Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
No let me kiss you, no alma, no without music

No London

No headache (what is that?)

Up there with one of the best Morrissey gigs. Tight set. I wasn’t keen on Notre Dame after seeing the video from the Israeli gigs but live it is fantastic and the video of the Cathedral added to the message. Afterwards, Morrissey thanked those heckling- although I didn’t hear any. I was stood in the middle near to the perimenopausal fans with their fans to cool me down. Comedy moment was when the lads smoking their pungent cannabis vape tried to chat up the sixteen year old girls next to them- to spend most of the next song apologising to their Dad stood behind! Throwing my arms around Paris was introduced with “France is at war..someone should tell them” and the backdrop pictured. Chatted to two people whose second time it was seeing Morrissey- a Who fan and a Cornish woman from Reading. Always a friendly crowd. I’ll be at Leeds and Folkestone next in my Boxers tour T-shirt if anyone wants to ignore me.

Attachments

• 015DDE78-35E1-4588-870F-20343E371F08.jpeg
    015DDE78-35E1-4588-870F-20343E371F08.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I wonder what happened to make him go on so late. Seemed like at least an hour delay according to attendees. So that would make the set an hour/1 hr 10 or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom