Alain Whyte and band mini Ireland tour (August 21, 2023)

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

Every member of Morrissey's band is talented and disputing that only betrays your own musical ignorance. Speaking as a drummer it baffles me that Cobrin is held in such high regard by fans when he is clearly the least talented drummer Morrissey has had.
Not even close. Spike Smith is not very good and Deano is average at best. Woodie Taylor wasn't exactly a world beater on Vauxhall. Spencer was perfect for Morrissey's BEST band.

No too sure about "certain". Haven't all the band members actually left and come back to play with Moz later on at some point? (Other than Gustavo, who really just left anyway)
I don't know Morrissey personally but I think it's a safe bet to say he will take this new band as an absolute betrayal.
Gary Day only got back in after Boz personally pleaded his case for him.
We shall have to wait and see,

I don't know Morrissey personally but I think it's a safe bet to say he will take this new band as an absolute betrayal.

I agree with this. Expect a snide remark or shunning of all these band members henceforth.

The thing is, it's not a new band really, except for Gustavo. This band existed already when Alain got back into Moz's band, so it didn't seem to bother him.

Now maybe the little dig in the announcement of Gustavo joining got Morrissey mad, who knows, but I'd doubt it.

Didn't know that about Gary Day rejoining!

That is sincerely a brilliant, excellent name. I'm really very curious, though I'm a fair bit skeptical about the new original tunes that this line up might conjure.

You know would be really funny and deliciously ironic? If Alain, Gustavo and company pulled the reverse "Irish blood English heart" and put original songs with different lyrics using the same instrumental melodies and stuff as might presumably be present on some of the unreleased stuff from Without music, The World Dies
That would be a great idea but I doubt Alain would stoke those fires as it could be seen as a troll move and if he is still on good terms with Morrissey it might be smart to avoid that.

That would be a great idea but I doubt Alain would stoke those fires as it could be seen as a troll move and if he is still on good terms with Morrissey it might be smart to avoid that.
Undoubtedly it would be A bridge burning move come about I like the swagger and moxie And the inversion of history. The assertion of their own talent is song writers. They'd never do it but I would kind love the audacity

Morrissey minus racist Morrissey. I am in!
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Whhhoooop! This is actually really exciting.
Unfortunately, my car won’t make it from America to Ireland, but I will be there in spirit!

I just heard MOZ told Jesse and the current touring mess to get front row tix to the first few shows! That way they could take some notes and learn how to play his songs properly for his 40 years of MOZ tour!

MOZ even sent Jesse the link to Alain's YouTube channel too so he could do homework!

BOOYAH! :laughing::rofl:

dont think any of this will bother M,seems very happy with the new band which are about to embark on a tour the other side of the world,pretty sure alain is happy with his lot these days as well.

Sure Enough The Telephone Rings is a composition from Gustavo, even though it sounds mire like a tune coming from Jesse.
I’d pay a premium, above and beyond the penny I generally spend, to be guaranteed not to hear Paris again at a Morrissey concert.

That this song has been privileged over Skull, Carol and Birthday for over a decade is utterly perplexing. It’s either much easier to reproduce live, or Morrissey takes some pleasure in indignantly championing the odd dud (Crashing Bores being another culprit).

Gustavo must be delighted with his choice to leave. Playing 3 pubs in Ireland with the Moz rejects while Moz is touring the world. Definitely a sound financial decision.

Back
Top Bottom