For Britain YT: "We're proud to stand with Morrissey" (April 20, 2021)

'... cruelly and unfairly parodied by The Simpsons.'

Boohoo. The crowd that bangs on about free speech and the snowflake generation aren't half oversensitive themselves.

I believe we're approaching the 5th layer of hell...

Statement from AMW / For Britain re: Morrissey / Simpsons.
FWD.

Well, there you go. Morrissey phones round his racist mates and gets them to stick up for him. It's sick-inducing. The people who were too racist for Farage's UKIP are now some of his only friends. What does that tell you?

"and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism."

Who needs phoney friendships with showbiz types when gorgeous Anne Marie Waters has your back.

He could have laughed it off or just ignored it but no, he's just made things worse. I suppose it's a variant on the Streisand Effect. What a klutz.

Well, there you go. Morrissey phones round his racist mates and gets them to stick up for him. It's sick-inducing. The people who were too racist for Farage's UKIP are now some of his only friends. What does that tell you?

There is nothing in that to suggest he contacted her.

She was proud to have no celebrity support a few weeks ago.

She's reacting to the press.

When people write future textbooks about Crisis Management, this response from Morrissey and his team will be a great example of how not to do it.

"We're proud to stand with Morrissey"

FWD.

Oh crap.
So thus far, he's had support from @PrisonPlank, The Post Millennial, and For Britain? *sighs* This is going sooo well.

If you honestly believe that For Britain thing is the result of Morrissey phoning AMW and saying "please put something out there, I need your support" you are way, way more f***ed in the head than we all thought you were anyway. She's just using his name to try desperately to promote her miniscule, crackpot "party".

Probably hasn't but the last thing he needs when trying to find a record deal is linkage to this mob again. His manager has caused all this with his pathetic responses on facebook, if he had kept his mouth shut non of this would be happening.

I can't stand listening to her, could you briefly summarise what she said, please?

"We're proud to stand with Morrissey"

FWD.

Oh, Lord.

SER or Peter are capable of posting that & thinking it helps. They don't think concepts through. She's saying she's not a far right racist & that might be good enough for them. 🙄

If Morrissey thanks her or agrees that he still agrees with her - then the press will never forgive it in his lifetime.

Ideally - if they see it or it gets traction - they should take the opportunity to say he doesn't support her any more.
Without mentioning halal or cultural identity - because those are complex arguments that you can't discuss deeply enough in entertainment journalism. And it's madness to try.

What a time to run out of analgesics...
This is likely to become a separate thread shortly - my own views won't come in to that.
Surprised nobody's mentioned the salute-looking image of him used.
Sigh.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom