MySpace. A fake?

lg_br said:
I once read a Morrissey interview in which he mentioned Oliver Twist - the film - one of the older versions. Plus, the witty self-deprecating lines are very Morrissey-like, so it doesn't seem that fake to me (even though it's probably an impersonator or joker).
Whoever they are, they're definitely a fan and have done a lot of research.

Ah, the film! I could see that.

I agree there are some very convincing lines in it, but then there are just as many that are unconvincing to me. For example:

"Who I'd like to meet:
If you own any of my albums, stay well away. A shaved head will suffice, as will an ornery attitude accompanied by the slightest hint of violence. "

OR

"Furthermore, I find it difficult to respect those who display even the smallest amount of interest in me. If I like you, you will never know, and that’s good enough"

I just don't think Moz is self-aware enough to make comments like those. And I don't think he would ever ever ever state an interest in meeting someone via myspace. Plus, it's all too stereotypical and lists his interests over the course of decades, which I'm sure have changed somewhat. For example, I doubt he's that interested in skinheads anymore.

And then there's the writing style, which is not Moz at all, with the exception of a few choice lines.

So, couple those things with the complete absurdity of Moz starting his own myspace page, and I'm 101% sure this is a fake.

Last edited:
veradicere said:
I thought this line was very convincingly Morrisseyesque:
"I live alone, and that’s okay with me, but is it okay with you? Of course not."
I also liked the roam, italy pun. very Moz

Veradicere - but previously in the thread you said this:
veradicere said:
Hehe. It's funny, but I highly doubt it's real. In my personal opinion it reeks of fakeness.

so, which parts seem phony to you if you followed up your first statement about it seeming fake by showing what you thought to be convincingly Morrisseyesque?

EDIT: sorry, we were probably "printing" at the same time ;)
i see you answered above

veradicere said:
I agree there are some very convincing lines in it, but then there are just as many that are unconvincing to me. For example:

"Who I'd like to meet:
If you own any of my albums, stay well away. A shaved head will suffice, as will an ornery attitude accompanied by the slightest hint of violence. "

OR

"Furthermore, I find it difficult to respect those who display even the smallest amount of interest in me. If I like you, you will never know, and that’s good enough"

I just don't think Moz is self-aware enough to make comments like those.

actually to me, those do seem quite Moz. esp. the second one.

It's a fraud. Look at the spelling of ROAM!

Also, this is the first time I've heard of Moz being a fan of The Jam.

Orientation-Not sure...........

But it's VERY convincing nonetheless.

Rocco Sifredi said:
It appeared at least a couple of months ago.

well, to partially answer my own question, the first "Friends Comment" posted on this myspace page was Oct 28, 2004. so i guess it has been here a while.

is of interest to me that Rocco just brought it to our attention now by specifically asking if we had seen it and if it was fake or not, and it seems like no one ever saw it before!? had anyone seen it before??

and rocco, still wondering why you selected this one to ask about (and not one of the other 3-4 morrissey pages that people say are in myspace)

thanks to all for indulging my curiosity about this page! :)

Hi, this page was interesting to me because it was different from other M pages on Myspace.

One is clearly done by record company or management. Others are just not him. This is by somebody, if not him, who's very bright and really knows him.
Also it's very funny how people write to this page being so sure this is really Morrissey.

I think the quote that had been found not "morrissesque" were very him.
Like, don't write if you own any of my record...
This page is checked every week or so...

I don't think it's real but I think it's a very well designed joke

Rocco

no one in particular said:
is of interest to me that Rocco just brought it to our attention now by specifically asking if we had seen it and if it was fake or not, and it seems like no one ever saw it before!? had anyone seen it before??

and rocco, still wondering why you selected this one to ask about (and not one of the other 3-4 morrissey pages that people say are in myspace)

thanks to all for indulging my curiosity about this page! :)

Hey Rocco, pleased that your taking time to visit this site - have you been here before, in the old format, as a different user?

Anway, echo what NOIP says above, I didn't know of this other site and wondered how you came across it to even decide which was the most relavant for discussion?

Cheers,
Martin.

1) I discovered this site/forum only recently. First time writing, Why are you asking? Do I remind you of anybody?
2) My English must be really bad... to me this myspace page was just different than others that were clearly fake. This one didn't look corporate of just fan page like many others.

What's so strange with that?
Nobody was wondering if this was a personal page by Moz or not?
Bye

Rocco Sifredi said:
1) I discovered this site/forum only recently.

Cool, well as a moderator, I just wondered how you found us? Please feel free to join in as much as you are able.

Rocco Sifredi said:
First time writing, Why are you asking? Do I remind you of anybody?

No, why do you say that? Are you trying to remind us of anybody?

Hi
1) well, it's not so difficult to know this site if you're into Morrissey (he even mentioned the site recently, SoLow...).
Also, it's probably the best... so here I am.
2) No I don't, hope I remind somebody who was funny in case I unintentionally do.
All the best.
RS

Rocco Sifredi said:
Hi
1) well, it's not so difficult to know this site if you're into Morrissey (he even mentioned the site recently, SoLow...).
Also, it's probably the best... so here I am.
2) No I don't, hope I remind somebody who was funny in case I unintentionally do.
All the best.
RS

Recently?

Wasn't that quite a while back now?

And yes, I like your style of writing so please continue to amuse me.

I was not familiar with the forum part of the site at all...
Actually I was never into forus but I am enjoying this a lot.
I knew M-solo was the best site for news about Morrissey and I visited the website basically for that since a few months (or is it years now??)
I think forum language must have by nature part of joke and fun...
in most case - as I understand - it's not phisical relationship but talking between people with interest and feelings in common.

After all, we're here talking about a rock and roll star... isn't it really very strange?

Ciao!
R

Rocco Sifredi said:
Thanks to no one in particular...
very nice of you.

Rocco

Yes, I agree, No one is very nice - in so many ways, however, to remain (or return to) on-topic - do you, Rocco, think it's a fake? The style of writing is very familiar and if someone has been sad enough to try and imitate the great man then gosh, the world really is full of crashing bores.

What do you think after all these replies?

I think it's very likely to be a fake page.
But it's difficult to be so sure about it. would you?
I'd be a bit disappointed to iagine M looking for soebody (and not his audience) on MySpace, unless he is playing with his fans a bit to see what's coming.
This could run to another topic.

Do you think he's going through forums and internet to find what people write about him?

Bye

PS I'll see your answer tomorrow. I'll sleeo on that I guess.
And no one is very nice is a good one too.

Rocco Sifredi said:
'd be a bit disappointed to iagine M looking for soebody (and not his audience) on MySpace, unless he is playing with his fans a bit to see what's coming.
This could run to another topic.

Do you think he's going through forums and internet to find what people write about him?

Bye

PS I'll see your answer tomorrow. I'll sleeo on that I guess.
And no one is very nice is a good one too.

I wouldn't blame him for using modern technology to communicate with his fans when the shit press will not help.

I would applaud him for being so forward thinking. I like your posts and if you are going to bed, I wonder what made you so tired and when you will return?

I've enjoyed your company,

And finally, I agree No one is great - I hope you enjoy no one's company more often around here!:)

mjp said:
I would applaud him for being so forward thinking. I like your posts and if you are going to bed, I wonder what made you so tired and when you will return?

I've enjoyed your company,

blushing at the adulation from you two, but nevertheless, mjp: i am sure he is tired because in Italy it is late, or rather extremely early. rocco, i imagine you aren't pulling an allnighter, right? :p

Back
Top Bottom