GLASGOW BARROWLANDS

J

Johnny

There is a God! Just got my tickets for the Barrowlands gig! If there is a better venue to see Moz in the U.K I have not heard of it or been in it.
It is a legendary venue with a very low ceiling and the sound just bounces off the walls.
I had the great pleasure of seeing The Smiths perform there twice Amazing nights.
I cannot believe that November has just Spawned a Moz Tour(groan)!!

Barrowlands

I love it there too, it's where my parents met (and my mother's parents too - so I guess that's why I'm here). I saw him there in 1995 but have decided not to go this time, I'm going to Brixton instead... hope you ALL have a great time at the legendary Barrowlands!

Another reason why I love the place is this sign - a little piece of Vegas in Glasgow...

cballroom4.jpg

Re: Barrowlands

> I love it there too, it's where my parents met (and my mother's parents
> too - so I guess that's why I'm here). I saw him there in 1995 but have
> decided not to go this time, I'm going to Brixton instead... hope you ALL
> have a great time at the legendary Barrowlands!

> Another reason why I love the place is this sign - a little piece of Vegas
> in Glasgow...

Oh Janie what a sweet if somewhat worrying tale.Apparently the Barrowlands was the favourite haunt of the Glasgow knife gangs of the 50's and 60's:)
Still I'll take my chances and after your romantic tale who knows ...there may be hope for me yet.

Forget the gangs - what about Bible John for feks sake!!

> Forget the gangs - what about Bible John for feks sake!!

Goodness yes! He got his victims from there.Jimmy Boyle was another regular.

Well I am a classy lady, what can I say... I owe my existence to the place where Bible John found his victims and the gangsters used to hang out!! And there are stars on the ceiling... it is totally legendary. Enjoy!

> Well I am a classy lady, what can I say... I owe my existence to the place
> where Bible John found his victims and the gangsters used to hang out!!
> And there are stars on the ceiling... it is totally legendary. Enjoy!

Absolutely! Anyone named after a Clash song must ooze class:)

Back
Top Bottom