Ryan Lowry looking to photograph fans at YATQ 20th Anniversary shows

Screenshot_20240118-234651.png

Via Ryan's IG story.

Screenshot_20240119-010727~2.png

I can't actually see any $600 seats. They're around $180 or something like that. The official platinum ones which are most expensive aren't 2 for 1, sadly. It seems to be $40 for 2 tickets. Both venues are selling 2 for 1. That's crazy.

I feel you. Being in the UK I can't go but I understand that it's a long way if you don't live near LA yet are still in the US.

The tickets mustn't be selling. I have never ever seen Ticketmaster offer 2 for 1. I'm kinda shocked. However, whoever booked the venues (Donnie, I'm looking at you) made a big mistake in thinking he could still fill venues that size, and this is the aftermath. They'll probably be giving them away on the streets of LA before the gigs like they did in New York.

For example, he played Liverpool in July and the venue capacity was 2,381 and most of the other venues were of similar size (Leeds being the exception) and the Honda Center is an 18,000 seat arena which can be made into a theatre of around 8.5k seats. None of those numbers work based on the size of places he's played recently.
Instead, he should have played at a venue like the Wiltern (he's played there before) and probably could have sold out 2-3 nights. Or maybe 1 night at the Peacock Theater (another place he's played before), a capacity of about 7,000. In 1991, he sold out the Forum (now known as the Kia Forum) in 14 minutes just to highlight how different things are now.

Last edited:
Instead, he should have played at a venue like the Wiltern (he's played there before) and probably could have sold out 2-3 nights. Or maybe 1 night at the Peacock Theater (another place he's played before), a capacity of about 7,000. In 1991, he sold out the Forum (now known as the Kia Forum) in 14 minutes to highlight how different things are now.

They both look more within range (and nicer) than where he's currently going to play. With his situation it's probably best to book one night and then keep adding nights until everyone is catered for.

Donnie seems to be delusional and overly optimistic about the places M can fill, and I don't understand why because all it does is cause stress when they can't sell the tickets. Pick the right size venue and it'd be a whole lot easier. He seems to like to do everything the hard way

They both look more within range (and nicer) than where he's currently going to play. With his situation it's probably best to book one night and then keep adding nights until everyone is catered for.

Donnie seems to be delusional and overly optimistic about the places M can fill, and I don't understand why because all it does is cause stress when they can't sell the tickets. Pick the right size venue and it'd be a whole lot easier. He seems to like to do everything the hard way
Is it really Donnie who has booked these venues, or is it the promoter, Live Nation or whoever? Anyway, it seems like booking Morrissey these days has become a risky business : it is unclear how many people he can still draw, and then thete are the random cancellations. None of this is helping Morrissey, and that is very sad.

SOME of us have our likes and dislikes! I will not be there, however.

The ever so slightly overweight men with poor hygiene convention is the next week, I can't go to both. I hope to fill at least 3 SD cards worth of photos for my collection
what a snob,look at me im so much better than anyone who has ever walked the face of the earth.

Is it really Donnie who has booked these venues, or is it the promoter, Live Nation or whoever? Anyway, it seems like booking Morrissey these days has become a risky business : it is unclear how many people he can still draw, and then thete are the random cancellations. None of this is helping Morrissey, and that is very sad.
Donnie is (or was) tour manager, so I assume he is the one who initiates and negotiates all things tour related with Live Nation, etc.

I agree, it really isn't helping. They seem to have gotten the size of the venues in the UK and Europe correct, and even Australia, so I'm struggling to understand how they cannot do the same in the US. Unless they think he has a much bigger audience in the US which he obviously doesn't.

I wish someone who knew what they were doing would be hired or put in charge. I know he's difficult but FFS surely someone would do it. Then again, is there any point? It's likely he won't listen and that's partly what we adore him for in the first place - not allowing music industry conglomerates to f*** him over. Round and round we go.

Donnie is (or was) tour manager, so I assume he is the one who initiates and negotiates all things tour related with Live Nation, etc.

I agree, it really isn't helping. They seem to have gotten the size of the venues in the UK and Europe correct, and even Australia, so I'm struggling to understand how they cannot do the same in the US. Unless they think he has a much bigger audience in the US which he obviously doesn't.
I thought that, for mist part, they did get the US venue sizes right on the Fall 2023 tour as well as on the previous US tour with Alain. So either they are overestimating the size of his liyal SoCa fans, or the appeal of YATQ, his best selling album.
I wish someone who knew what they were doing would be hired or put in charge. I know he's difficult but FFS surely someone would do it. Then again, is there any point? It's likely he won't listen and that's partly what we adore him for in the first place - not allowing music industry conglomerates to f*** him over. Round and round we go.
Well, I wish he was the type of DIY person who could thrive on his own, without the help of industrial conglomerates. Or, as you said, that he could put his trust in someone that could help him with this.

I think they (Donnie and/or others) just really overestimated the interest in these particular shows. Morrissey's last LA show - the infamous walk-off due to cold weather - was at the Greek Theatre (5,900 seats)... so he wasn't playing venues this size on the last go round.

I think they (Donnie and/or others) just really overestimated the interest in these particular shows. Morrissey's last LA show - the infamous walk-off due to cold weather - was at the Greek Theatre (5,900 seats)... so he wasn't playing venues this size on the last go round.

It’s a mistake if he thinks he can still play places this large, and two nights. And I think we saw the last of the residency shows in NYC. I’m sure he’s consulted before a venue is agreed upon, maybe not on all of them on larger tours, but these anniversary shows? I’ll bet he was. Anyway, he’s learning the hard way. I feel for him, but it is what it is.

It’s a mistake if he thinks he can still play places this large, and two nights. And I think we saw the last of the residency shows in NYC. I’m sure he’s consulted before a venue is agreed upon, maybe not on all of them on larger tours, but these anniversary shows? I’ll bet he was. Anyway, he’s learning the hard way. I feel for him, but it is what it is.
I think quite the opposite. I think he enjoys residencies, possibly more than other, single shows. Several nights in one location, without the hassle of travel, and a big payout. I think we can expect to see more residences and not less in the near future.

I think quite the opposite. I think he enjoys residencies, possibly more than other, single shows. Several nights in one location, without the hassle of travel, and a big payout. I think we can expect to see more residences and not less in the near future.

Goes without saying. But were not discussing what he enjoys. What is being discussed here, is him trying to fill these halls like he once did. Don’t know if you noticed, but those last NYC residences didn’t sell very well. And here with the anniversary shows, practically giving tickets away. Now, what are your thoughts on future shows?

Goes without saying. But were not discussing what he enjoys. What is being discussed here, is him trying to fill these halls like he once did. Don’t know if you noticed, but those last NYC residences didn’t sell very well. And here with the anniversary shows, practically giving tickets away. Now, what are your thoughts on future shows?
I was at all the NYC shows and they were filled to capacity.

I was at all the NYC shows and they were filled to capacity.

Were they? I was too busy enjoying myself to care either way. But from what I read on here during that time, it doesn’t seem they were filled to capacity, posts of seating charts. But it seems, due to venue choices, cancellations, etc. he’s having a tougher time selling shows like he once did. If you can’t see this, then, I don’t know what more to say.

I reckon there’s gonna be a dvd coming out of this
I think a couple of shaky videos on SER’s YouTube is about all you’re going to get.

I’m not sure a slap-dash band hatcheting their way through an album none of them had anything to do with while a bell-bottom jeans wearing MOZI mumbles something about rats is something that needs to be immortalised on DVD.

I think a couple of shaky videos on SER’s YouTube is about all you’re going to get.

I’m not sure a slap-dash band hatcheting their way through an album none of them had anything to do with while a bell-bottom jeans wearing MOZI mumbles something about rats is something that needs to be immortalised on DVD.
But in the reality of Moz’s world, maybe that’s what they feel they do need. Or certainly the set hidden behind a paywall.

But in the reality of Moz’s world, maybe that’s what they feel they do need. Or certainly the set hidden behind a paywall.
There’s absolutely no point putting anything behind a paywall; it would be posted in the Downloads section here within an hour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom