Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland" (London, Oct. 3, 2017) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Posted by docinwestchester:

UPDATE Oct. 6:

Posted by Peanut:

The full show is tomorrow (Sat. 7th) at 11pm on BBC Two, not today as written in OP.

Posted by Springhealedkev:

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Note posted by Johnny Barleycorn:

This edition is the short version. The full show will be on Friday.

Link to jools.holland.official / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

40889_morrissey_jools.jpg

Last edited:
í don't think there is any doubt now that Morrissey has 'mental ill health'; Christ, he's spent a lifetime in lyric/interview/book telling us as much.

One unquestionable expression of this ill health is his self-diagnosed characteristic of "Unlimited self-sabotage", a characteristic which Moz-vets have seen all too many times.

The fact that Anne Marie's the Name of His Latest Flame does not necessarily make him mentally ill.
The fact that he chooses to make an ambiguous display of support for her at the first very public launch of his brand new bigtime LP tends to suggest a level of questionable mental health...

í don't think there is any doubt now that Morrissey has 'mental ill health'; Christ, he's spent a lifetime in lyric/interview/book telling us as much.

One unquestionable expression of this ill health is his self-diagnosed characteristic of "Unlimited self-sabotage", a characteristic which Moz-vets have seen all too many times.

The fact that Anne Marie's the Name of His Latest Flame does not necessarily make him mentally ill.
The fact that he chooses to make an ambiguous display of support for her at the first very public launch of his brand new bigtime LP tends to suggest a level of questionable mental health...

Absolutely Joe. Thanks.

í should just add...

for some people, it appears to be a matter of endless disapprobation, but for myself, and maybe others, í can't deny that there is a certain queasy car-crash fascination with his "U S-S".

With perhaps an element of some understanding. í have a fairly healthy track record of being a keen saboteur in/of my own life; doesn't anybody?

But Moz? The Grand Master...

I still think if it was someone you liked, it wouldn't be an issue. You'd think it was charming.

'I was very surprised to see Jeremy Corbyn win the general election, oh wait no, he didn't... the voting was rigged'.

Well, yes, obviously. It wouldn't be an issue for Morrissey to have political sympathies per se.

I still think if it was someone you liked, it wouldn't be an issue. You'd think it was charming.

'I was very surprised to see Jeremy Corbyn win the general election, oh wait no, he didn't... the voting was rigged'.

My point was that it is clear to see his politics are entirely inconsistent/borderline incoherent. Also his support for Jeremy Corbyn or Bernie Sanders never really gets reported in the way that things like this always will.

My point was that it is clear to see his politics are entirely inconsistent/borderline incoherent. Also his support for Jeremy Corbyn or Bernie Sanders never really gets reported in the way that things like this always will.

Yes, that's true but I think in terms of the media reporting, people in the Guardian, NME etc suffer the same fallacy. They will always have a near apocalyptic reaction to anything right of centre. (It's also better for clickbait probably!)

(I'm not having a go at you personally btw!)

I don't think it's necessarily mental health. A lot of people on the spectrum cannot filter what they say terribly well, for instance.

Yes, that's true but I think in terms of the media reporting, people in the Guardian, NME etc suffer the same fallacy. They will always have a near apocalyptic reaction to anything right of centre. (It's also better for clickbait probably!)

(I'm not having a go at you personally btw!)
Don't worry. They'll give him the same treatment they give any troubling artist upon death.
In life- "He's NUTTY! What inflammatory views! SHOCK HORROR BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN!"
In death- "Pop genius! Legendary! Manchester's own! Hugely influential! BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Morrissey on Matt and Solomon in Autobiography

"Luckily, both are also compellingly precise musicians, and, even better, they cannot be offended, which, given my over-reaching squeaks of tourette’s, is useful."

this proves Moz is tone deaf.

and Bernie was rigged, Hillary was rigged, they think the world is a copy of their left wing insanity. LOL
Prince and MJ were zapped dead from outer space.......not druggies. It goes on and on...

Nice 'thank you' from Joolz. He was fairly complimentary introducing Moz last night. Moz has gotta be happy with that.

Well he references "Bona Drag" in "Pink Rabbits"... what are the other two songs?
He sings "Hand in Glove" at the end of the first verse of "Carin at the Liquor Store"
"I could hear Husker Du and The Smiths / The Sluggos, The Cramps go bup bup bup bup inside" in "Paul Is Alive" with his side project EL VY.

I know there's a 'Bona drag' mention in 'Pink Rabbits' but I'm not aware of the others.
The Pink Rabbits one is my favorite because I didn't realize he was saying "and Bona Drag was still on..." for the longest time. Fun discovery. "Carin at the Liquor Store" and "Paul is Alive" from his side project EL VY both have references to The Smiths

The Pink Rabbits one is my favorite because I didn't realize he was saying "and Bona Drag was still on..." for the longest time. Fun discovery. "Carin at the Liquor Store" and "Paul is Alive" from his side project EL VY both have references to The Smiths

Thanks. I'm a big fan The National. I'll have to listen out for those other 2.

Forgive me if I've overlooked it: has anyone confirmed which songs were performed besides "Spent The Day In Bed?"

I'm OK by Myself and The Bullfighter Dies
Dear God, why? Bullfighter is half expected, but the other is in my opinion, one of the most wretched songs off of YOR, which is hands down, my least favorite album out of him.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom