chart...he is mocked and insulted because he cares about chart positions and has fallen short of his likely expectations.

To most of the world, certainly in the UK, Morrissey is a "marmite" artist. You'll either buy the album in the first week, probably several times...or you'll turn over the radio is he is lucky enough to get an airplay. The proportion of people who will be buying in week two onwards is going to be lower, particularly as....for whatever reason...the album is not really being promoted at this time unlike say, Quarry.

To anyone other than a complete imbecile it is obvious that WPINOYB will be a Billboard faller. It could be Vauxhall to the power of ten, and still it would. So, IMHO anyway, this post was nothing other than a through ball to an open goal for the haters.

But clearly I'm not important enough to have a view here Skinny!

If, for example, you review the comments linked to the Autobiography chart updates, it is evident that Morrissey cannot win. There are plenty of snipes to the effect of "yeah yeah, you care about chart positions" and "shame your new album will be sh*t".

If he does well at something, he's lambasted for it being reported on TTY. If the album falls in the chart...he is mocked and insulted because he cares about chart positions and has fallen short of his likely expectations.

To most of the world, certainly in the UK, Morrissey is a "marmite" artist. You'll either buy the album in the first week, probably several times...or you'll turn over the radio is he is lucky enough to get an airplay. The proportion of people who will be buying in week two onwards is going to be lower, particularly as....for whatever reason...the album is not really being promoted at this time unlike say, Quarry.

To anyone other than a complete imbecile it is obvious that WPINOYB will be a Billboard faller. It could be Vauxhall to the power of ten, and still it would. So, IMHO anyway, this post was nothing other than a through ball to an open goal for the haters.

But clearly I'm not important enough to have a view here Skinny!

Anyone is entitled to a view whether I, you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with it. My point is that he cannot expect to slag folk off and not get something back. When you are an artist expecting the public to part with their money for your product, you should expect all manner of responses, good, bad, favourable, unfavourable, and everything in between and outside. If as an artist you just expect encomium and fluffiness, you're an idiot and in the wrong business. This is a discussion board. Some call it a 'fan' site; a lot don't like what Morrissey does and says (I am one of those - his music is great, but his edicts are not), whereas there are many, many who do. Personally I have nothing against Morrissey, I think he's a troubled chap still trying to find his way.

P.

I'll agree with you and seek a "better reality for yourselves." I will immediately stop listening to Morrissey if you give me some alternatives to listen to? Please be specific and give me at least 5 options.

I appreciate your wisdom and look forward to your suggestions of the music I should be listening to.

Thanks,

Waiting impatiently!

I wasn't even referring to you dude.

I was referring to the boring f***ers who decided to line up in this thread and one after one spout off some useless, uninsightful, hateful shite about the new record.

But if you're looking for something new to try, try "Over the Counter Culture" by the Ordinary Boys, "Olympian" by Gene, or "In Violet Light" by the Tragically Hip.

A second week chart position in the USA is clearly news, by the standards of this site. As David's been saying in his recent interviews, anyone who follows this site seriously knows it posts any kind of news related to Morrissey, positive or negative.

I wasn't even referring to you dude.

I was referring to the boring f***ers who decided to line up in this thread and one after one spout off some useless, uninsightful, hateful shite about the new record.

But if you're looking for something new to try, try "Over the Counter Culture" by the Ordinary Boys, "Olympian" by Gene, or "In Violet Light" by the Tragically Hip.

Sounded like you were hating too. However if you were hating on the haters, I'm with you.

It's news, why would I need to prove anything? What's the cut off point for posting to the main page, Top 40? Top 30? Let me know so I can consider adjusting to your preferences. Do you admit that you know I would have posted it if it was within that threshold or if it went to #1 also?

Edit: I think it's a matter of perspective whether something is considered 'negative' or 'positive', I'm sure tons of people and bands would be ecstatic if they had a top 100 album in the US!

What point is David trying to prove here?
Yet another lead story seeking to stick the knife in.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom