Morrissey Central "New keyboard player." (May 6, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

That’s only one side of the story. Based on ‘personal interpretation’ as he said in a later post.

Don’t you think that if Morrissey wanted Alain to still be in his band that Alain would still be in the band?

No, Dneuer is very close to Alain as you can see from their visit to James Dean museum etc, so I believe the view that Alain resigned rather than what you think happened.

No, Dneuer is very close to Alain as you can see from their visit to James Dean museum etc, so I believe the view that Alain resigned rather than what you think happened.
That’s fine and you can think what you want.
But if he has resigned don’t you think he would have done so right after the last tour?

And not say ‘see you in Dublin’ on his socials only a few days before Carmen Vandenberg was announced as the new guitarist on Central?

That’s fine and you can think what you want.
But if he has resigned don’t you think he would have done so right after the last tour?

And not say ‘see you in Dublin’ on his socials only a few days before Carmen Vandenberg was announced as the new guitarist on Central?

Have you read this bit?

However, it became increasingly clear that he could no longer exist in the setup under current “management”. He (and several others) raised the same issues that have apparently been going on long before his return. Alain saw no way of continuing on once it became obvious things would not change.

Have you read this bit?

However, it became increasingly clear that he could no longer exist in the setup under current “management”. He (and several others) raised the same issues that have apparently been going on long before his return. Alain saw no way of continuing on once it became obvious things would not change.
Yes, just saying that this would have been much more credible if they had written this right after the tour and not after the announcement of the new guitarist.

After and during the tour Alain was really happy and thankful and saying ‘see you in Dublin’ for the next dates. Then the new guitarist was announced and suddenly these issues were brought up.

Another thought for the pot. When most people leave the M camp, they do it discreetly and move on to other things, they take the high road.

Can you really imagine someone with an ego like Jesse drifting quietly away, if he was confronted and things didn't work out? I can't. I think if Jesse was asked to leave, he would make sure to burn the house down on his way out. He would have a public meltdown and everything M ever said in drink, in anger, every unpleasant detail would be out there for the world to see. Maybe that's why it's not as easy to resolve the issue as we might think.

Another thought for the pot. When most people leave the M camp, they do it discreetly and move on to other things, they take the high road.

Can you really imagine someone with an ego like Jesse drifting quietly away, if he was confronted and things didn't work out? I can't. I think if Jesse was asked to leave, he would make sure to burn the house down on his way out. He would have a public meltdown and everything M ever said in drink, in anger, every unpleasant detail would be out there for the world to see. Maybe that's why it's not as easy to resolve the issue as we might think.
Still, Morrissey has worked and toured with dozens of musicians now, and yet no one has ever said anything negative after being let go.
On the contrary, they all seem eager to return, if asked back.

JM is joining Morrissey's band. hoever JM wanted some imput into the other players. He has a specific sound in mind. JM has handpicked the new guitarist and keyboard player. JM has history with both of them. JM and Morrissey are currently writing and rehearsing together. Don't tell them I told you.

How quickly this all went downhill is amazing (and sad) to see - from having Alain back and the best set of shows he's played for a looooong time to.... this.

This is "eh, whatever" on its own, but Alain leaving as well as everything else all adds up - The band with Alain added (back) so much.

I think if Jesse was asked to leave, he would make sure to burn the house down on his way out. He would have a public meltdown and everything M ever said in drink, in anger, every unpleasant detail would be out there for the world to see. Maybe that's why it's not as easy to resolve the issue as we might think.
All the bandmembers sign legally binding NDA's to prevent this from happening, which is why we never get any direct statements from Boz, Alain or anyone who has been let go/jumped ship - just vague rumours from people 'close' to them, and pages and pages of speculation here. We'll have to wait until after Morrissey has passed for Jesse's juicy 'tell all' biography.

Hasn't that already happened with Alain having written half of YOR with Jesse playing those songs in the studio?
Yes. One of the strangest constellations ever. Alain didn't like to be part of the band anymore in 2004, then played guitar on ROTT, composed and appeared in videos as a drummer, only to write a few pieces on Refusal and disappear completely. It was never really explained and the fact that he literally threw himself at Morrissey during the Lockdown sessions, where the door was never completely closed anyway, only to end up back in the band is curious enough. Everyone thought it was just for visa reasons for the LA gigs but then everything seemed to fit and in the end he's gone again and no one knows exactly who's to blame. I find it hard to believe that it's all down to this ominous tour manager and maybe the nephew. Maybe Tobias didn't like the empathy Whyte received live and I don't want to neglect the fact, that Morrissey didn't play any of the new Alain songs live now, which might have left some bruised egos in the background.

JM is joining Morrissey's band...
This is an alternative universe that suddenly sprang to life in an interview Alain once gave. He'd bumped into Johnny a couple of times who said for once he could ask someone else what everyone asks him: "Will you ever work with Morrissey again?" Alain eventually said only if he'd join him too. Johnny agreed that would sound f**king great.

What a wonderful world that would be.

Yes. One of the strangest constellations ever. Alain didn't like to be part of the band anymore in 2004, then played guitar on ROTT, composed and appeared in videos as a drummer, only to write a few pieces on Refusal and disappear completely. It was never really explained and the fact that he literally threw himself at Morrissey during the Lockdown sessions, where the door was never completely closed anyway, only to end up back in the band is curious enough. Everyone thought it was just for visa reasons for the LA gigs but then everything seemed to fit and in the end he's gone again and no one knows exactly who's to blame. I find it hard to believe that it's all down to this ominous tour manager and maybe the nephew. Maybe Tobias didn't like the empathy Whyte received live and I don't want to neglect the fact, that Morrissey didn't play any of the new Alain songs live now, which might have left some bruised egos in the background.
Yes it's all very confusing and was clearly too good to be true.

Of the fifteen songs including B sides for YOR Alain actually wrote eight of them so that's a big chunk of work to be missing in action studio wise.

Last edited:
I have a sneaky feeling we're going to end up with this touring band being Morrissey, Jesse, and four women...
Why not just A cappella for the entire gig while Jesse stands just off stage with his arms crossed, possibly a camera set up to stream him scowling?

Something good has to come out of all of this after all

I can totally understand the 'weird management' thing, because that will always chase away the quality - in any industry.

Unfortunately, half of the 'Morrissey Business Inc.' (records and sales) seems to be temporarily out of business, while the touring half of it continues to flourish - because he is still a great performer and has a large catalog of good/great material. However, when 50% of what you've got is simply non-productive --- this alone invites strange management. Penny-pinching, one-track-mindedness, unnecessary micro-managing. And this will always bring whispers, create factions and a general feeling of uneasiness.

It's a real shame.

Why not just A cappella for the entire gig while Jesse stands just off stage with his arms crossed, possibly a camera set up to stream him scowling?

Something good has to come out of all of this after all

Guess it was bound to happen that Jesse would become the scapegoat. Not saying he may not be to blame ( in part) but from what one can deduce here, it seems there are other issues especially in mismanagement that have compounded problems and have only just now pushed some members to leave.

I can imagine, since we could only imagine here, that Jesse may be being pressured in part by M to get a band together so close to the upcoming tour and this has put Jesse in a position where it could be perceived by others ( and maybe rightly so) that Jesse is not making correct or fair decisions.

That’s only one side of the story. Based on ‘personal interpretation’ as he said in a later post.

Don’t you think that if Morrissey wanted Alain to still be in his band that Alain would still be in the band?
But it's the only side of the story we have. Morrissey has said nothing.
If he ever says something which tells a different story than Alain resigning, then I'll consider it, but no reason now to doubt what Dneuer said imo.

I think Dneuer's comment about it being his personal interpretation was about Alain and Gustavo being still on good terms with M, not about Alain having quit.

Last edited:
But it's the only side of the story we have. Morrissey has said nothing.
If he ever says something which tells a different story than Alain resigning, then I'll consider it, but no reason now to doubt what Dneuer said imo.
It's Thewlis. I expect nothing less (or more, even).

Yes, just saying that this would have been much more credible if they had written this right after the tour and not after the announcement of the new guitarist.

After and during the tour Alain was really happy and thankful and saying ‘see you in Dublin’ for the next dates. Then the new guitarist was announced and suddenly these issues were brought up.
Is your theory that Alain thought he was playing the next dates and then suddenly found out from the Central post he wasn't? And that to save face is pretending he quit? That would be really shitty on Moz's part if that were the case, but it doesn't seem to be what's happened.

While it is a bit odd Alain was saying "see you in Dublin" just a few days before the new guitarist announcement, more than that pointing out to M suddenly hiring a new guitar player, it points to something happening in those few days, which caused Alain to leave and Moz to quickly get a new guitarist...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom