Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t get my head round the Shed Seven revival—they seem massive now, but they barely troubled the top thirty in the 90s. They’ll be drawing bigger crowds than Morrissey soon, at this rate. Unbelievable.

Yes it's very odd, they have sold Leeds out already.

Prior to general sale.
And who are the fine gentlemen who get selected to buy tickets before us commoners? It sounds very anacronistic to have this arrangement. Is it more expensive to buy on presale? Now I get it, pre-sale is a limited number of tickets sold for a higher price in order to avoid not getting a ticket due to fast booking and high demand in the general sale. So you pay a bit higher for the security of getting a ticket. It’s really not so deep

That was the arena though which holds 14k, Millennium Square is about 5K. Good space though I went to see Embrace there in 2005. I would love to see him at Halifax Piece Hall as it's a fabulous place, saw New Order there in 2021.

View attachment 89392

I only really post around a tour, but remember you like James, you seeing them at the Piece Hall?

And who are the fine gentlemen who get selected to buy tickets before us commoners? It sounds very anacronistic to have this arrangement. Is it more expensive to buy on presale? Now I get it, pre-sale is a limited number of tickets sold for a higher price in order to avoid not getting a ticket due to fast booking and high demand in the general sale. So you pay a bit higher for the security of getting a ticket. It’s really not so deep
Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not…
If you sign up to mailing lists, have a phone account with certain providers etc, one of the perks might be that they offer is access to pre-sale tickets. They cost the same as they would on general sale.

When's the last time Morrissey had an actual support act in the UK, other than just sitting throug 45 minutes of YouTube videos? It feels like years, but I can't remember who the last act was.

Last support anywhere: 2019.
UK support: 2016.
FWD.

Checked my work schedule. Fecking Nora I haven't got a chance in going to these gigs .
I'm looking forward to the one in London in a week or so though . That will be super , smashing , lovely great I think these gigs are a good idea
Especially with the Slow Readers on the bill. With them they should sell all the tickets which will make M look good - he hasn't sold the gig on the 19/03/22 yet- only about a 5k venue . So he wants to have some "sold outs " splashed on the posters to get record companies paying bank

M release the vinyl baby . We ain't here forever !!!!!!!!

I'm loving all these shows down south baby .
It's only 1hr and 10 from Hastings
Get a few cans of numbers . Have a laugh on the train.
Rock into London , party on !

It's good for the Brit fans that Ms USA selling power is failing . It means he will stay home and make coin there

Thank f*** .

I can’t get my head round the Shed Seven revival—they seem massive now, but they barely troubled the top thirty in the 90s. They’ll be drawing bigger crowds than Morrissey soon, at this rate. Unbelievable.
One of my favourite bands of the 90s; Despite being promoted by Radio 1's Chris Moyles, I think they were totally underrated, & am pleased that they're having a strong revival, they fully deserve it.

Albums did well, especially A Maximum High (8), Let It Ride (9), Going For Gold (7). Singles from those first 2 albums above did better than you suggest:

"Where Have You Been Tonight?" (23)
"Getting Better" (14)
"Going for Gold" (8)
"Bully Boy" (22)
"On Standby" (12)
"Chasing Rainbows" (17)
"She Left Me on Friday" (11)
"The Heroes" (18)
"Devil in Your Shoes" (37)
"Disco Down" (13)

When's the last time Morrissey had an actual support act in the UK, other than just sitting throug 45 minutes of YouTube videos? It feels like years, but I can't remember who the last act was.
Yes I was running this question around my bonce
I'm not even sure you can call Kristeen Young a Support Act, that was more a wind up and according to some a way to keep Tony around and so keep Bowie around . A bit like when M fans add Linder, James Maker or Kristeen Young or Boz "s wife Lyn
As I look on my FB list now i can see loads who are friends with all these feckers
But have never met them . STALKERS
kristeen was kind of a game he was playing with her and us . Lol
he knew she added nothing to ticket sales

Slow Readers are another ball game mate
He knows full well they have a loyal crowd and that they are fans of his .
It's a way to get *sold out * on a big gig and hopefully get a label .

Made me laugh my balls off when people mentioned Shed Seven
The reason they are big is nostalgia. They were shit in the 90s and worse now . Rick the singer is a knob jockey .

One of my favourite bands of the 90s; Despite being promoted by Radio 1's Chris Moyles, I think they were totally underrated, & am pleased that they're having a strong revival, they fully deserve it.

Albums did well, especially A Maximum High (8), Let It Ride (9), Going For Gold (7). Singles from those first 2 albums above did better than you suggest:

"Where Have You Been Tonight?" (23)
"Getting Better" (14)
"Going for Gold" (8)
"Bully Boy" (22)
"On Standby" (12)
"Chasing Rainbows" (17)
"She Left Me on Friday" (11)
"The Heroes" (18)
"Devil in Your Shoes" (37)
"Disco Down" (13)
I saw them on their tour when Mark came out , their first single
I was living in London then , can't remember the venue though

Mark had promise , they were keying into the suede vibe . They were quite good live as well but they didn't have the depth or intelligence of Brett and his mob . They were dicks .

We all have our own fecking tastes though

Back
Top Bottom