Morrissey Mentioned by Sarah Silverman in Tweet Related to Ryan Adams

Sarah Silverman mentions Morrissey in a tweet related to Ryan Adams' abusive behaviour.

Via

Ah, got it. I've had my morning coffee!

Ryan Adams told his ex-wife that 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument'. Sarah Silverman is referring to the fact that Morrissey and others are singers.

Ryan Adams can wave goodbye to his career.

If you haven't read the NYT article, give it a read https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts/music/ryan-adams-women-sex.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to tell me as someone that follows politics fairly closely that Ilhan Omar is not an anti-Semite, based on a whole bunch of things she has said over the years? Yes? No?
im gonna tell you that what she is or isn't is not the point man, ur just another run of the mill white racist end of story dude :rolleyes:

How come Sarah Silverman was allowed to say she'd like to crucify Jesus again, whereas if I called her a Jewish bitch I'd have a whole ton of shit coming down on me?
I'd crucify you next to Jesus on upside down crosses.

"FBI Opens Inquiry Into Ryan Adams’ Communications With Underage Fan

The FBI is investigating whether 44 year-old singer-songwriter Ryan Adams engaged in criminal sexually explicit communications with an underage fan, according to the New York Times. Yesterday, the Times reported that Adams began online communication with the young woman when she was 14 and continued until she was 16. They allegedly never met in person but exchanged text messages and video chats that sometimes included nudity."

More https://www.stereogum.com/2032291/f...-adams-communications-with-underage-fan/news/

Are you going to tell me as someone that follows politics fairly closely that Ilhan Omar is not an anti-Semite, based on a whole bunch of things she has said over the years? Yes? No?

I still don't get how is it that people vote a muslim refugee who obviously didn't embrace US American culture, and still defends the groups of power from which she had to escape from. Unless she was planted there on purpose to screw and spy American politics, which considering the way those people operate and infiltrate around the world -including my own country- it is totally believable. What she represents is a much bigger threath for democracy than all the shit that Trump could do in his whole life. And that's a lot. Why don't US American people get rid of those vermins now before it's too late? She is not there to support your culture, your democracy or your way of life, she is operating in favor of international muslim interests.

Companies have severed ties with Ryan Adams and his album has been shelved.

"Adams had planned to release three new albums this year on his own label, Pax-Am. The first, Big Colors, slated for release on 19 April, has been shelved, Variety reports. Universal Music Group, which distributes Adams’ releases, had pulled the album from its release schedule. The website for Pax-Am has also deleted the pre-order pages for the CD and LP. The status of the remaining two albums is unclear.

The amplifier company Benson has announced that it is severing ties with Adams, with whom it had been developing a product. “We are saddened and surprised by the recent allegations,” founder Christopher Benson said in a statement. “We have decided to suspend our relationship with Mr Adams at this moment, and will no longer move forward with the development of the Ryan Adams signature model.”

An Adams-branded guitar effects pedal produced by Walrus Audio has been discontinued, as has the VCR Ryan Adams signature pedal produced by JHS pedals. JHS company president Josh Schott told Variety: “We have a remaining stock of VCR pedals and are making future plans to fully rebrand and sell this inventory with a portion of the sale going towards the fight against sexual abuse and misconduct.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ing-ryan-adams-explicit-texts-to-underage-fan

Companies have severed ties with Ryan Adams and his album has been shelved.

"Adams had planned to release three new albums this year on his own label, Pax-Am. The first, Big Colors, slated for release on 19 April, has been shelved, Variety reports. Universal Music Group, which distributes Adams’ releases, had pulled the album from its release schedule. The website for Pax-Am has also deleted the pre-order pages for the CD and LP. The status of the remaining two albums is unclear.

The amplifier company Benson has announced that it is severing ties with Adams, with whom it had been developing a product. “We are saddened and surprised by the recent allegations,” founder Christopher Benson said in a statement. “We have decided to suspend our relationship with Mr Adams at this moment, and will no longer move forward with the development of the Ryan Adams signature model.”

An Adams-branded guitar effects pedal produced by Walrus Audio has been discontinued, as has the VCR Ryan Adams signature pedal produced by JHS pedals. JHS company president Josh Schott told Variety: “We have a remaining stock of VCR pedals and are making future plans to fully rebrand and sell this inventory with a portion of the sale going towards the fight against sexual abuse and misconduct.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ing-ryan-adams-explicit-texts-to-underage-fan

Finally!! Too bad this didn't happen in the 1970s - the whole music industry would've gone under - Led Zep, Bowie, the Stones, Iggy, all of them were with underage girls.

I'm not surprised. Ryan is really getting up there, pushing 60. "Summer of 69" was a cool song, but that piece of shit from the movie where Costner played Robin Hood is pure crotch-cheese. Horrible song. Regardless, this old Canadian f***er ain't had a hit since the 90s. I'm just impressed he was able to get a younger piece of tail like Mandy Moore! I had no idea!

Finally!! Too bad this didn't happen in the 1970s - the whole music industry would've gone under - Led Zep, Bowie, the Stones, Iggy, all of them were with underage girls.

Even Peter, Paul, and Mary where corn-holing little girls... Seriously, look it up.

I prefer the stuff that Ryan releases under the name Bright Eyes.

I'm not surprised. Ryan is really getting up there, pushing 60. "Summer of 69" was a cool song, but that piece of shit from the movie where Costner played Robin Hood is pure crotch-cheese. Horrible song. Regardless, this old Canadian f***er ain't had a hit since the 90s. I'm just impressed he was able to get a younger piece of tail like Mandy Moore! I had no idea!

Not sure if serious?

If ( serious == 1 )
{
cout << "Ryan Adams isn't Bryan Adams" << endl;
}
else
{
cout << "giggle" << endl;
}

i know nothing about what else he's accused of, but is what he said here really that big of a deal? it sounds more like personal opinion to me. is it abusive? is this something that needs to be shared as really telling of the mans character? do we know the context or the tone in which he said it? who's never said something like that before? oh but poor mandy moore! and we all know how set she was on being a serious musician.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom