Morrissey Central France, Belgium concerts and 1 UK date announced (January 10, 2023)

morrisseyofficial-10012023-0001.jpg

official_morrissey_central-10012023-0001.jpg

Morrissey has today announced a new London headline show at Eventim Apollo on Sunday 19th March. This show is part of a European tour that includes dates in France and Belgium. Tickets for the shows go on general sale Friday 13th January at 10am (local time)
2023 Tour Dates
Wed 08 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Wed 09 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Sun 12 March | Lyon Amphitheatre, France
Mon 13 March Strasbourg Salle Erasme, France
Wed 15 March | Antwerp Stadsschouwburg Theatre, Belgium
Thu 16 March | Brussels Bozar Theatre, Belgium
Sun 19 March | London Eventim Apollo

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Money Changes Everything.

For the Antwerpen concert, Gracia.live announces an exclusive VIP experienfe for mire than 310 euros, including a ticket with a good seat, veggie meals and free booze, before and after the gig, and a reserved parking for a car (this latter is for at least 2 vips),

The Smiths used to sing for children of the working class. This thing, and the ptices for Anterwerpen (cheapest category 96 euros) shows that like Bruce Springsteen, Morrissey only sings bow for the upper class.

Good Times For A Change.
Reading this makes me think that I won’t be missing out too badly. I live in Belgium but won’t be here at the time of the tour. I went to Englannd in October, where the tickets were (surprisingly) cheaper and where you do get a better atmosphere in similarly sized theater venues.
I will see John Cale st the Roma. It’s a better place for concerts that stadsschouwburg.

Last edited:
It is an interesting use of that photo. There was a real feeling in 2004 that Morrissey was back. He had just appeared on a primetime BBC chat show with Jonathan Ross, on 14th May I believe. His new album rocked.
And here we are in 2023. Once again, there is a feeling that Morrissey wants to be back. He has a great new album. He is about to record another. And yet BOT is currently described as lost. Tragic. Was this one of Moz´s best lyrics ever?

It is an interesting use of that photo. There was a real feeling in 2004 that Morrissey was back. He had just appeared on a primetime BBC chat show with Jonathan Ross, on 14th May I believe. His new album rocked.
And here we are in 2023. Once again, there is a feeling that Morrissey wants to be back. He has a great new album. He is about to record another. And yet BOT is currently described as lost. Tragic. Was this one of Moz´s best lyrics ever?

Yes, the 2002 live Quarry success to reappear in 2004 for the only "proper" (filmed - thank you Bucky Fukumoto) UK gig that year was wonderful. So was someone handing me a packet of badges saying: "you dropped these mate".
My gig report at the time was woefully brief (well, a couple of sentences).
Too busy enjoying The Headmaster Ritual.
The poster looks great IMHO.
Regards,
FWD.

It is an interesting use of that photo.
Some people take issue with him using his younger pictures. He is at perfect liberty to choose whichever photograph he wants to use on his posters, it is him after all, but I just don't understand why he doesn't use a more recent one. It's not as if [obligatory lyric reference] the nation is going to turn its back and gag [/obligatory lyric reference].

I believe that these posters serve -in a way- like career landmarks. It's impossible to go back in say, "Oh, yeah. This is from 2023!" in 10- or 20-years' time. If he doesn't want to use a recent one, then he should go on picking up other images. Like Billy Halop. That poster will always remind me of his 2022 UK tour. But any photograph from 2004 or 2006 will just fall flat. No memory will attach itself; it is bygone.

@gashonthenail I felt like a sleazy journalist, clipping your comment. Sorry.

Some people take issue with him using his younger pictures. He is at perfect liberty to choose whichever photograph he wants to use on his posters, it is him after all, but I just don't understand why he doesn't use a more recent one. It's not as if [obligatory lyric reference] the nation is going to turn its back and gag [/obligatory lyric reference].

I believe that these posters serve -in a way- like career landmarks. It's impossible to go back in say, "Oh, yeah. This is from 2023!" in 10- or 20-years' time. If he doesn't want to use a recent one, then he should go on picking up other images. Like Billy Halop. That poster will always remind me of his 2022 UK tour. But any photograph from 2004 or 2006 will just fall flat. No memory will attach itself; it is bygone.

I think so too. He really can use recent ones, it's not that he is hideous nowadays and I don't think anyone has said so (on the contrary, a lot of people have said he looks good for his age). But of course, if he doesn't want it, that's his decision. But you're right in pointing out, that these posters serve as memories and landmarks. I really liked the recent UK one as a memory of this specific tour. Using photos that are that old is just confusing and it's a forgettable poster because THAT guy on the poster certainly won't show up.

Last edited:

It would be like the Rolling Stones advertising their 1981 Tattoo You tour--18 years in the biz with a poster from when they formed the band, pre British invasion...it is just f***ing weird, okay.

I remember that tour vividly. It was a long time ago. I remember thinking how great it was that he was somewhat relevant again at the age of 45! Tour posters and album covers should always, always, always reflect time and space.

It looks staged because it was staged. Morrissey was literally on stage of the Manchester Arena, performing a gig on his birthday, 22nd May 2004.
woah there luxo,trying to be clever,and slightly succeeding,being on-stage doesnt quite mean staged.call it a draw

The photo was taken by a professional photographer attending the gig (Yui Mok).
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
tour
Back
Top Bottom