Moby Compares Morrissey To A "Drunk Uncle" - Radio X

The Porcelain star has called some of the comments from the Smiths singer "weird" and "racist".

Excerpt:

Moby has lamented over some of Morrissey's views and compared him to a "drunk uncle".

The musician - whose real name is Richard Melville Hall - has revealed that while he likes some of the former Smith frontman's songs, he doesn't agree with his views.

Asked about the former Smiths frontman's recent controversial comments, the Porcelain star told the The Telegraph: "This reminds me of a Chris Rock skit, where he's talking about a weird drunk uncle.

"Everyone in the family is like, 'OK... we love him but he's gonna do something weird. Just stay away.'

"I don't know Morrissey. I liked The Smiths, I like some of his solo records, I appreciate that he's a vegan... but I kind of wish he would not say weird, racist things."

Last edited by a moderator:
I once spent a whole evening on the next table to Moby (Dick) in The Wolsley and trust me I’d have rather sat next to my drunken Uncle any day. He who judges most harshly absolutely shouldn’t lolol. Fact.

The Porcelain star has called some of the comments from the Smiths singer "weird" and "racist".

Excerpt:

Moby has lamented over some of Morrissey's views and compared him to a "drunk uncle".

The musician - whose real name is Richard Melville Hall - has revealed that while he likes some of the former Smith frontman's songs, he doesn't agree with his views.

Asked about the former Smiths frontman's recent controversial comments, the Porcelain star told the The Telegraph: "This reminds me of a Chris Rock skit, where he's talking about a weird drunk uncle.

"Everyone in the family is like, 'OK... we love him but he's gonna do something weird. Just stay away.'

"I don't know Morrissey. I liked The Smiths, I like some of his solo records, I appreciate that he's a vegan... but I kind of wish he would not say weird, racist things."

Why is it that he and Russel Mael are being asked about Morrissey in particular? Neither of them sat down to have an interview about morrissey I'm sure.

Reckon the good is Dick is for animal rights and a Vegan. The bad is he is just jealous because he can't afford Malibu like Uncle Steve and has to live in Los Feliz.

You apologist tube dwellers have a trite, thoughtless answer for everything, don’t you? Morrissey says something, you defend it at all cost. Someone thoughtfully responds and they’re a “troll” or a “dick”.

You exemplify the phrase, “It’s not the band I hate, it’s their fans.

Grow the f*** up.

theyr only weird and racist because he doesn't agree with them,moby hardly flavour of the month.

Moby is a skinhead and that Sparks guy looks like Hitler. Couldn't of picked two better celebrities to bleat on about racism.

Moby is a skinhead and that Sparks guy looks like Hitler. Couldn't of picked two better celebrities to bleat on about racism.

What the hell is wrong with being bald? Moby is not a skinhead its called male pattern baldness. Hes not out stomping in his doc martens you crank. Stop putting all bald people down!

Taking the piss out of people's looks (and somehow equating a shaved head or a pencil moustache to racism) is such a balanced and well thought-out point. Congratulations for winning the Internet today!

For Gods sake, Drama Johnny can at least pluck on the guitar:guitar: I have given him
credit for that, but this "Moby" dude cant even do that. He sucks monkey balls.:brows:
He is pretty much a moron.

The full Telegraph article is 'premium' - so chopped out the full relevant bits:

"He sees his animal rights activism as his day job. All the profits from Everything Was Beautiful… will go to animal welfare charities, as they do from his vegan restaurant, Little Pine. Has he read the latest interview from music’s other high-profile vegan, Morrissey? The singer was recently quoted as saying: “Halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isil.”

“Yeah…” murmurs Moby. “This reminds me of a Chris Rock skit, where he’s talking about a weird drunk uncle. Everyone in the family is like, ‘OK… we love him but he’s gonna do something weird. Just stay away.’”

He sighs. “I don’t know Morrissey. I liked The Smiths, I like some of his solo records, I appreciate that he’s a vegan… but I kind of wish he would not say weird, racist things.”

Does he think he’ll ever tour again? It seems not. Moby is friendly with Peter Hook, and when the Mancunian bass player plays in Los Angeles, he occasionally joins “Hooky” on stage.

“Even sitting backstage for someone else’s tour made me never want to go on tour again. I toured for such a long time. There are so many other things to do in life. To stay home and to go hiking and have dinner with my friends and to work on politics and activism and music, and sleep in my own bed and wake up every morning and make a smoothie…

“None of that is lucrative,” he shrugs. “But it’s so much more satisfying.”

Hooky included for the NO fans :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Not so much a drunk uncle but,

Your father cracks a joke
And in the usual way
Empties the room

Moby is a dick

I guess he asked for that one when he chose his stage name. A masochistic moment perhaps.

So basically now any singer is going to be pressed by the press to comment on what Morrissey said. With the journalists' help even the most non committal, bored answers will land their authors on the:banned: list! Oh noOoO !!!

:drama::drama::drama:

Moby tried to single out M&M years ago for misogeny or violence in his lyrics and M&M hit back hard very publicly at an awards show. You would think he would have learned then to cool it with the public shaming.
He is the trophy winning douchebag of the universe. Happy Birthday Mozzerino. Big Kiss. Call Johnny soon. He loves and understands you. Like me.

Back
Top Bottom