Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The man is far from that, let me tell you. He stood his ground along with others who kept the Hacienda operational in the face of personal death threats from some very serious gangsters in the early 90’s. Dave was threatened and carried on.

Death threats?:rolleyes:
Really? From who a jabo? Hooligans? Gary Oldman?:crazy:

I guess for me the racism issue arises when you have people who only talk about Islam and listening to them you'd think they were big into women's rights or gay rights or victims of sexual abuse but when it comes down to it these people don't give a f*** about any of those things, it's just the Pakistani's and Africans they don't like.

Morrissey's the perfect example, celebrity nonces are just clumsy romantics to him. When a white terrorist goes on the rampage he makes a point about it being no worse than what happens in KFC every day. I don't remember him ever having a point on all the peadophile rings filled with white guys.

You can have a conversation with some right wingers on here about immigration or Islam but it always gets derailed by the f***wits.

The fact is when enough resources are thrown at something people will buy into it. You talk about the referendum, all I can remember is wall to wall bullshit from both sides in the media. I don't know how the magical left were responsible for that.

WTF?? people who talk about Islam dont give a F about "any of those things?" How do you know?
Have you met and examined everybody who 'talks about the" STUPID "Islam"?
Just because a couple of people say X you cant judge the entire an entire class!!!! Thats being a BIGOT, Chezz
get with it:straightface:

merkel on the guillotine
The 'elites' thrive on divide and rule. They've got one section of society blaming Muslims and immigrants for everthing, another blaming the poor for everything and section of those blaming the poor, Muslims and Immigrants for everything while also blaming lefties who frankly hold no power over anything whatsover and haven't for decades.

Meanwhile the 'elites' keep coining it through the big wealth grab of austerity and our thick, distracted population will no doubt vote to take it up the arse again when next asked while we lose out further because we voted out of the EU because we don't like Pakistanis.
The elites think of people as pawns on a chess board. Move millions from dead economies to live ones and we'll have more money in the coffers. They are not interested in the social or cultural result, only the economic one - it's all that matters. If the mass moving of Africans/Arabs/Asians into Europe for cheap labour means rich people becoming richer, then so be it, bring it on!
What if it upsets the people who already live there? What if it makes society more alienated and less trusting overall (ie I'm not paying taxes for a family of Somalians who doss about on benefits f***ing all day and having ten children)? Well, to the elites, this makes it easier to abolish welfare completely (clapping hands together in glee).
What if the whole idea makes for an unsettled, high-crime, angry, pissed off ghettoised society?
Not our problem. We'll be in our gated communities. Let the police deal with it.
The concerns of the indigenous, or the working class, or the patriotic, mean nothing to the elites. All their concerns can easily be brushed off with accusations of racism and guilt-tripping about humanitarianism (we're all one race, do you think you're better than other races? how dare you. There is no society, we're all equal individuals etc) ie total hypocrisy. And what's more, they have the mugs on the left doing the vocal policing for them!

Last edited:
merkel on the guillotine

The elites think of people as pawns on a chess board. Move millions from dead economies to live ones we'll have more money in the coffers. They are not interested in the social or cultural result, only the economic one - it's all that matters. If the mass moving of Africans/Arabs/Asians into Europe for cheap labour means rich people becoming richer, then so be it, bring it on!
What if it upsets the people who already live there? What if it makes society more alienated and less trusting overall (ie I'm not paying taxes so a family of Somalians who doss about on benefits f***ing all day and having ten children)? Well, to the elites, this makes it easier to abolish welfare completely (clapping together hands together in glee).
What if the whole idea makes for an unsettled, high-crime, angry, pissed off society?
Not our problem. We'll be in our gated communities. Let the police deal with it.
The concerns of the indigenous, or the working class, or the patriotic, mean nothing to the elites. All their concerns can easily be brushed off with accusations of racism and guilt-tripping about humanitarianism (we're all one race, do you think you're better than other races? how dare you. There is no society, we're all equal individuals etc) ie total hypocrisy. And what's more, they have the mugs on the left doing the vocal policing for them!
I don't blame Muslims, they'll never change (not the foreseeable future anyway). Or migrants of whatever origin. I blame the people who put them here for their own selfish and greedy reasons.

Loving music hating racism is what Morrissey will be doing in Manchester - July 8th

fixed it !

:D

no problem.

:tiphat:

merkel on the guillotine

The elites think of people as pawns on a chess board. Move millions from dead economies to live ones we'll have more money in the coffers. They are not interested in the social or cultural result, only the economic one - it's all that matters. If the mass moving of Africans/Arabs/Asians into Europe for cheap labour means rich people becoming richer, then so be it, bring it on!
What if it upsets the people who already live there? What if it makes society more alienated and less trusting overall (ie I'm not paying taxes so a family of Somalians who doss about on benefits f***ing all day and having ten children)? Well, to the elites, this makes it easier to abolish welfare completely (clapping together hands together in glee).
What if the whole idea makes for an unsettled, high-crime, angry, pissed off society?

While not dismissing your concerns, I have no stats for Somalians claiming benefits or any other outside group to look into, there are so many parts to divide and rule and I would argue the immigration aspect of divide and rule is a tool of distraction in order to deflect blame. Like I said before, an underclass has been created to shit the middle classes up and an immigrant population has been targetted for the problems with the NHS and housing when in truth the NHS is chock full of immigrant workers and the short comings in the NHS and housing are multi-layered - such as a lack of funding, a lack of building, an aging population, the idea that houses are for profit not for living in and so on. The story told to us is that immigrants mean you can't have health care or housing. I understand how the bastards work and it's important to not just go 'it's immigrants to blame innit'.

As for the cultural aspect, I can only speak for where I live and it's OK here. We've got some problems, stabby kids for example, but that isn't the immigrant population. I don't know what makes here different to say Bedford but we just tend to get along and where I live is absolutely English despite there being a mixed population including shitloads of foreign students. What happened in other cities that made people seperate?

The man is far from that, let me tell you. He stood his ground along with others who kept the Hacienda operational in the face of personal death threats from some very serious gangsters in the early 90’s. Dave was threatened and carried on.

Yes he did, the Hacienda was f***ing brutal at that time, infested by gun toting drug dealers.

Security was frequently a problem, particularly in the club's latter years. There were several shootings inside and outside the club, and relations with the police and licensing authorities became troubled. When local magistrates and police visited the club in 1997, they witnessed a near-fatal assault on a man in the streets outside when 18-year-old Andrew Delahunty was hit over the head from behind with what looked like a metal bar before being pushed into the path of an on-coming car.[14]

Last edited:
While not dismissing your concerns, I have no stats for Somalians claiming benefits or any other outside group to look into, there are so many parts to divide and rule and I would argue the immigration aspect of divide and rule is a tool of distraction in order to deflect blame. Like I said before, an underclass has been created to shit the middle classes up and an immigrant population has been targetted for the problems with the NHS and housing when in truth the NHS is chock full of immigrant workers and the short comings in the NHS and housing are multi-layered - such as a lack of funding, a lack of building, an aging population, the idea that houses are for profit not for living in and so on. The story told to us is that immigrants mean you can't have health care or housing. I understand how the bastards work and it's important to not just go 'it's immigrants to blame innit'.

As for the cultural aspect, I can only speak for where I live and it's OK here. We've got some problems, stabby kids for example, but that isn't the immigrant population. I don't know what makes here different to say Bedford but we just tend to get along and where I live is absolutely English despite there being a mixed population including shitloads of foreign students. What happened in other cities that made people seperate?
When the balance tips things change big time. London was 45% white in 2011 census - and loads of people including me never even filled out a census form. In reality the number is probably now 25%. They say London is one of the most diverse places, yet they've done studies and found that friendwise most people in London stick to their own ethnic groups. In fact you don't need a study to notice that. Blacks hang with blacks, Muslims with Muslims, whites with whites. People group in their own areas too - for example, when black immigrants begin to move into a mostly white area, the whites flee fast. They find gangs of blacks too intimidating and their types of crime too hard to deal with. The same for when Muslims move en masse into an area. Whites (even those who are virulently anti racist) have euphemisms like, it's gone down round here, or it's getting too shitty around here - and they move. I've witnessed this my whole life. Areas change also because people fresh off the boat are given priority social housing - fact. Whole estates change fast. Don't believe me? Look into it. At least one in five council flats in London are occupied by fresh foreign nationals (if that's the official figure then double or triple it) while whites are told to go private or get the f*** out of London because you obviously can't afford it anymore - but I'm a Londoner, I was born here, all my relatives are here - not interested, you're a working class chav irritant, you're a member of the past, now goodbye. That's how it works in London - why the white working class is virtually extinct now in London and has been forced out to shitty commuter towns.
There's a big denial about the natural (not evil) alienation that mass immigration causes, and this is always dismissed by those in power left and right as racist and non-humanitarian. Which of course is bullshit and they know it.
Only when massive immigration hits your area like a flood (which it will at some point, big time, bigger than ever, because the UN has big plans for our little nation) will you see with your own eyes what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

They can’t be that serious of gangsters if all they do is threaten with no follow through...

When the balance tips things change big time. London was 45% white in 2011 census - and loads of people including me never even filled out a census form. In reality the number is probably now 25% (in reality). Now, they say London is one of the most diverse places, yet they've done studies and found that friendwise most people in London stick to their own ethnic groups. In fact you don't need a study to notice that. Blacks hang with blacks, Muslims with Muslims, whites with whites. People group in their own areas too - for example, when black immigrants begin to move into a mostly white area, the whites flee fast. They find gangs of blacks too intimidating and their types of crime too hard to deal with. The same for when Muslims move en masse into an area. Whites (even those who are virulently anti racist) have euphemisms like, it's gone down round here, or it's getting too shitty around here - and they move. I've witnessed this my whole life. Areas change also because people fresh off the boat are given priority social housing - fact. Whole estates change fast. Don't believe me? Look into it. At least one in five council flats in London are occupied by fresh foreign nationals (if that's the official figure then double or triple it) while whites are told to go private or get the f*** out of London because you obviously can't afford it anymore - but I'm a Londoner, I was born here, all my relatives are here - not interested, you're a working class chav irritant, you're a member of the past, now goodbye. That's how it works in London - why the white working class is virtually extinct now in London and has been forced out to shitty commuter towns.
There's a big denial about the natural (not evil) alienation that mass immigration causes, and this is always dismissed by those in power left and right as racist and non-humanitarian. Which of course is bullshit and they know it.
Only when massive immigration hits your area like a flood (which it will at some point, big time, bigger than ever, because the UN has big plans for our little nation) will you see with your own eyes what I'm talking about.

I am sad for you. You don't give away pearls to swine. Who said that once? It wasn't Allah.

When the balance tips things change big time. London was 45% white in 2011 census - and loads of people including me never even filled out a census form. In reality the number is probably now 25% (in reality). Now, they say London is one of the most diverse places, yet they've done studies and found that friendwise most people in London stick to their own ethnic groups. In fact you don't need a study to notice that. Blacks hang with blacks, Muslims with Muslims, whites with whites. People group in their own areas too - for example, when black immigrants begin to move into a mostly white area, the whites flee fast. They find gangs of blacks too intimidating and their types of crime too hard to deal with. The same for when Muslims move en masse into an area. Whites (even those who are virulently anti racist) have euphemisms like, it's gone down round here, or it's getting too shitty around here - and they move. I've witnessed this my whole life. Areas change also because people fresh off the boat are given priority social housing - fact. Whole estates change fast. Don't believe me? Look into it. At least one in five council flats in London are occupied by fresh foreign nationals (if that's the official figure then double or triple it) while whites are told to go private or get the f*** out of London because you obviously can't afford it anymore - but I'm a Londoner, I was born here, all my relatives are here - not interested, you're a working class chav irritant, you're a member of the past, now goodbye. That's how it works in London - why the white working class is virtually extinct now in London and has been forced out to shitty commuter towns.

If that is all true, why do you not feel anger at the lack of housing provided instead of anger at immigrants getting housing? You're knocking the left but it was always the left that opposed Thatcher's council house sell off, it's the left that has always demanded affordable housing and the left which recognises homes are for living first and foremost rather than to use as investments. You recognise that it's the likes of Thatcher, Blair and Cameron that have caused the problems with housing in London but are still blaming immigrants.

Take housing here, there are a few immigrant families in my village but they're mostly Europeans who came for specialized work, we have a big employer that requires a specific skill set. They have had zero impact on property prices though. A house here 30 years ago would have cost less than £10k and yet now they're £450k. Recently our local council were asked to formulate plans for a new property builds and said that the majority needs to be affordable to young people and young families. The county council came back with the idea that all of the houses should be more of what we have. It's ludicrous but it just reflects that house builds are heavily influenced by corruption and so houses here won't come down in price. It doesn't matter to those of us with a house but if you want to get one you'd better move elsewhere.

The only difference between us and you is it's obvious that we have no immigrants to blame for the shit housing situation, only politicians.

If that is all true, why do you not feel anger at the lack of housing provided instead of anger at immigrants getting housing? You're knocking the left but it was always the left that opposed Thatcher's council house sell off, it's the left that has always demanded affordable housing and the left which recognises homes are for living first and foremost rather than to use as investments. You recognise that it's the likes of Thatcher, Blair and Cameron that have caused the problems with housing in London but are still blaming immigrants.

Take housing here, there are a few immigrant families in my village but they're mostly Europeans who came for specialized work, we have a big employer that requires a specific skill set. They have had zero impact on property prices though. A house here 30 years ago would have cost less than £10k and yet now they're £450k. Recently our local council were asked to formulate plans for a new property builds and said that the majority needs to be affordable to young people and young families. The county council came back with the idea that all of the houses should be more of what we have. It's ludicrous but it just reflects that house builds are heavily influenced by corruption and so houses here won't come down in price. It doesn't matter to those of us with a house but if you want to get one you'd better move elsewhere.

The only difference between us and you is it's obvious that we have no immigrants to blame for the shit housing situation, only politicians.
I'm not blaming immigrants. I'm blaming people in power left and right who want to replace us with them because they find them more easily exploitable i.e They don't complain, they will work for low wages and be grateful. A fully docile public. More violent perhaps but it's all mostly contained where the rich don't live so we'll let the police deal with it and who gives a stuff. In fact I have a theory that all this was planned after the union uprisings in the 70s/80s - f*** these people, they're too clever... Replace them!
Of course more social housing needs to be built, but not as a preparation for more immigrants.

Last edited:
I'm not blaming immigrants. I'm blaming people in power left and right who want to replace us with them because they find them more easily exploitable i.e They don't complain, they will work for low wages and be grateful. A fully docile public. More violent perhaps but it's all mostly contained where the rich don't live so we'll let the police deal with it and who gives a stuff. In fact I have a theory that all this was planned after the union uprisings in the 70s/80s - f*** these people, they're too clever... Replace them!
Of course more social housing needs to be built, but not as a preparation for more immigrants.

I think the working classes were f***ed from the off with the Union crushing, between 3 and 5 million were put out of work in order to keep us under control at the time and vast areas never recovered. When you couple that with the housing situation, the f***ing about with the education system, charging people over 9k per year to attend University so they can improve their lot, it's all there. Once you add industry all going overseas it's not a great picture. The powers that be basically created an underclass and left millions of others fearing becoming a part of it. A genius piece of crowd management really.

I think the working classes were f***ed from the off with the Union crushing, between 3 and 5 million were put out of work in order to keep us under control at the time and vast areas never recovered. When you couple that with the housing situation, the f***ing about with the education system, charging people over 9k per year to attend University so they can improve their lot, it's all there. Once you add industry all going overseas it's not a great picture. The powers that be basically created an underclass and left millions of others fearing becoming a part of it. A genius piece of crowd management really.

Whats the difference between Union Crushing and open borders, Chezz, dont be stupid.doh:
Mass Islamic immigration is going to alleviate the housing/job market??? Which commie
book exactly is that from?:crazy:

I just saw this and I feel they are going too far. I disagree with some of Morrissey views myself, but doing this is going against his persona as well and an attempt to ruin his life as both artist and persona. Why don't they do a protests against the politicians that are ruining this country? Why don't they protest against the actual government instead?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../dave-haslam-throws-positive-protest-14816923

Back
Top Bottom