"I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me" - One-Way Song imagines unreleased song

From One-Way Song:

We are a young Manchester group 'One-Way Song'.

While perusing on this site through unreleased Morrissey songs the title "I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me" particularly struck us, hence we penned this song "When I Was Bully" to imagine, through our own sound, what Morrissey may have done with that title. We hope it stands as a humble but original and creative tribute to Morrissey.

The video for the resultant song can be viewed here, filmed in Manchester:

The lyrics are here:

'Watching the world burn
I once was so moral in my immoral way
my cold Irish heart had a name
When I Was Bully

"Every-time I moved, I'd quash something"
said loathsome

There are diseases, worse yes than diseases
aches which don't even ache in one's soul
my cold Manchester heart had a name
When I Was Bully

Every-time I moved, I'd quash something loathsome
for you!

As the bombs get bigger
but the brains they burn stay the same
despite every threesome, I'm still an infant prodigy
my cold orphan heart had a name
When I Was Bully

...I could have stopped it all,
I could have stopped it all
When I Was Bully".

I liked that,music is quite atmospheric.anyone who writes anything deserves respect because you are doing it and we are not.hope things go well for you in the future.

Thank you for posting this here. Knowing full well that swimming with sharks can be hazardous to your health...or ego around these parts. I found myself waiting for a crescendo that never came, which I found to be surprising and in the end wonderfully missing.

The greatest compliment I can give is that I pictured Morrissey's full, rich voice emoting these lyrics over this as Gordy put it..atmospheric..music and it made me happy...so thank you for that and good luck with your music.

It's not bad at all and the tune is ok.
That said, lyrically, imho it's trying just a bit too hard.
There's a fine line between 'inspired by' and overly demonstrating a connection with your inspiration.
It's much akin to someone writing a Smiths-like song that references shyness, iron bridges, the Queen et al.
I readily support aspiring musicians and would just suggest a mild reduction in the striving for a Moz-like tone to make it more 'humble and creative' (and yes, I'm aware of the motivation for making it in the first place :)). I'd like to hear some other tracks too.
Kind regards,
FWD

Hmmm ! It didn't work for me ! BUT ! You are young and you have talent so my advice is calm down, In the writing process keep it simple with an acoustic guitar. The public want the next big wow so imagine you're a chef in a kitchen with a mixing bowl ! A pinch of this and a pinch of that to create your own sound.
Write poems and keep notes at all times.
Keep up the good work

Benny-the-British-Butcher flag/knife

Back
Top Bottom