Morrissey Central "Somewhere near Leeds." (July 11, 2023)

unnamed-1.jpg

Brendan Buckley (drums), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Carmen Vandenberg (guitar), Camila Grey (keyboard). Juan Galeano (bass) and Morrissey (bagpipes) are not in this picture - by choice.

Not to be a doom-monger (oh, go on then) but given the weather forecast for Leeds this afternoon / evening (squally showers, windy, cool) I'd suggest there's a chance that Morrissey may not find the conditions to his voice's liking... but fingers crossed all goes ahead normally.

Not to be a doom-monger (oh, go on then) but given the weather forecast for Leeds this afternoon / evening (squally showers, windy, cool) I'd suggest there's a chance that Morrissey may not find the conditions to his voice's liking... but fingers crossed all goes ahead normally.
Not sure which app you're using but BBC weather shows he might be ok:

wtherleeds.JPG

Met office shows this:

wtherleeds2.JPG

Really hope that's right! Fingers crossed it will all blow through by 6pm...
Yeah, the % chances of precipitation shown are pretty low to insignificant; temps 16-17, so I'm really quite hopeful...:pray:

(I don't want him to f*ck this one up for people...or himself - just Get On The Stage!).

Still early days I think. I was watching this (David Foot) vid of S&TH which catches her improvising - it's great hearing her loosen things up at the play-out.
I'm loving the new ways Brendan is finding to nail the full stop to the encores too.

ha! Yes that’s awesome!

Moz Fan likes them together.

Mr. Bagpipes & Mr. Bass are missed. Come on guys, show up!

I hope everyone has a great time tonight and that M is on good form. Reading previous comments, give the new band members a chance....see ya later on the tour. Seeing Johnny next week too.

I hope everyone has a great time tonight and that M is on good form. Reading previous comments, give the new band members a chance....see ya later on the tour. Seeing Johnny next week too.

Are you going to Holmfirth? I missed out on tickets, I keep checking Twickets, but no luck so far.

What times will the three acts be expected to take the stage?

Does anyone agree that the sound with the new band has a certain emptiness to it
As someone who feels the Jesse era gets a bit too much hate, I do agree that this current line up is not "it". I am starting to sound like a broken record here, but the new guitarist is shaky at best. Sure, she can noodle random scales during song outtros, but her playing is inconsistent with the song fundamentals. HSIN for instance, she rakes the lead differently almost each time in some of the footage. Some people here think it's cool, but as a life long guitar player myself, it's just flat out inconsistency. I am not sure if people are just excited that some women are in the band or what, but normally this forum is scathing and I am still surprised the amount of positivity this line up is getting. I love Brendan's playing though, he's a maverick on drums.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom