Is Morrissey making your relationship hard?

I'm so glad that I've found the best boyfriend for me ever!!
We are both loving Morrissey, and he understands it when I mention him in every second sentence. He also dresses like Morrissey, but I told him not to change his haircut into Morrissey's. :D We also try to find Gucci clothes, because I've read that Morrissey's definitely into that. This eau de toilette "GUCCI pour homme" is smelling so good!!!

By the way, has anybody heard of "Morrissey loving Gucci things", too? :confused:

But for all the girls out there: MY MAN BELONGS ONLY TO ME! :D

But I can't imagine that there are many partners like that... who understands our love to this artist.

you both need help.

No, and I can't see why it should if your'e with the right person. I think most problems people have described are borne out of one or both partner's insecurities. Where is the love trust and respect in your relationships? If it isn't there get out of it!
I love Moz, my husband doesn't but it's all good with him.
My husband loves Blackburn Rovers and I don't but it's all good with me.

Unless Moz fans are putting unreasonable requests on their partners (like insisting they wear a Moz mask whilstt making love) or are unhappy because the Moz appreciation is not mutual there definately should not be a problem in a well functioning relationship.

My conversation is usually peppered with moz references. It's frustrating when people do not get them!

It's a sick world when just because someone is in a band they are automatically better than a well read, vegan morrissey fan who is a hopeless romantic at heart. Nice to know people would rather 'go on tour' and have horrible, grotty sex in the back of a bus than spend candle lit nights watching old movies, possible with clarke gable.

<3 :o :)

No, and I can't see why it should if your'e with the right person. I think most problems people have described are borne out of one or both partner's insecurities. Where is the love trust and respect in your relationships? If it isn't there get out of it!
I love Moz, my husband doesn't but it's all good with him.
My husband loves Blackburn Rovers and I don't but it's all good with me.

Unless Moz fans are putting unreasonable requests on their partners (like insisting they wear a Moz mask whilstt making love) or are unhappy because the Moz appreciation is not mutual there definately should not be a problem in a well functioning relationship.

well said

i tease my boyfriend from time to time with silly morrissey jokes, sometimes he seems a little hurt. the sad thing, though, is that he's the one that got me into morrissey and now he's kinda over him because i became infatuated...however i think its silly to let something like that get in the way of a relationship that can consist of so much more. he definately gets annoyed though and sometimes i wish he felt the same way as i did...

Well, that's why I don't know what to do, because I might dump my current boyfriend and I might soon after find a good looking, witty, mature, sensitive, and intelligent man, but the key is: Would that guy love me all-proof as unconditionally, faithfully and beyond everything as my boyfriend?

Sadly, considering my experience, and for what I've seen with my girl friends, many men can be gorgeous in every way, but they are by nature liars and unfaithful... That's their nature (especially here in Chile) and finding a specimen who's the exception, as my boyfriend is, to that rule is in my opinion almost impossible.

Ceci,I am inclined to agree about the unfaithful bit.I have four brothers and all at some point have cheated on their wives or partners.Infact every single male family member i have has and all the men i have known.

Morrissey is our obsession..but that is all he can ever be....unrequited love for someone we can never have is always painful..but that is partly why its so sweet.

There are exceptions to the rule no doubt but our expectations of people will always fall short.I sound like an old cynic but life`s taught me to look only to yourself for happiness and rely only on yourself.I live with someone but we have not been a couple for many years.We live under the same roof for our childrens sake,which may be wrong ,who knows.We do what we think is right.

I will never ever "have" Morrissey,ofcourse i know this.(no doubt the poor sod would run a mile anyway:rolleyes: )And i very much doubt there is anyone quite like him anywhere.And thats the reason we all love the guy.Viv Moz!!!!!!!!!

Ceci,I am inclined to agree about the unfaithful bit.I have four brothers and all at some point have cheated on their wives or partners.Infact every single male family member i have has and all the men i have known.

Morrissey is our obsession..but that is all he can ever be....unrequited love for someone we can never have is always painful..but that is partly why its so sweet.

There are exceptions to the rule no doubt but our expectations of people will always fall short.I sound like an old cynic but life`s taught me to look only to yourself for happiness and rely only on yourself.I live with someone but we have not been a couple for many years.We live under the same roof for our childrens sake,which may be wrong ,who knows.We do what we think is right.

I will never ever "have" Morrissey,ofcourse i know this.(no doubt the poor sod would run a mile anyway:rolleyes: )And i very much doubt there is anyone quite like him anywhere.And thats the reason we all love the guy.Viv Moz!!!!!!!!!

Do most relationships end in a state of convenience?

Too many people live their life settling for second best. Like me.

Oh and women cheat as well. Just they're slags when they do it and men are regarded as a cliche when they do.

My conversation is usually peppered with moz references. It's frustrating when people do not get them!

haha I feel the same way! I often find myself stopping short of saying the references out loud, just because I know certain people won't get them.

Thank God I have one Moz friend who understands!!!

I guess that I'm very lucky to have a woman who loves Morrissey almost as much as I do, with loves and hates and passions just like mine. I don't think that I could be with someone who was so anti-Mozza, it just seems like a silly insecurity over something that would obviously never happen. You're not going to run into him at the supermarket, go out for drinks, and run away with one another. It's highly unlikely at least. But juuuuust maybe...

When I was married, which ended about four years ago,
I think the last ten were just holding onto lost hope and a lost cause,
my ex was not impressed with the Morrissey situation and as
the marriage situation got worse the Morrissey situation
got more intense. In other words my ex was quite jealous of Morrissey.
But I would never say that Morrissey had anything at all to do with my
marriage ending. It was just something to escape with because I was having a shit of a time with a boring, lazy bastard who just wanting a mother substitute to look after him.......
I had to have something nice to think about.
Anyway the last two boyfriends were a bit jealous of Morrissey as well,
but they wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Well I suppose I'm a lucky man. My wife of 18 years loves Morrissey as well, she was by my side the day I met him in Manchester, but she never uttered a word to him. We both got into The Smiths very early on and things really haven't changed too much. She does question Moz occasionally and has even said he should keep his mouth shut from time to time. One thing that I think she opposes is the amount of time I spend on this site. So no, Morrissey certainly does not make my relationship hard, lucky man, eh? :D

Oh dear Hellie... It is incredible how I'm realizing that I'm not the only one... I'm so sorry for what you have to live because I guess is pretty much like living in a prison and the price for that is forgetting yourself... According to my experience, I don't know if it's healthy for children seeing their parents arguing or fighting all the time, or ignoring themselves because then they will most likely repeat the pattern in their own relationships... It would be much fairer for you trying to rebuild your own life... Your kids will understand... As a daughter of divorced parents I can tell you it was a most harsh experience before they splitted up, but then despite the pain I know there were no other escape... Anyway it's so so so so diffficult to leave when one is sooooo used and accostumed to live in the same place with someone for many years.

I wonder what would Morrissey think of this... Our love for him saves us and also make us feel inconvinient things for third persons... These are strong confessions. May our lives take the right path at the right time.

My wife hates Moz, says his music is dreary, doesn't like him personally (or at least his public persona), & can't understand my obsession with him & his music.

Oh well, just goes to prove that opposites attract!

what woofter lets their relationship go to bad because morrissey the poofter, morrissey fans should be hung like saddam.

to answer the question of the thread...Morrissey has gained me a great new friendship who found me on this board as a fellow person going to the Austin show...we hung out last weekend and we're gonna hang out tomorrow so hello to that very awesome gal out there from you pal trey!!!

you`ve......WHAAAAAT???

Robby likes to pretend he's killed people when he was in special ops.

It's pretty f***ed up but if you just ignore it he's bound to stop eventually. The thing he doesn't realise is that somebody who had killed people wouldn't be so comfortable about it that they talked about it on Morrissey forums, unless they were full on hatstand insane, in which case, they'd spend their time elsewhere.

Sad really.

Back
Top Bottom