Kim Tae-hyung of BTS spotted at a movie premiere in Seoul wearing an "interesting" T-shirt (April 24, 2023)

Global pop heartthrob Kim Tae-hyung of BTS spotted yesterday at a movie premiere in Seoul, wearing an "interesting" T-shirt...

kim.jpg

Also:

From: https://www.etsy.com/listing/285955471/morrissey-interesting-drug-1989-original

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point (maybe too strong a word) is that a guy from a band with 36 million monthly listeners on Spotify is wearing a Morrissey (1.8 million monthly listeners) T-shirt. And if that nudges even 0.01% of BTS listeners to trying a Morrissey song in order to better understand the mind of their massive, massive crush then maybe that's not a bad thing?
That's a long bow ;)

I've heard that Taehyung likes old-time music, such as Bing Crosby. This video for his solo single (as V) Winter Bear has James Dean vibes, I think.

So some guy who makes seriously shit music is wearing a Morrissey T shirt?
Well, if you knew anything about Taehyung, he is a massive music fan. He is consistently introducing his fans to an eclectic mix of music. He respects good music. He's not claiming to be on level with them. He's too humble for that. He suits his time and place in the world. Music is mostly dead, but at least he's trying to make it better even if it won't be as good as the past.

Global pop heartthrob Kim Tae-hyung of BTS spotted yesterday at a movie premiere in Seoul, wearing an "interesting" T-shirt...

View attachment 90643

Also:

From: https://www.etsy.com/listing/285955471/morrissey-interesting-drug-1989-original

full

That Tshirt is fire .

I think the point (maybe too strong a word) is that a guy from a band with 36 million monthly listeners on Spotify is wearing a Morrissey (1.8 million monthly listeners) T-shirt. And if that nudges even 0.01% of BTS listeners to trying a Morrissey song in order to better understand the mind of their massive, massive crush then maybe that's not a bad thing?

"Grabbed you buy the guilded beads. That's what tradition means "
That's what it's all about. M learned from Bowie and Bolan and Ray Davis and we learned from M
Sometimes Sam's (or M's) insistence on mentioning any M reference, no matter how small, is kinda annoying. This cat. Fecking is cool though. and his Tshirt is fire . Some of ny daughters friends are big fans.
Im not sure it will make make much difference to Ms career It's certainly not gonna get his records released. Speaking of which I was really hoping we would hear some news on that score by now .

Well, if you knew anything about Taehyung, he is a massive music fan. He is consistently introducing his fans to an eclectic mix of music. He respects good music. He's not claiming to be on level with them. He's too humble for that. He suits his time and place in the world. Music is mostly dead, but at least he's trying to make it better even if it won't be as good as the past.
I don't listen to shit music so I'll be okay not knowing anything about this K pop singer.

Hmm, very uncommon shirt. Interesting indeed.

I don't listen to shit music so I'll be okay not knowing anything about this K pop singer.
Well he doesn't know who you are either so it's all good.

He wore a Jacket over it.... and no fan could ever figure out what was on that T shirt....

"Grabbed you buy the guilded beads. That's what tradition means "
That's what it's all about. M learned from Bowie and Bolan and Ray Davis and we learned from M
Sometimes Sam's (or M's) insistence on mentioning any M reference, no matter how small, is kinda annoying. This cat. Fecking is cool though. and his Tshirt is fire . Some of ny daughters friends are big fans.
Im not sure it will make make much difference to Ms career It's certainly not gonna get his records released. Speaking of which I was really hoping we would hear some news on that score by now .
I enjoy your down-with-the-kids lingo. Re. the song quote, otherwise dope in its usage, it's beams rather than beads, about which long discussion can be found on the often illuminating or at least thought-provoking songmeanings.com e.g.

"The archaic spelling, to me at lest, implies a reference to an archaic source. The phrase (or a variation of the phrase) "guilded beams" seems fairly common in 16th and 17th century English Poetry. Guilded beams (as in beams of light, not architectural) are the golden rays of greatness and/or light that emanate from the sun. In this song I think it is a reference specifically to 'A Hymn of the Nativity, sung by the Shepherds' by Richard Crashaw. It goes: Welcome—tho' not to those gay flies, Guilded i' th' beams of earthly kings, Slippery souls in smiling eyes— To me Morrissey's perversion of the original meaning of these few lines fits perfectly with the ironic treatment of language, religion, and sexuality present in 'I Started Something I Couldn't Finish' and in Moz's lyrics generally. More context, such as Crashaw's anti-Catholic feelings can be found on wikipedia and the full poem is available all over the web..."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom