Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exhaustion used to be a standard euphemism for illnesses they'd rather not mention.

There's quite a few things that are unpredicatable.

I'm going to a memorial for a folk singer tomorrow - with him it was alcoholism - & despite his incredibly bad behaviour - he never had anything like the abuse Morrissey gets.
Moz deserves the abuse from the long time fans who are fed up with his lies and excuses. We made him and we can end his career. When he can’t even sell out a show in his “hometown” of Los Angeles, you know the end is near.

Shopping at flagship Gucci stores in Paris and Zurich must be like working down a coal mine for our Moz. I hope he enjoys his two weeks at the Baur au Lac. It's a lovely hotel. "Then in the end your royalties bring you luxuries ..."

Moz deserves the abuse from the long time fans who are fed up with his lies and excuses. We made him and we can end his career. When he can’t even sell out a show in his “hometown” of Los Angeles, you know the end is near.

Obviously someone's career ends if they can't sell tickets.

But, there are fans that have lied about him - & lied to other fans - & that's disgraceful.

Cancelling show after show with no word, no apology - and then eventually dispatching a yes-man to make up Dengue fever and the like - that's what's disgraceful, not the people calling out crap they've heard a thousand times. Fans who travelled to see him have been shat on without a word and you think they should be lining up for more? Fool. As others pointed out, even the support band for the Quarry shows had the dignity to give a proper apology. This is the last excuse the M camp have got in a wide, deep barrel of excuses, and it's not convincing.
THIS.

This excuse is worse than hearing nothing. He's not even in the country to rehearse with his new band playing this material for the first time? He couldn't have warned his fans more than 1 day in advance?

Obviously someone's career ends if they can't sell tickets.

That's not true. Or at least, it was hardly the end of the Beatles when they stopped touring. XTC stopped touring and made more records after than before. Syd Barrett went off the deep end and still managed to leave two great solo albums.

Whether an artist can't (or won't) sell tickets, they can still make music.

Morrissey, if you read this thread... I'm from Brazil. Paid for tickets, airplane, hotels... TWICE! September (cancel by "DENGUE") and now...

Legalized theft
Leaves me bereft
I get it straight in the neck
Morrissey, liar
I praise the day that brings you pain

f*** that we live in the United States so we need a real Doctors note from the Doctor for him to be Excused! Your out of sick days Morrissey we need a doctors note, not a statement from your manager!

If Moz's health is suffering then he's right to cancel. At least they provided a reason for cancellation. To be honest I was always in awe of the amount of touring Moz did for years. It had to catch up on him eventually. It's hard to know how to feel but if Morrissey is bone tired then rest is the only answer. He's not a machine.

People might feel more empathy, I would assume, if there was any sentiment in this message. As it it, this feel likes a defensive line. There is no apology and i feel like that would make a world of difference here. I mean, we know the drill by now, that’s not going to happen. But this approach just feels like defensive lines doesn’t help the argument some have (possibly legitimately) that Morrissey is showing disdain for his fans.
Exactly. He doesn’t show any regard to fans. People say yes but his is an icon. So is Kleenex. But these icons have a job to do. Kleenex is to wipe shit from my nose. Morrissey job is entertain me for money.

I wonder if any current band members have decided to exit after this week.
Perhaps that's behind the Mexican and South American cancellations?

It's truly sickening and disappointing. He's still a human being. An older one at that, the body slows down naturally. I hope he feels better soon. ♥️
So are the fans. They are people too. And deserve the paid entertainment to tell them why they bailed.

Let's say this statement is tragically 100% true. It still lacks even a token acknowledgement: "Morrissey deeply regrets having to cancel these shows due to illness." It's this consistent lack of consideration that is at the core here.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom