Morrissey Mentioned by Sarah Silverman in Tweet Related to Ryan Adams

Sarah Silverman mentions Morrissey in a tweet related to Ryan Adams' abusive behaviour.

Via

Ah, got it. I've had my morning coffee!

Ryan Adams told his ex-wife that 'You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument'. Sarah Silverman is referring to the fact that Morrissey and others are singers.

Ryan Adams can wave goodbye to his career.

If you haven't read the NYT article, give it a read https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts/music/ryan-adams-women-sex.html

Last edited by a moderator:
How come Sarah Silverman was allowed to say she'd like to crucify Jesus again, whereas if I called her a Jewish bitch I'd have a whole ton of shit coming down on me?
As a radical leftist she gets a pass. She's a grade A moron.

Some people would argue that all marriages are emotionally upsetting and manipulative.

I think what Adams is being accused of is being human. In other words flawed.

Some people would argue that all marriages are emotionally upsetting and manipulative.

I don't know about the other things he's done, and he's probably scum, but in this instance I agree. this didn't need airing. just because you get your feelings hurt is not a reason a publicly condemn a person.

I don't know about the other things he's done, and he's probably scum, but in this instance I agree. this didn't need airing. just because you get your feelings hurt is not a reason a publicly condemn a person.
In the fantasy land of the media, to hurt someones feelings is like committing an act of psychological torture. Hence you are an emotional abuser - with special emphasis on that last word.

It's so easy to vilify people these days. Once they get the train rolling on musicians it will never end. There's a whole treasure trove out there. The wild rockers of yesteryear that have entertained us with their excess will be tomorrow's sinister abusers. All for what? Shagging a fawning adult-looking but underage groupie.

Last edited:
i know nothing about what else he's accused of, but is what he said here really that big of a deal? it sounds more like personal opinion to me. is it abusive? is this something that needs to be shared as really telling of the mans character? do we know the context or the tone in which he said it? who's never said something like that before? oh but poor mandy moore! and we all know how set she was on being a serious musician.

I wasn't aware of anything either until I read the Guardian article (the link is in the thread). I hate so see his career be over with because Ryan was a gifted musician. But it is good to see that abusive behavior towards women is no longer condoned. Women must finally get a chance to succeed in the music industry on their own terms. The comment about Morrissey was just a sideline.

Women use their manipulative powers just as much (and arguably more) than men to get places, including in the music industry.

A misogynistic thing to say? No, just blunt honesty.

Women are definitely better at emotional and manipulative games, whereas men tend to blow their top and resort to violence. Both methods work very well, unfortunately.

i know nothing about what else he's accused of, but is what he said here really that big of a deal? it sounds more like personal opinion to me. is it abusive? is this something that needs to be shared as really telling of the mans character? do we know the context or the tone in which he said it? who's never said something like that before? oh but poor mandy moore! and we all know how set she was on being a serious musician.

This is what he's also accused of rifke:

"As reported by The New York Times on Wednesday, Adams and a young woman, who said her online communications with the singer began when she was 14 and continued until she was 16, exchanged text messages and conducted video calls that sometimes included nudity. The two never met in person."

"The Times reviewed extensive communication between Adams and Ava, including direct messages on Twitter that began when she was 14, and more than 3,000 text messages spanning a nine-month period when Ava was 15 and 16. The text messages from late 2014, when Ava was 16, included explicit photographs of her. She said the pair also conducted video calls on Skype, where Adams exposed himself during phone sex. The Times has reviewed screenshots of these interactions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/arts/music/fbi-ryan-adams.html

It may be as you said, some attempts at flirting (= human flaws) that now get relabeled as "sexual abuse" for opportunistic reasons, or it may be about more serious offenses. How can we know as outsiders? And do we care to know?

It may be as you said, some attempts at flirting (= human flaws) that now get relabeled as "sexual abuse" for opportunistic reasons, or it may be about more serious offenses. How can we know as outsiders? And do we care to know?
I'd be quite curious to know the truth about Adams. If the unbiased truth can ever be revealed.

But my gut instinct is that he's just a regular flawed human being. Yes, he gets high, lets his ego run a bit wild - he's been successful in the muso biz from an early age and for so long that he obviously overrates himself and behaves like a spoiled teenager. But I wouldn't say he's an evil person.

As far as manipulation goes, I'm sure many girls contact him (and people like him) all the time to create or advance their musical careers. So if he uses them for sex it's a case of both people using each other. Perhaps he promised too much and quite a few girls are pissed off now? I would be.

The difference nowadays is that small grievances that in the past would be frowned at are now somehow successfully hyped in the media and accepted as despicable abuses.

This is what he's also accused of rifke:

"As reported by The New York Times on Wednesday, Adams and a young woman, who said her online communications with the singer began when she was 14 and continued until she was 16, exchanged text messages and conducted video calls that sometimes included nudity. The two never met in person."

"The Times reviewed extensive communication between Adams and Ava, including direct messages on Twitter that began when she was 14, and more than 3,000 text messages spanning a nine-month period when Ava was 15 and 16. The text messages from late 2014, when Ava was 16, included explicit photographs of her. She said the pair also conducted video calls on Skype, where Adams exposed himself during phone sex. The Times has reviewed screenshots of these interactions."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/arts/music/fbi-ryan-adams.html
oh gross

Showing his parts on a webcam to a girl (who lied about her age) is nothing compared to what a lot of musicians have done. For example take someone like Elton John. He partied wild and took coke every day for thirty years. The imagination boggles...

Now that's gross.

I'd be quite curious to know the truth about Adams. If the unbiased truth can ever be revealed.

Well yes, now that the ball got rolling, we all like to know the verdict. I am also curious.

But my point was more that I don't necessarily want to know about all these accusations against artists, as it may cast a shadow over their legacy and that may be too harsh a punishment. It is okay that the norms ae shifting, but I don't want to end up at the other extreme where the purity of an artist is more important than his art.

Showing his parts on a webcam to a girl (who lied about her age) is nothing compared to what a lot of musicians have done. For example take someone like Elton John. He partied wild and took coke every day for thirty years. The imagination boggles...

Now that's gross.

Elton, more like 16 years.... yet he put himself in rehab and has been clean to date AND has admitted his own remorse as see in this Telegraph excerpt:
Sir Elton John has admitted that he "wasted a big part" of his life by using drugs and that he was the “luckiest man in the world".

The flamboyant singer, 65, who battled addictions to alcohol and cocaine until 1990, said that he wishes he had become clean sooner so he could fully enjoy his early career.

John, who claimed that he could have met a similar fate to singer Whitney Houston because he "did as much cocaine as she ever did", told the NBC Today show: "I wasted such a big part of my life, when this epidemic was beginning to happen in the early 1980s. And I was a drug addict and self-absorbed.

"You know, I was having people die right, left and center around me, friends. And yet, I didn't stop the life that I had, which is the terrible thing about addiction. It's that bad of a disease."

The only reason to say this: " You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument" is to be hurtful. Mandy Moore is a good person and a wonderful actress. Musicians are not the best of partners, but yet actresses like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson, Mandy Moore, and Pamela Courson to name just a few are all drawn to musicians.

Just because you can play an instrument doesn't make you a love worthy person, but love is blind...maybe it should be also be tone deaf and these poor ladies would avoid all the drama.

The only reason to say this: " You're not a real musician, because you don't play an instrument" is to be hurtful. Mandy Moore is a good person and a wonderful actress. Musicians are not the best of partners, but yet actresses like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson, Mandy Moore, and Pamela Courson to name just a few are all drawn to musicians.

Just because you can play an instrument doesn't make you a love worthy person, but love is blind...maybe it should be also be tone deaf and these poor ladies would avoid all the drama.

Plus gross Gene Simmons who dated both the lovely Cher and the lovely Diana Ross.

Back
Top Bottom