More UK Dates - Band line up - from TTY

If you're after more than one, people on here normally buy extra tickets to swap with other people, so do a deal with someone if you're worried you won't get any.

ahh thanks! I just need two tickets for Boro, I remember Ticketmaster sold out for York before 9am somehow!

The band lineup made my heart vomit a little bit...

I wonder if there were any U2 fans turned up on their last tour & thought, 'No Line On The Horizon wasn't very good, they should get rid of Adam Clayton, that would help.'

Moz's band is Moz's band, if people don't like it they are perfectly free not to purchase tickets. In fact it might give different people a chance to go see him.

I wonder if there were any U2 fans turned up on their last tour & thought, 'No Line On The Horizon wasn't very good, they should get rid of Adam Clayton, that would help.'

Moz's band is Moz's band, if people don't like it they are perfectly free not to purchase tickets. In fact it might give different people a chance to go see him.

Amen-Sister.jpg

If you don't like the band or the singer, then don't buy tickets to the gigs and stop buying the albums.
The people who buy his stuff and tickets even when they (pretend they) don't like him/the band are just prolonging their own agony. If new record sales plummet even more and tickets don't sell out so quickly then he is more likely to think about changing some things.

That is just a dumb thing to say...for multiple reasons.

U2 is a band...Morrissey is a solo artist backed by a band. Big difference.

Purchase all the tickets you like. I don't personally feel like wasting my hard earned money to see someone who will cut the set short, cancel the show, play 80% of the set from the previous tour, only plays an hour and a half, sings like Kermit the Frog, makes noises instead of singing half the song, and is backed by session musicians (who don't even deserve to be in a garage band) who butcher every song unmercifully...but you know, I guess that is what the price I pay for being sane & rational.

Purchase all the tickets you like. I don't personally feel like wasting my hard earned money to see someone who will cut the set short, cancel the show, play 80% of the set from the previous tour, only plays an hour and a half, sings like Kermit the Frog, makes noises instead of singing half the song, and is backed by session musicians (who don't even deserve to be in a garage band) who butcher every song unmercifully...but you know, I guess that is what the price I pay for being sane & rational.

How long does a band need to play with a singer before they are considered 'the band'?

Sounds like you weren't planning on buying tickets anyway. Job done.

I always liked her. London Cry and Kill The Father are weird songs but they're still good songs. The whole "head/cunnilingis" thing was in poor taste but Morrissey has been making veiled digs and snipes at the hands that feed him for years so should have took it in his stride. After all, she was only fanned the fires of speculation that he himself started.

me too - she is interesting and challenging - best support moz has had - so what if she said something shocking - isn't that what moz has done a thousand times ?

Kristeen is horrible, and is one of the worst support acts I've ever seen (Noise Is The Best Revenge being the worst) but then again, I never liked Doll & the Kicks, either.

I share a few of your concerns but not all of them.
The consensus seems to be that, horrible pub-rock version of TCM aside, the current band do the best versions of the Smiths songs since the Smiths, and Morrissey's singing voice is pretty good these days.
However, the chances of Morrissey cancelling or cutting the short set remain depressingly high. I'm really hoping he stops filling 65% of the show with Quarry/ROTT/YOR stodge, but that remains to be seen.
I'm waiting to see the first setlist or two before buying tickets (as there are no local shows for me).
A new song or two, and a good airing of his 1990s material would, however, be enough to convince me to go...

If you have so many issues with everything Morrissey does (and from reading your constant carping and bitching on here, that seems to be the case), why don't you just piss off and stop bringing the mood of the forum down? I'm sure you can think of much better things to do with your time than moan on a message board about a singer you don't seem to like too much. :rolleyes: Forget sanity and rationality; I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who see more irrational negativity in you than anything else.

Ooh, someone doesn't share the same point of view as me and criticises my idol. I should tell them to go away so I can kiss ass with like minded people. Boo hoo.

Shut up and take Morrissey's nipple out of your mouth. Just because YOU are satisfied with his current mediocrity doesn't mean everyone is...current record sales prove that much.

Ooh, someone doesn't share the same point of view as me and criticises my idol. I should tell them to go away so I can kiss ass with like minded people. Boo hoo.

Shut up and take Morrissey's nipple out of your mouth. Just because YOU are satisfied with his current mediocrity doesn't mean everyone is...current record sales prove that much.

You are a very angry person. It's a Morrissey show. Show up and enjoy it, or stay home in your mum's basement. Your choice.

I agree with Viva partially. For example, I wouldn't rush out to see Setting Fires or even the Polecats live (I WOULD however go see the Gazmen if they were still around, because they were bitchin' :cool:). And if Morrissey's current band were just a band on their own WITHOUT Morrissey, I certainly wouldn't go see them. It's really Morrissey that makes it as a complete package (calm yourselves, frinkers :D). I still like Morrissey's end of the performing and songwriting, albeit I wish he could pace himself better on a tour as far as his health is concerned. My view is that he really needs a new direction musically. "Ringleader" was a breath of fresh air between YATQ and YOR, as far as I'm concerned, but it was equally as criticized for Visconti's production and Jesse's songwriting. Regardless, I don't see how new songwriting partners/performers could HURT -- and it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a WHOLE new band. I don't know of any of us who is attached in any big way to the Walker brothers or Jesse (I'd be up for seeing more of what Gustavo can do). Obviously Morrissey trusts Boz as his musical director, but he's had no problem rotating members of the band when he's had to. Why wait for one of the Walker brothers or Jesse to start a family or want to be involved in a new musical project? There are DROVES of innovative musicians out there that could really revitalize Morrissey's sound. I'm not saying by any means that the current musicians are BAD; I'm just saying that the current style is very very predictable.

Leeds again.Fantastic.He had to come back after the 09 gig.Will Lily Savage be giving us a pre gig show again?Ssshoplifterzz of the wur ur ur ur urld!

Should we expect the tickets to go on sale tomorow?

The boro box office is open at 10. But the site has no news of a gig there as of yet.

Reckon its going to be like the last dates, no one knows when to sell the tickets lol.

Carnt wait.

Matt.

Gustavo was on the for the whole Swords tour, right? How was he? Was he more in the league of Mikey V.?

The Jesse hating gets a bit tiresome, but as he is probably my least favourite Morrissey collaborator I too was hoping for at least a change in lead guitarist. A younger, virtuoso with more range.

I thought Jesse's talent might grow since the ROTT days but he'll definitely be stuck in the same gear from here on out...

Further to that, I just remembered that Little Barrie was supposed to be on the bill at Mani's Smiths night in Manchester.
Although he has his own band as well as a gig with Primal Scream, Barrie Cadogan would've even been a fine choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom