Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the long term regular Moz Solo users. They're probably pushing up daisies, or listening to drill or grime music in their care homes. I know I am: I love a bit of Skengdo.
Some of us have been banned, others simply moved on. I’ve been here since the early days in various guises. I’m old enough to remember the chat room days, in all its Web 1.0 glory. It was sub-web 1.0. For those that remember, you had to manually refresh to display new messages.

I’ve witnessed some of these people in real life, fighting or fornicating, sometimes within minutes of each. You’ll never get me on a Moz Army convention. I’m sure they’re a nice bunch but living and breathing m-solo in the early noughties is PTSD-attracting …

Some of us have been banned, others simply moved on. I’ve been here since the early days in various guises. I’m old enough to remember the chat room days, in all its Web 1.0 glory. It was sub-web 1.0. For those that remember, you had to manually refresh to display new messages.

I’ve witnessed some of these people in real life, fighting or fornicating, sometimes within minutes of each. You’ll never get me on a Moz Army convention. I’m sure they’re a nice bunch but living and breathing m-solo in the early noughties is PTSD-attracting …

I wasn't around in the early days but have been coming here on and off, in various guises, for possibly far too long. Things just change. And not always for the better. Enjoy the rest of your day.

I always say what I really think.

He still has a pathway out of this mess - but I don't think he's going to take it - so it's probably best to retire before Central starts selling bitcoin.
I want him to record as much music as possible before he dies, we'll probably get to hear it one way or another. But his live performing days may be done.

He loves the live experience so why would he stop?
There’s really nothing to suggest he will stop.
I think he will keep trying but the cancellations are getting ridiculous now. I think he needs to be honest with himself if he can still do it. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be in line to buy tickets when he's in my area.

I think he will keep trying but the cancellations are getting ridiculous now. I think he needs to be honest with himself if he can still do it. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be in line to buy tickets when he's in my area.
Yes, no tours in Asia or South America anymore probably.

But don’t forget he did some 40 shows last year, playing to over 100,000 people, so it’s not as if it wasn’t a successful year of touring. And the reception, from Israel to Australia, was great.

Yes, no tours in Asia or South America anymore probably.

But don’t forget he did some 40 shows last year, playing to over 100,000 people, so it’s not as if it wasn’t a successful year of touring. And the reception, from Israel to Australia, was great.

He also cancelled Perth and Auckland and announced the Quarry dates on the day he cancelled Perth as a nice f*** you to those who were planning to go.

He was great last year, at each show there was so much energy it’s hard to imagine it won’t continue.
But if it is, I’m glad I forked out all that money to go, they made my year.

He also cancelled Perth and Auckland and announced the Quarry dates on the day he cancelled Perth as a nice f*** you to those who were planning to go.

I don't think he thinks of it that way.

If he was truly a terrible person he would be saying all the right things to gull his audience into giving him more money & adulation. That's what you do when you really don't care.

I think he's just chaotic because he has personal problems & the worst team on earth - who might be the only people who can cope with his personal problems - or - they gain something from keeping him in chaos.

Seen them a few times, my Dad is a huge fan. I first got to see them during the "End of the Road" tour. We thought that was them bowing out but still they continue.
When some here were listening to Starangeways in ‘88, as spotty kids, for me it was Twelve Gold Bars: greatest compilation ever. Pushed hard by Hatful, I concede.

John Peel would oscillate between Teenage Kicks and Down, Down when considering the greatest song ever.

Saw Rossi doing his acoustic/chat show last year, and I loved every precious minute. God bless the Quo friends here—I can’t have too many?
Seen them a few times, my Dad is a huge fan. I first got to see them during the "End of the Road" tour. We thought that was them bowing out but still they continue.
When some here were listening to Starangeways in ‘88, as spotty kids, for me it was Twelve Gold Bars: greatest compilation ever. Pushed hard by Hatful, I concede.

John Peel would oscillate between Teenage Kicks and Down, Down when considering the greatest song ever.

Saw Rossi doing his acoustic/chat show last year, and I loved every precious minute. God bless the Quo friends here—They were can’t have too many?

I always say what I really think.

He still has a pathway out of this mess - but I don't think he's going to take it - so it's probably best to retire before Central starts selling bitcoin.
As you acknowledge, it remains within his power.

But, it seems that he wants the full stop to look like this: convalescing in Switzerland, with a wayward nephew playing the Elisabeth Forster role—as he waits for life to catch up.

Saw Rossi doing his acoustic/chat show last year, and I loved every precious minute. God bless the Quo friends here—I can’t have too many?

Saw Rossi doing his acoustic/chat show last year, and I loved every precious minute. God bless the Quo friends here—They were can’t have too many?

I saw them at Manchester Apollo when I was 16, my mum bought me a ticket for my birthday and I rode there on my brand new moped! Very odd seeing lots of different types of people head banging.

Last edited:
I
I think it could be one of Moz's best albums. Agree - as long as the production doesn't make him sound like a Smurf.

I honestly think this may be his best album. Every track has a great theme, from what we've heard so far which is most of it. There's some real poppy catchy stuff here which has a Arsenal vibe. The emotional stuff is really heartfelt and the end of Oblivion is one of the most horribly raw emotive bits of music I've heard, the harrowing shove it in your mouth bit. Veronica is the perfect single. I just want to be able to blast this album on my stereo.

The lyrics will be the weakest part of this album. The band need to sack him and get a new writer/singer.

I don't think he thinks of it that way.

If he was truly a terrible person he would be saying all the right things to gull his audience into giving him more money & adulation. That's what you do when you really don't care.

I think he's just chaotic because he has personal problems & the worst team on earth - who might be the only people who can cope with his personal problems - or - they gain something from keeping him in chaos.
I think overall you are probably right. IMO the fact that the YATQ shows sold so poorly is because he's finally reached a tipping point where enough of his once-solid fanbase have had enough and voted no confidence. I think there is a way forward even if he doesn't have a record deal... but not sure what that is or if he's willing to make any key changes.

I saw them at Manchester Apollo when I was 16, my mum bought me a ticket for my birthday and I rode there on my brand new moped! Very odd seeing lots of different types of people head banging.
You’re a lucky guy: my dad would drag me to Houghton Weavers concerts as a kid. One of the fascinating things about connecting with Morrissey in ‘92 was recognising the Ewan MacColl connections. His world and my world met.

But in terms of taste with my relatives; everyone agrees on Quo. They are family therapy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom