Morrissey Central "Mexico City" - dengue infection will take 2-3 weeks to clear; tour to resume in Florida (September 10, 2023)

Looks like he caught Dengue Fever - all shows cancelled until Florida on 7 October. All South American dates cancelled.

Morrissey’s arrival in Mexico City has resulted in a dengue infection. The virus will take 2-3 weeks to clear.

The tour is set to resume in Florida.

Morrissey has not ‘cancelled’ any shows, but the infection makes the immediate two weeks impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the photo I "remember", here it is in a music blog by a very skilled and well-connected journalist from Brazil. It is in Portuguese and says that Morrissey was out and about in LA with Noel G and Russel B on July 23, 2013, a few days after the first gig in Lima should have happened (July 9):

One of the reader comments on the article (via GoogleTranslate):
"Normal. It won't be the first time, nor will it be the last time that someone cancels a tour here for reasons that aren't so "convincing". Metallica has already canceled a South American tour citing physical and mental exhaustion, and a week later they were playing in Japan. Let's stop idolizing these guys, let's listen to the songs, and that's it: they are people of flesh and blood, full of failures, just like everyone else."

the next time theres a world pandemic the media dont have to seek out scientists because all the knowledge they ever need is on here.

"Normal. It won't be the first time, nor will it be the last time that someone cancels a tour here for reasons that aren't so "convincing". Metallica has already canceled a South American tour citing physical and mental exhaustion, and a week later they were playing in Japan. Let's stop idolizing these guys, let's listen to the songs, and that's it: they are people of flesh and blood, full of failures, just like everyone else."
I'm sure that's very true. It must all be very disappointing for the thousands of fans in Mexico and South America who will miss an opportunity to see their hero sing live - especially as, let's face it, they may not get another, unless they have money to travel. Poor Latinos, they are the best audience in the world, the friendliest and the most generous people in the world, and deserve better.
Just to add - Paul McCartney is playing 7 dates in Brazil in November and December this year, and he's 81.

I'm sure that's very true. It must all be very disappointing for the thousands of fans in Mexico and South America who will miss an opportunity to see their hero sing live - especially as, let's face it, they may not get another, unless they have money to travel. Poor Latinos, they are the best audience in the world, the friendliest and the most generous people in the world, and deserve better.
Just to add - Paul McCartney is playing 7 dates in Brazil in November and December this year, and he's 81.
gash lets hold fire till saint paul has completed his 7 concerts.

I've heard it's not the REAL Macca. Apparently, there's about six of them.

the next time theres a world pandemic the media dont have to seek out scientists because all the knowledge they ever need is on here.
Nah they just contact you as you are always here. Always.
No chance you’ll catch dengue in Mexico at a concert, or anywhere else at a concert as you’ll be on here 😀

Amen to that!

Call me ignorant or stupid if you must, but I've never heard of dengue in my entire life. And I'm not young by any means.
Neither had Morrissey until he Googled "rare tropical fevers" whilst looking for an excuse to cover up his Covid.

Neither had Morrissey until he Googled "rare tropical fevers" whilst looking for an excuse to cover up his Covid.

why do you think he’d do that? He obviously believes it does exist, and it would be a far more convincing reason to cancel.

why do you think he’d do that? He obviously believes it does exist, and would be a far more convincing reason to cancel.
Mostly because it's Morrissey we're talking about. Strange, dramatic man in many ways.

I think this makes the most sense. He couldn't very well admit he had Covid after he'd made fun of it ("Con-vid" and that stupid "Chinese is nice" post). Covid you do need about two weeks to clear and it seems to be raging everywhere.

Mostly because it's Morrissey we're talking about. Strange, dramatic man in many ways.

But, why would you think he would try to cover up a Covid infection?

And yes it’s strange that anyone wouldn’t choose the more obvious of ‘Covid infection’, if one was looking for a reason to cancel an engagement these days.

Anyway, It seems there’s a belief on solo by some, that Morrissey doesn’t believe the Covid virus exists, which of course is not true.

Call me ignorant or stupid if you must, but I've never heard of dengue in my entire life. And I'm not young by any means.
You have clearly never visited the tropics much? Dengue is a concern across many part of the world. It's classified as a 'neglected tropical disease' because it primarily affects the poor and low-income countries, unlike diseases such as HIV and TB that also affect the developed world and get much more attention and research dollars.

I think this makes the most sense. He couldn't very well admit he had Covid after he'd made fun of it ("Con-vid" and that stupid "Chinese is nice" post). Covid you do need about two weeks to clear and it seems to be raging everywhere.

I don’t see how he was making fun of it with the choice of that word, and using someone else’s choice of words in a piece of art that became a Central post.

There’s no reason for him not to admit that he has Covid if that were the case. He does believe the virus exists.

Back
Top Bottom