Morrissey on Guardian

Not so fast. He's a straight-talker, an agent provocatuer, playing off a hostile media. Sleep on it. :)

but Simon Armitage wasn't hostile, he wasn't Tim Jonze. He was a big fan who went out of his way to accommodate Morrissey's childishness and he just got insults and flippancy in return.

I think there's a little bit of delusional thinking going on... "Oh! Well, he's a very clever man, I think he was was invoking the Latin prefix sub in a zeugmatic sense when placing it next to the Chinese to remind us all of our common human duty to be kind to animals."

The fact is he's turned into a silly old bore, the slightly embarrassing bloke in the pub making off-colour jokes you can dismiss because he's a bit of has-been.

For Morrissey I'm afraid think it's it's a case of gradually ever-decreasing circles, both musically and intellectually.

It's most likely a result of some asshole cosmically grinding the gears of his transmission while shifting. The entire interview makes him seem like an ass, like it was a set-up.

But as I've said - Armitage wouldn't be looking to set him up, he's a big fan. And when you come across like such a twat, even to one of your biggest fans then... ugh.

Simon Armitage said:
But poets write poems, requiring no backbeat, no melody, and no performance. Being the author of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out and other such works of genius doesn't make him WH Auden, any more than singing in a band called the Scaremongers at weekends makes me an Elvis Presley.

Ugh. This made me feel embarassed to share the interviewer's name. That is probably the most stupid statement in the whole interview.

"What? I'm only one small china man, I can't do everything!" (G-mex 23rd Dec 2006)

ARMitage. Nuff said.

And Quiffaa making a big ol stink on facebook about the mood of her forum providing a more calm place for discussion. Eff that. It's called SYNCOPHANTRY. Morrissey got f***ed in the ass with this whole thing, there's no two ways about it. He puts on a certain battle gear for certain people and Armitage took advantage of that. It's difficult to describe but that;s what happened. I bet his facial gestures goaded these responses. Morrissey reads people like books and sometime he loses his sense of self, though that doesn;t excuse him from expressing his selfish side that he must have. He needs to do some work. He needs help too, IMHO. And it;s not from reading a bunch of jaded fans say "Ohhh, that's our Mozzy!"

There were some funny moments in that interview.

I don't feel sorry for the author. He may be a fan, but Morrissey has been burnt so many times by writers, why should he be easy on him? I'm glad he was replaced by the cat.

As for the "appalling statement", the statement out of context of the article makes him sound like he is criticizing the people and not the actions of a people. We know how he is by now. He reads or watches something about the mistreatment of animals and he gets all crazy. I love him for that.

I hope he knows what he is doing. He may think he's "...cursed with the gift of foresight". I hope for once, it works in his favor.

but Simon Armitage wasn't hostile, he wasn't Tim Jonze. He was a big fan who went out of his way to accommodate Morrissey's childishness and he just got insults and flippancy in return.

It's near impossible to say. He seemed a bit silly to me e.g. " I am meeting him of course, that's a given, but is he meeting me?" Doh! Don't forget Armitage was left with the power to structure how the conversation is represented. The Guardian hasn't been Morrissey's best friend in the past year or so; some partisan interest may well linger.

Him and Ron Paul should chill together in a sauna-- Eastern Promises style. Shit would be dope. They co

Homey-man is a closet Liberatarian. Obvs.

For some real radicalism, May I suggest that all of you join the following:

http://www.vhemt.org/

"May we live long and die out."

HAVE YOU MUGS MISSED ME?????

:rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks for marking the moment, CrystalGeezer. I hadn't noticed. Any overlooked signs here that we should be aware of? ;)

You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.

I apologise in advance for compartmentalising your post in the way I'm about to, CG, but I'm too tired and muddled to reply any other way.

1. And Quiffaa making a big ol stink on facebook about the mood of her forum providing a more calm place for discussion. Eff that. It's called SYNCOPHANTRY.

How so?

2. Morrissey got f***ed in the ass with this whole thing, there's no two ways about it. He puts on a certain battle gear for certain people and Armitage took advantage of that.

I agree with this, and that it does allow him to be easily taken advantage of media-wise. However I haven't actually read the whole interview yet, so I can't really pass judgement on the dynamic between Morrissey and Armitage at the moment.

There were some funny moments in that interview.

I don't feel sorry for the author. He may be a fan, but Morrissey has been burnt so many times by writers, why should he be easy on him? I'm glad he was replaced by the cat.

As for the "appalling statement", the statement out of context of the article makes him sound like he is criticizing the people and not the actions of a people. We know how he is by now. He reads or watches something about the mistreatment of animals and he gets all crazy. I love him for that.

I hope he knows what he is doing. He may think he's "...cursed with the gift of foresight". I hope for once, it works in his favor.

I agree. Completely.

http://www.vhemt.org/

Sub-species or not, China's movements will impact the future of humanity for decades to come. If they don't start implementing better Land-Use practices, and return to an polyculture agrarian economic model--one that is fundametally resource based and which will set a new model for the WTO and the World Bank to follow, we'll all be doomed. I'm motherf***ing, serious, suckers.

I'm not buggin' tho, because I SUPPORT VHEMT! and I know how grow a squash in the soil of my houseplants.

JOIN VHEMT TODAY!

Tags
scans
Back
Top Bottom