Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for pointing that out the profile picture - that is actually very funny! Especially as it's something the press can't really use without explanation.
Must have changed it back quickly though, it's back to normal.

Hi, in the interest of full disclosure, I registered, formerly Johnny who?

It's all shitlibs can ever think to do whenever they are in conflict with someone, refer to them as Trump. Wow, how original. Moz takes the time to come up with cross-eyed extraterrestrials and the best Johnny can do is 'Trump?' That's some weak tea man.
Shitlibs have no sense of humor or irony....which makes their art usually tedious and predictable. Johnny Marr now reduced to signaling for the wine moms.

Nothing Johnny Marr has done post-Smiths is memorable of interesting. Meanwhile I can still sing all the words to "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" and marvel that the last living true icon is singing it.

I am not really sure why people are wanting to compare careers fron 2013 to now even tho Moz is still doing better by any objective standard
Moz has still had achievements Johnny never will
It's probably a better measure to compare the first 10 years of each solo career, if you want to count Johnny's from 2013 to now

I am not really sure why people are wanting to compare careers fron 2013 to now even tho Moz is still doing better by any objective standard
Moz has still had achievements Johnny never will
It's probably a better measure to compare the first 10 years of each solo career, if you want to count Johnny's from 2013 to now
But why must we compare them? Morrissey has done one thing consistently while Marr has done a dozen different things. They are different, let it go.

But why must we compare them? Morrissey has done one thing consistently while Marr has done a dozen different things. They are different, let it go.

Yes, they are different, as in Johnny is inferior in every way that counts, he knows it and his insecurity has driven him to obsessive madness.

The truth is, there is no comparison so people have to downplay what Morrissey achieved and continues to achieve, or pull out the right wing nonsense like Marr did when he stumbled over his own tongue like he usually does, trying to reply to Morrissey.

It's all just quite sad. I love them both (as artists). The Smiths have always been, and will always be a central part of the soundtrack of my life, and were a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth. It would be nice if they could be friends at this stage, but it looks more unlikely than ever. I have no interest in attempted character assassinations of either.

That last follow up was just public confirmation of low IQ. Very sad. Someone take that ipad away already

:)

LePepe TALENTED??? WtF? that must have been the Pep asking himself using a fake username:lbf:

has anyone listened to his suco solo albums? its one song all the way through/ one long 3 hr exercise in sucking 🦨🥎🥎s

just unbelievable this sapheaddoh:
6o yrs old oooo but wait he IS GOING TO be
EXPOSED to an AUDIENCE at last by the "record company":lbf:

why doesnt he explain on twitter whats up with this DELAY
what exactly is this all about? whats going on? instead of talking to his own self explain this so called "DELAY"
⚡

:hammer:

Yes, they are different, as in Johnny is inferior in every way that counts, he knows it and his insecurity has driven him to obsessive madness.

The truth is, there is no comparison so people have to downplay what Morrissey achieved and continues to achieve, or pull out the right wing nonsense like Marr did when he stumbled over his own tongue like he usually does, trying to reply to Morrissey.
Very perceptive comment, in total agreement. It truly is like some kind of madness, but then again any sane person can immediately tell that Johnny can't sing or write coherent song lyrics, so reality in his house must have been thrown out the window many years ago. Morrissey's open letter has turned into a brilliant masterstroke, revealing the real Johnny in all of his shamelessness and long-simmering frustration.

Very perceptive comment, in total agreement. It truly is like some kind of madness, but then again any sane person can immediately tell that Johnny can't sing or write coherent song lyrics, so reality in his house must have been thrown out the window many years ago. Morrissey's open letter has turned into a brilliant masterstroke, revealing the real Johnny in all of his shamelessness and long-simmering frustration.
Thank you. It's very obvious Morrissey pushed a few buttons there, and he was smart about the way he did it. One polite response, and it seemed final. I agree it was brilliant.
Johnny has been going off about it one way or another for a week now, while Moz retains a dignified silence. Also, Johnny's moronic son jumped in, this was way bigger in the Marr household than it was for Morrissey.
Johnny's solo work is just wretched, it doesn't garner enough interest for him to even tour on his own now, he has to be an opening act. Doubt there's a lot of money in that. If he does tour solo, the venues are small. I have some idea of what they pay having worked for a few bands before, and my father was a talent agent for many years.
Johnny is almost 60 and he will never, ever come close to the success he walked away from in his early 20s. 4 decades of regret must be a horrible thing to live with - so I would agree there is a long simmering frustration there, its obvious, he puts it out there.

Thank you. It's very obvious Morrissey pushed a few buttons there, and he was smart about the way he did it. One polite response, and it seemed final. I agree it was brilliant.
Johnny has been going off about it one way or another for a week now, while Moz retains a dignified silence. Also, Johnny's moronic son jumped in, this was way bigger in the Marr household than it was for Morrissey.
Johnny's solo work is just wretched, it doesn't garner enough interest for him to even tour on his own now, he has to be an opening act. Doubt there's a lot of money in that. If he does tour solo, the venues are small. I have some idea of what they pay having worked for a few bands before, and my father was a talent agent for many years.
Johnny is almost 60 and he will never, ever come close to the success he walked away from in his early 20s. 4 decades of regret must be a horrible thing to live with - so I would agree there is a long simmering frustration there, its obvious, he puts it out there.
Morrissey’s dignified silence should have started before he wrote his open letter.

You keep mentioning money when talking about Marr, why are you bothered about what he earns, the guy is already a multi millionaire and is just doing what he enjoys. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom